CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

How old is she? I wonder, what's a good age for taking the bus? I say sit her down and talk to her about what could happen, try to get her to think about it a bit.

She's 6. She takes a school bus.

But with Tony and Claire being at the Hospital, she had to walk home with her brothers.

cause there was no one at home waiting for her and she's to young to stay home alone.

As for talking to her, you are getting ahead of the story again.:p*g*

Once the boys left, Claire took some dinner up to Julia.

"Hey Julia... I brought you some supper, and I was hoping we could talk."

"Thanks mommy. I thought I couldn't have any?"

"No one knows but you, and I. So would you like to talk about today?"

Rolling her peas around her plate, she bit iinto her pork chop at the same time.

"I just don't understand why I couldn't take the bus, mommy. I'm six now. I take the bus home everyday with my friends."

"I know that sweetheart. You would have done that today too. But your aunt had her baby. So your father and I went to the Hospital. We asked your brothers to bring you home. Your father and I, don't feel you are old enough to be home alone. The bus would have gotten here before your brothers. Leaving you to sit outside, alone. That's something we can't allow you too do."

"Oh... I guess that is true. But why are Jimmy and James always mean to me? I'm getting really tired of the names they call me. It hurts my feeling too, you know."

"I know sweetheart. I"m sorry they say things out loud about you. Maybe we should have a family meeting tonight. Make some new rules for everyone? This way ...no ones feelings get hurt anymore."

"I guess that would help. I know I scream alot. But that's because when I talk, no one listens. When I try to say something, everyone talks above me, cause they think I'm being a pest."

"Aww... I guess we never looked at it like that, sweetheart. We will get everything straightened out tonight. I'll also make sure your thoughts are heard, okay?"

"Okay mommy, and I'll tell Jimmy and James I'm sorry."

"That's my big girl. Now how about you help me with dishes, and then we will have some cookies and ice cream for dessert?"

"Those big giant cookies, that we put the ice cream in between?"

"Uhuh... so shall we?"

"We shall mommy. I love you."

"I love you too, my Julia."

Meanwhile...

The boys had finished their swim meet, and were heading home when John called them.

"Jimmy... James... are you two coming, or not?"

"No. Our mom just called. We have some family meeting or something, to get home too."

"You're kidding, right? Come on you guys, you are sixteen in a month. Don't you think it's time for mommy to let go, of the apron strings."

"Shut up, John. What really bothers you, the fact we obey and respect our parents. Or the fact that you don't respect yours."

"What ever man. I don't even know why I bother. Run home to mommy, see ya."

"For god sakes Jimmy, I think I know how poor Julia feels now. Especially when we tease her."

"Yeah... I guess you're right, James. Let's get home and make up with our little Julia."

When the boys got home, they could hear Graham crying. Walking in, they seen their mom trying to get him to nurse.

"What's the matter with him, mom?"

"I don't know, he's just not settling for my breast anymore. Can you go see what's taking Julia so long with the bottle of formula?"

"Sure mom." Walking into the kitchen, Jimmy seen his sister trying to reach the microwave.

"Hey sis... let me get that for you, before Graham makes us all deaf."

Julia laughed. That was the first time her brother had made fun of someone, besides her.

"Here you go, sis. Get that to mom."

Once Graham was feeding, Julia walked up to her brothers and said...

"I'm sorry for being such a brat, Jimmy and James. I didn't mean too. It's just I like taking the bus with my friends, but mommy explained to me why I can't. so now I understand."

"That's okay Julia. We know it's hard to be told what to do all the time. James and I promise to try harder, and not yell at you, or call you names."

Claire was smiling. She had set up a family meeting for nothing. What wonderful kids she had. They had figured it all out for themselves. Hearing the door, Julia ran to see her father. Stopping in her tracks, she noticed he had two puppies.

"Oooo... oh daddy, puppies. Look mommy, we got puppies."

Claire sighed. She had just brought a peace and quiet to their home, and now... now it was going to start again. With puppies who would pee, eat shoes, and whine all night.

Hi sweetheart, I found these two little guys on the way home. They said they needed someone to love them. Think you kids can do that?"

"Oh God dad, yeah. Oh look at him. Come sit Julia, I'll help you hold him."

Sitting down with Jimmy, he placed the puppy in her lap. Giggling the puppy licked her face.

"He's funny daddy, what are their names?"

"You and your brother get to name them. Do you know what type of dog they are?"

"No. What daddy?"

"They are called golden retrievers. Both are males, and twelve weeks old."

"This is awesome dad, you're the greatest. Look at them. They really love those toys."

Picking up a blue bag of pads, Julia asked...

"What are these daddy?"

"Those are wee wee pads. The puppies pee on them, when we can't get them out for a walk."

"Ohh... so can we name them now?"

"Sure we can. Any ideas?"

Claire was not impressed. She didn't want puppies.

Looking at his wife, he could tell she was upset. Walking over, he sat beside her and whispered in her ear...

"Come on, baby. It will be great for the kids. Not only will it teach them responsibility, but it will also help bring them closer together. Besides... puppies bring years of enjoyment." he smiled.

"So do handsom men. But you don't see me having a house full of them now, do you?"

"That's because you already have them all rolled into one, me."

Laughing she said... "you're such an ass."

"Yeah... but I"m your ass, babyy. I love you."

Passing him his son, she sat on the floor with the puppies.

"Come here you. You best not pee in my shoes."

Holding it up too her face, it licked her nose.

"Aren't they cute mom. So how do pick names?"

"Well... how about Jimmy and James name one, and you name one."

"Is that okay with you J&J?" asked their sister.

"Sure Julia... that's fine. You'll be spending more time with them, then we will. Cause we're busy all the time."

Watching the puppies run around, one slid across the floor and banged into the wall.

"Ouch... said Julia. We should name you Crash."

"Oh I like that sis. Good job. Then the other we should name... Speed. Then we have Speed Crash."

Laughing everyone couldn't agree more.

"Alright let's get them settled. Then it's homework time."

With the puppies settled by the fireplace with their little beds, they fell into sleep, curled into Julia.

"This is going to be good for her, baby. It gives her something to look after, and play with."

"I hope you're right, hon. Cause I have a feeling, our fun with Speed & Crash is just begining."

Meanwhile...

Mac was helping Alan with his homework.

"I don't get it dad. Why do we need fractions anyway? It's no good for what I want to be."

"What's that, son?"

"I don't know yet dad. I just know it won't have to deal with math."

Mac laughed. Leave it to his son, to be quizical.

"So Jimmy says that their is a dance coming up next week. Are you taking Beatrice?"

"No. It's only for the grades six through eight."

"Next year then, son. Maybe you could see if Beatrice would like to catch a movie on saturday. I can take you both, and pick you's up."

"Really dad? That would be so cool."

"Then it's on. You talk to Beatrice tomorrow, then let me know. Okay son? Now up to bed."

Giving his dad a giant hug, he ran into the kitchen and kissed his mom.

"Night son. I love you."

"I love you too, mom. Night."

Running up the stairs, Alan thought of the best way to ask Beatrice, to the movies.

Aww... Speed and Crash... that's so cute.

:lol: at Alan about the fractions. hehehe. I felt the same way when I was in school.

Later that night, the puppies crying woke Claire. Shaking Tony, she said...

"Hey... hey daddy. Your babies are up. You better go check on them."

"Come on Claire. They are your babies too."

"Listen... you wanted the puppies, you tend to them."

Climbing from the bed, Tony threw on his robe, and headed downstairs, when he heard the cries stop.

"Hm... well that was easy."

Turning around to go back upstairs, he noticed the light in the den go on.

Walking back down, he opened the door and seen his daughter curled with the puppies on her blanket she had pulled from her bed.

"Hey princess... what are you doing up?"

"The puppies woke me. So I thought I could sleep with them. They were lonely daddy."

"I'll tell you what. How about we both snuggle down with the puppies?"

"Sure daddy, I'd like that."

Laying down beside his daughter, with the puppies sandwiched between them. He covered them up.

"Daddy... how come puppies cry so much?"

"I guess they miss their mommy. You have to remember our home is new and strange to our puppies. Once they spend a few more days with us, they'll be fine."

"I hope so daddy. Cause no one should be lonely."

"You're right, love. Now try and sleep. You have school in the morning."

Snuggling in closer to her dad and the puppies, they fell into sleep.

Meanwhile...

The nightmare started while he slept. He could see it as clear as day. The street, the crime scene, the blood, the flesh torn and shredded against the walls. So violent and vicious, so vivid and real, as he watched the horror unfold.

Laying beside her husband, Jess woke with his thrashing. Shaking him awake, he jumped in a cold sweat from the bed. Running from the room he checked on his kids. Looking, making sure they were both still there.

Coming down the hall, Jess tried to get him to calm down.

"Donnie... Donnie... it's okay. It was just a dream. It was just a dream, honey."

Jess could see and feel his fear. She could see his body shivering.

"Donnie... you need to calm down. What did you dream?"

Looking at his wife with horror filled eyes, he said...

"I seen our children and grandchildren... they were... were being murdered, and I was being forced to watch."

Jess wasn't sure what to say. She wasn't sure where, that kind of dream would have come from. Wrapping her husband in her arms, she kept reassuring him that everything was alright.

"I want our son with us. Please Jess, bring our son with us. I need to call Donna and warn her."

"Okay Donnie. Just relax. We'll get him. But you can't wake up Donna. She's not going to believe it. It was just a dream honey, a bad dream."

Leaving him in the hall, she Walked into Donald's room, waking him.

"What's going on mom? Why do I have to sleep with you and dad. I'm too old."

"I know son. But your father had a bad dream. So he needs us with him tonight."

Crawling in beside his parents, he tried not to laugh. But he just couldn't help it.

"Donald... that's enough."

"I'm sorry mom, it just feels weird sleeping with my parents at my age. I just hope Alan never finds out, or I'll be teased forever."

"Go too sleep, Donald."

Silence now filled the Flack home, that is until...

Donald laughed again.

Last edited:
Back