CSI:Miami Season 5 *Spoiler Lab* Proceed With Caution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetler is the character that people love to hate. IT's like Ecklie in LV. I think show needs a character that everyone can hate :D

I kind of hate him too because he is just pain in the ass but he creates so wonderful... opposite towards Saint H and situation gets sparky and it's just plain wonderful.

^ I love to see H and Stetler locking horns! I think it's good for the show that someone gets under Horatio's skin in this manner. Makes it far more interesting. I for one would love to see Rick back and am disappointed he's not credited here. :(

I love Stetler because he's sort of the voice of reason. He's the guy going, "how stupid are you, really?" or "dude, NO WAY," and "oh my God, no." To me that's important because I pretty much say those things during every single episode.

The way Stetler feels about the lab is the way I feel about the show. Except he's a hell of a lot softer than I am. I think the guy is just doing his job. He's not antagonistic just because he wants to be. We've seen him help Horatio many times. He's shown concern for Horatio (and the team) a lot. When Delko was going through his Speed angst, Stetler was the only one who noticed and the one that advised him to see someone. If he were just any other asshole, he wouldn't give a damn, but he does.

Hating Stetler is like saying that people who work for social services are evil because they take children away from their parents. They're not. They're just doing their job, which, more often than not, is the right thing, albeit not the nicest thing at the immediate time. The truth is, Horatio is selfish and irresponsible and if it weren't for Stetler his entire team would probably be dead by now. Horatio is constantly putting everyone in harm just because he's so keen on going around Miami (and as we saw recently, Brazil) on his little personal vendettas. Recently, Eric almost got killed because Horatio got it in his head that he needed to avenge his Poor Dead Wife's murder in a dangerous country he knows nothing about. I wish Stetler had been around then to stop him. The whole thing was ridiculous.

Carolyn318 said: TPTB don't seem to include Stetler in that Internal Affairs episode so why doesn't David speak up and say something like "Shouldn't David Lee Smith's character be in this episode? It is called Internal Affairs isn't it?" Now is there anything else I need to explain??? If not, I'm going to bed.

Just a question: Do we know if David Lee Smith is even still available or appearing on CSIM? Has anyone checked the IMDB to see if he is perhaps involved in something else that would prevent him from appearing on the show? I agree that it seems strange that he would not be in an episode called 'Internal Affairs'. I really felt (although I loathe the character and how he treated Y) his absence in 'Rio'. Seems that there is alway an investigation with IAB whenever a cop kills someone in the line of duty, and that certainly happened in 'Rio' and the fact that the vic was connected to multile deaths Caine's family would seem to make it a prime target for Racoon Rick to look for something to nail H on. ?????

I actually really like Rick (aside from how he treated Yelina). Maybe it's because I can't stand what they've turned Horatio into (what happened to the H that said "Justice is not yours to dispense, and now you're going to pay for it" ??? Was he just a figment of my imagination?). Maybe it's because he brings something to the show that would be otherwise missing (although, I'm not quite sure what that something is...). I don't know. But he NEEDS to be in the episode called 'Internal Affairs'! That's a necessity!!

As for why I dislike Natalia: I can't really explain it. I guess it's because every time we see her, she's whining about something, or she's in need of rescuing. Doesn't look like that's going to change in Internal Affairs.

I don't actually know if David Lee Smith is still around for CSI:M; I could've sworn I saw him in one S5 episode (don't ask me which), but I could be mistaken.

love to see H and Stetler locking horns! I think it's good for the show that someone gets under Horatio's skin in this manner

same here :) wow i`m so glad that a lot peoples like Stetler. for me in this tv show don`t exist other character who u love and hate at the same time. hi is cool, hope to have new epis with him. and also H and Stetler are connected too long time. they have real fight Rick hate H coz of his promotion long time ago. and H hate Stetler coz of Yelina and some of Rick`s action toward his team. this i can call truth and ineresting plot for CSI Miami. not like now as some one have say to see only one ridiculous H vendettas and false/faked enemy.

i have read some posts from above re H to ask/need help. and if i don`t make mistake exactly Stetler (in S5) was the first guy who H have ask for help in all CSI M seasons. so i miss my Rick and want him back in this tv show.

I'm also a fan of Stetler. He provides a good opoenant for Horatio who can also act as an ally. Sometimes what he does really makes you think that naye he reall does have good intentions.

Actually, I don't think it's a terrible offense to dislike Stetler, in this case. As far as I can tell, his entire purpose on the show is to provide conflict for Horatio and/or his team. The writers, in this particular case, are doing the job very well if there is a large contingent who dislike the character. I believe that in one episode ???? he even said that the primary reason for his problem with H was because H got the promotion that he wanted. Conflict. If, as it is for many of us and seems to be the intention of the writers, Horatio is the Hero of the show, then there has to be a villian(sp) who is not a criminal, to balance H out. Light vs. Dark, good vs.evil. David Lee Smith is a great actor to portray the character as well as he does and make so many dislike him. He/the writers, again, are just doing the job, mam. Just doing the job.! (wink, wink)

See, I agree with that. If you hate a character because of what he does in the show (like Stetler), and not just because they take away from the other characters, it means both the writers and the actor/actress are doing a great job. It's like with Ryan and Natalia. A lot of people hate them because of their parts - Ryan because he was such a jerk in the beginning, and now he's hot headed and cocky, and Natalia because she was the mole, she told the feds about things going on in the lab (*good* things, but that's beside the point). In that sense, it's a compliment to the actors to respond to the characters the way people have to them. Does that make any sense at all?

:eek: Ricky! *starts to cry*

It just seems odd that they would have an episode entitled 'Internal Affairs' and there's no IAB to be seen anywhere.

As for David Lee Smith, there is a project right after CSI:Miami called 'The Man from Earth', (IMDB) which is in Post Production. That's the only recent information I can find on him for any other works from CSI:Miami. So, I would assume his schedule isn't as busy as one would believe.

ebonymist said
I don't actually know if David Lee Smith is still around for CSI:M; I could've sworn I saw him in one S5 episode (don't ask me which), but I could be mistaken.

He was credited in the episode 'Going Under', season five. :) Although for some reason I can't remember him being in the episode. :lol:

One thing that has stuck me as odd, was the fact that Stetler was always trying to get Horatio in some sort of revenge subplot for his becoming Lieutenant before Rick. So, Rick starts an investigation on Horatio, and in turn, watches everything he does in hopes that he makes a mistake. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but flying to Rio just to find the people who killed Eric's sister, and fly back seems like something IAB might want to take a look at. Odd? Yes.

Also, I'm sure if Rick was really lurking where he should have been, he would have known about Horatio and Eric stuffing the gang member into the trunk of a car, and driving him out to the glades.

Personally, I love Rick. As Midnight said, he's the voice of reason and he does care about the team. Even in 'Lost Son', he was there as IAB, but he was also there to make sure that Horatio knew he could seek help if he needed. He even brought it up again in 'After the Fall'. If he was that much of an evil ass, he wouldn't have done that.

I think he's human like everyone else, but the way he handles situations as IAB when the time calls for it, just creates great drama in an episode, and it's much more interesting to watch - in my opinion - than Horato flying to Brazil and almost getting everyone killed.

So, having the episode 'Internal Affairs' without any Internal Affairs, would make the episode seem...Pointless.

Oh Geni... he actually appeared there.. Iremember screaming and cheering when seeing him and then, next moment he was gone *sobs*

I thought he also appeared in an S5 ep. It's where he actually offered or helped H with something. I just about fainted when he did. Am I wrong?

Painted_Shadow said:
WTF? *double take* Ack! He's missing! What gives?! YOU CANNOT HAVE AN EPISODE CALLED "INTERNAL AFFAIRS" without the antagonistic star of IAB! I will speak in exclamations of outrage forevermore!

I couldn't agree with you more. I loath Stetler he should have never hit Yelina (that's when my true hatred of the man really started), but you are so right. Horatio and Rick are great together their hatred for one anther is great on screen. :lol:

^^Totally agree with you. As awful a guy Rick is, especially after his hitting of Yelina, the scenes between him and H are always great, always trying to get one over on the other one. An episode titled Internal Affairs without Rick is wierd for want of a better word

I've read Stetler is not gonna be in the episode. Which is totally stupid because when you think IAB....you totally think Stetler. How could you name an episode "Internal Affairs" and have an IAB investigation and not have him in it?!
I want my Stiffler....I mean Stetler!! :D

What genius came up with this? And I don't mean Corey Miller who wrote the episode...I mean the casting genius who left him out of the episode!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back