CSI books.

Re: CSI books.--Spoiler Warning

The strip joint section of Double Dealer was HILARIOUS--it's something I could easily see happening in an episode. Max Collins has a great feel for Detective writing in general--I have every issue of Ms. Tree (a hardboiled FEMALE detective) and Heaven & Heller (old school Marlowe style detective with hot female lead). I also love how he brought that @$$H*le Culpepper back...

Re: CSI books.--Spoiler Warning

HOO HOO HOO!!!! I loved how FBI Agent Culpepper (from The Strip Strangler) got his comeuppance at the end of "Double Dealer"! This one was a great read--if you haven't read any of the CSI books, this is a good start! Now, it's on to "Sin City!"

I finished CSI:NY Dead of Winter a little while ago, and though it wasnt one of those pick up and can never put down type of books, i still enjoyed it.

They are. And I must say, they are a really good extension. The ones I've read always connect really well to the shows, bring up things that you never quite got closure for in the TV show.

I've started Sin City--Dayam, Max Collins is a good writer. I loved his Ms. Tree work--I wonder if he were to write an episode of the show, a woman Private Detective who's acquainted with Brass named Ms. Michael Tree might show up... now THAT would ROCK!!!

Sin City's always been one of my favorites of his - of the ones that I've read. It's great how he brings out the characters like Det. Conroy and gives them a more prominent role than we ever see them as in the show. Made me notice more of the lesser characters!

Where exactly does Max Allan Collins reference Ms. Tree, Hankster? I don't remember it...

He doesn't. That is some of Max Collin's EARLIER work. I wish he WOULD reference Ms. Michael Tree in one of his books or in the episode he is (allegedly) writing...

The trouble is that Kaminsky's novel "Dead of Winter" doesn't have the connection with CSI:NY as Collins' novels
have with CSI:LV AND CSI:Miami.

CSI007WW, why didn't you like Binding Ties? I'm curious, since I haven't bought it yet. Is it worth buying, or not?

Back