CSI books.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I like it, but I liked it least of all the books up until now. I thought the first two chapters were really boring. The novel made a wrong start.

I got Killing Game and Binding Ties for Christmas!! Woot!!! Can't wait to read them! :D :D

I don't have the idea that CSI books are cool, I mean.. I don't know, but I have the feeling that to watch the series more fun is than read the books..

I don't have the idea that CSI books are cool, I mean.. I don't know, but I have the feeling that to watch the series more fun is than read the books..

The TV show is better but the books are still cool. The one thing that drives me insane though, I get confused with actual episodes and the ones in the book.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I like it, but I liked it least of all the books up until now. I thought the first two chapters were really boring. The novel made a wrong start.
Are you saying that Max Allan Collins is not a good writer?

I don't see how that can be concluded from my opinion. I only said that Binding Ties started of wrong (which is only one of MAC's many CSI novels) and that I liked Dead of Winter was better than Binding Ties (I didn't say it was the best CSI novel). I really have no idea how some one could conclude from this that I'm saying MAC isn't a good writer.

The TV show is better but the books are still cool. The one thing that drives me insane though, I get confused with actual episodes and the ones in the book.

okay.

Re: CSI books. (Spoiler Warning)

I just finished Sin City and it had a feel just like several episodes where the kid murdered the mom. I also enjoyed the irony of the stripper on stripper murder... Very well written. I'm on to Cold Burn now--and I agree, Max Collins has such a great feel for the Vegas characters, I sometimes get them mixed up with actual episodes...

I don't see how that can be concluded from my opinion. I only said that Binding Ties started of wrong (which is only one of MAC's many CSI novels) and that I liked Dead of Winter was better than Binding Ties (I didn't say it was the best CSI novel). I really have no idea how some one could conclude from this that I'm saying MAC isn't a good writer.
Very well, in your opinion,a) what do you think was wrong with the first two chapters and b)how could they have been written better?

Just picked up all the CSI LV :) books including the latest "Killing Game". Which should I read first? Also, I'll assume they are stand alone stories--so its not necessary to read them in any particular order or is it?

Re: CSI books-SPOILER WARNING

I'm really enjoying Cold Burn right now--between that snowed in Hotel case in Upstate New York that's reminiscent of The Shining and smacks of GSR shipping and a hint about Lady Heather (busty redheaded desk clerk waving and smiling at Grissom, making Sara mad), and the case of the thawed out woman found at Lake Meade, I'm really enjoying this! I hope Max Collins gets to write a couple of CSI episodes for real this season--he has a GREAT feel for the characters...

I have Sin City, Double Dealer, and Binding Ties. I haven't been able to find any place to buy them, though. My sister bought 2 of them in New York, and I foundthe other, strangely enough, in a Safeway. Any tips? :confused:

I just finished reading "Cult Following". It's excellent. Donn Cortez is a true disciple of MAC.

No chance of that, Horatio. You'll always be popular with us. And for the record? For a guy with blue eyes and red hair, I think you've got *plenty* of soul.- Calleigh, to Horatio.
Cross , you can buy them in Barnes and Noble's mystery section as well as thru Amazon.com

Back