cold case

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by debje, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

They don't cut back on anything, which is part of the reason I'm, like, "This has to be some sort of joke". I didn't think Cold Case and WaT were doing that badly.... Actually, looking at ratings, Cold Case went up since last season...

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

A really interesting case, the poor schizophrenic kid Pete, so tortured, and had fatih in his Dr. Ms. Ramirez, and then she dead, in a burned house, and no one knew who did it, Lilly like a dog with a bone, knew in her heart that he wasn't responsible for the death, but he did burn down the house, she was already dead, So it turns out it was her co-worker the Doctor, who was a narcisisist, and was jealous of her, and he felt she was undermining him so he killed her and blamed it on the kid. It was difficult to hear John Lennon's [the boy loved him] songs throughout this ep. and showing his photo at the end :( I cried so sad..

3. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Great episode last night. I love when they older and set in the 1950's like that. Really enjoyed it.

4. Desertwind

Me too mrsjrewing 1958, so long ago, I always amazes me how they find all these folks from the past, so easy:eek: It was fascinating, the black guy passing for white, because in that day and age it was just easier. But living that lie, got him. Marrying into a uptight white family, and trying to tell his wife, but the brother-in-law, finally found out, I couldn't figure out who killed him but it was his buddy from the service. He thought he did him in on the not getting his bank loan to move into Liberty Town:( The ending was poignant, all of them getting together and celebrating, and him standing smiling so happy that it happened. Lily rocks, she's so good, the whole cast is awesome! And the scenes with her dad in the Asian resturant brought back good memories for her, that was sweet~

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Scenes like that last one where the loved one who has passed looks on at those they left behind sometimes makes me want to cry. All they missed. It does make me happy when I watch these if the close loved ones like the victims wife or sister gets to see the case closed.

Do you also feel kind of cheated when they show ones that are not that old? Like a few weeks ago one was from '04 and it lacked something that this weeks had with the 1958 time period. I like them till they hit the '90's really.

6. Desertwind

This was sad, the Cuban baseball player who wanted a better life for him and his wife and baby son, and was so good, only to be killed by his own cousin who in his warped mind though he threw him to the sharks, which was not true. Always top notch:bolian:

7. Desertwind

This was way back in 1963. and the dead pool shark happened the same day as President Kennedy was assassinated, Nov. 22:( creepy Patrick "The Rifle" was good at pool hustling but got caught up with a dangerous girl, who was his moll, so to speak, his goal was to play pool with "Baltimore Red" another pool hustler. To think they find these old timers amazing, but they did. Lily great as always. The little girl who clamined she was his child, [she wasn't] another con she turned out to be played by Kay Lenz, [I thought she was dead] she's just old now. So the sad ending of who killed him was the girl who was his partner, and wouldn't or couldn't let this scam go, he wanted to be a dad, although he knew it wasn't his child, he wanted a better life for himself and her. So, this woman she liked the money, so he said it was over, and she shot him"

8. Desertwind

SUNDAY, 5/10. Cold Case's stars have been left in the cold when it comes to the show's tradmark "flashbacks"--until now. "I've always been jealous of not being able to go into a flashback", says Kathryn Morris [Det. Lilly Rush], but in this two-parter season finale--which may be also the finale--"my wish came true", she says "I get to be a bit of a time traveler" In the course of an investigation the death of a pioneering female cadet in the "90's" Lilly finds, "it's almost like she and the cadet have the same diary" Crucial secrets abouts Lilly's upbringing will be revealed as she fights for her life with a homicidal suspect. But will Lilly's long-held secrets be her last "Cold Case"? "Our ratings have grown this season, and so many shows are on the bubble, but I'm extremely optimistic", says Morris. In other words, she's not ready to put her role on ice

9. Desertwind

This was riveting from the beginning to the end, which was SCREAMS:scream:. The cadet who wanted to attend a Military Academy without the approval of her dad, played excelently by Joe Penny, she disapeared and her body was found 3 years later, so far we don't know who did this, She had a tough haul, all the guys treated her like crap, from an officer played by William Baldwin to the homely kid who was in "Down The Drain" who the girl cadet beat him in pysical feat. Cutting to the end and I have an idea who killed her, yet, Lilly was driving and someone ran her off a bridge into the murky water below, and we watched the car sink with Lilly trying to get out.. to be continued

10. Desertwind

The Grand Finale riveting and suspensful. Kathryn Morris great acting perforamance. Findning the perp. who killed the cadet, and it was twosome, the cadet who was jealous of her, and hit her over the head in her room then when to his surpervisor Daniel Baldwin, who disposed of her body by stuffing into a tiny suitcase. And he was also the one who ran Lilly off the road, she was was expierencing dizziness, and vertigo, and refused to be checked out by the doctor. Also her tumultuous with her father, and recalling childhood memories. and Peral Jam, heart wrenching music.. Really good A+

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

But the deal was that Lily was in the hospital the whole time, right? She was dreaming about solving the case, but it was the others who solved it. She didn't get out of the sunken car by herself but needed help.

I love this show and hope they don't cancel it.

12. Noel_687

Noel_687 Dead on Arrival

She actually puts it all together while she is unconcious in the car. I hope it don't get canceled either it's the only thing I watch on sunday nights so if it gets canceled I'll be bored out of my mind.

13. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

I loved it! I don't usually enjoy Lilly-centric episodes, but this one was way better than I expected. I loved the Lilly flashbacks, especially when she was ID'ing the guy, and she met Stillman for the first time. They've known each other a while, huh? :)

I liked how they brought it all togethher at the end, when they pulled Lilly out of her car. Everyone else did the work she had "done" while unconcious.

The case was a good one as well, better than most of the season. I liked how determined the girl was to prove that she could do whatever a man could. It sheds a lot of light on the fact that this is still an issue today.

I hope we don't have to see much more of Lilly's father though, I don't like him that much.

Grade: A-

And please please don't cancel this show. It's my "Sunday Show" and I don't know what I would do if it got canceled!

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

It won't be cancelled, Cold Case will move to 10:00 slot after the new show on Sunday Night. It will take The Unit's (Cancelled) place.

15. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

It won't be cancelled? That's great! I love Cold Case!:)