cold case

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by debje, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Over view of the FINALE sound track "The Rolling Stones' so appropriate, awesome:bolian:

Christina, in motel room two guys burst in and slap her around, up and trash the room and steal gun~

Lilly finds empty room call her name "Christina" blood all over bathroom, find a pic of her and her sis, on the floor when they were little at the beach, then she gets knocked out, while unconcious she has vivid memories of that day~

She comes to and finds a bottle of oxycotin~

B case, a woman Althea Johnson coes to the dept. to find out if there's any news about her missing daughter who went missing 17 years ago, and says "someone sw her in a police car" and we go back to that day~

Lilly talks to the seedy motel mgr. and he says "She hasn't checked out yet" and aks who's going to fix that mess in the room, Lilly rolls her eyes and walks out~ calls Scotty!

Will can't find the wittness of that day when Wanda went missing~But if seems it was a '92' Ford Explorer`

Lilly gets back-up gun and Scotty tells her about his last encounter with Christina he tells Lilly he told her to get "straight", Lilly's furious that he never told her this. [Danny Pino is so delicious:p] They get into a heated argument, he goes "I've got my own fanily problems' He goes "Are we going to stand here and argue all day or find your sister and your missing gun"?

They go to the pharmcacy liste on the drug bottle and do a stake out and lo-and-behold a guy shows up, they follow him zap him with a stun gun. He awakes and goes "Cliff the guy who trashed the motel and took Christina is in Jersey City"~

Will find out the vehicle that Wanda was last seen in was a police vehicle~

On the dirve to Jersey City, Lilly apologizes to Scotty and says about her sister "I still feel responsible for her" Will interogates officer Dautherty tells him "Wanda was last seen in his car" He goes "youve got an unreliable source" The do have evidence. He lawyers up. Boss gets into it and finally he admits it was his son Matt, who he was protecting and the police dept covered it up. pleads for his son. Will says, "Althea Johnson has been tormented for 17 years, wondering what happened to her daughter, maybe you understand that" He and a couple of other guys pikced her up and were going to give her a drive but first went to make a durg deal > She freaked out and tried to get out and Matt shot her. "He goes "it was an accident, if I could I would have done things differently"~Stones song "Tumbling Dice" in the background~

Lilly and Scotty at Cliffs spot. They break in and find Christina in a back bedroom all messed up She goes "I'm sorry" and starts incoherently babbling about that 'beach day" and goes" I didn't want HER life to be like that" meaning the drug side of her life. like who is HER? Lilly then hears a baby crying:wtf: in another room, find baby, then Cliff returns finds Scotty carrying Christina out and tries to stop him, and Lilly comes up behind and knocks him to the floor, and went ballistic on him starting kicking him and goes "why did you do this to my sister"? She was totally out of control and was going to shoot him when Scotty says "NO, you don't want to do that". she goes to get the baby and they all leave, with Cliff unconcious on the floor~

Will tells Wanda what happened and she faces Matt riveting scene, then Wanda appears and smiles at her mom~ tears~:(

The it shows Scotty and Lilly, Christina and the baby girl riding home.. WOW WHAT A STUNNER,:eek: so Lilly is an aunt and her sis for now is safe. Intense, riveting, gripping finale:thumbsup:

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Jeffries has mentioned Althea before, mentioning that she always brought banana nut bread.

3. Anna P

Anna P Witness

4. Desertwind

I'm really bummed out on this sad news. One of my all time favorite shows, and I don't get this either, it was always high in the ratings, at least in the top 20. There were so many more stories that could be told, this sucks big time:( First 'WOAT' now this one:brickwall:

5. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Problem being that CBS is kind of spoiled with its powerhouses like the CSI and NCIS franchises that they can afford to drop shows that would be shining stars on any other network.:brickwall:

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sadly, that is the case. The almighty dollar won out again. I truly don't understand why this show was canceled, while a man who has TWO failed series udner his belt, Alex O Loughlin is being given a third. There were so many stories left that could have been told...rumor has it ABC may pick it up...but sadly, it appears Cold Case has had its last case.

7. Desertwind

Exactly so many more stories. Lilly just reuinited with her wayward sister, and Scotty and his challenges with his parents especially his mom. And the others. I loved this cast I'm really stunned by this one, I had no idea it was on their[CBS's] s...list.:scream:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't watch this show much because of the time slot (I watched Army Wives at that time and last season In Plain Sight was on at the same time so I recorded it while watching Army Wives), but my mother was a fan of the show. I told her today that they cancelled it and she said, "Nooo." In kind of a sad voice.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

And that is what I fear will happen next year with the CSIS. Us fans will still watch it...but others won't due to the time change.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I started watching Cold Case just late last year (few months after cancellation) and then became a fan. Thanks to DVR, I'm almost done with all episodes.

I just want to say I'm so disappointed with the finale. It was a good episode but not a series finale type. CBS didn't even try to renew the show for atleast 13 more episodes to finish the show properly or atleast tell the writers to wrap the show up because it's getting cancelled. Or uhm the writers should have seen the cancellation coming due to the show's low ratings and came up with a better finale.

Anyway, I love this show. Different type of crime drama. I know some were skeptical about its premise but I found it to be plausible. Yeah it's hard to remember things that happened years ago but detectives are trained to ask the right questions / present relevant evidence that will eventually trigger someone's memory and come up with a statement. Most episodes relied basically on witness statements then the suspect would confess to the murder even without a hard evidence against him or asking for a lawyer. But it's not reallt far away from reality. Some people, after all these years were haunted by guilt and just waiting for the right time to give up and confess.

Anyway some of my favorite episodes were mostly those set in the 1930's thru 1960's. The more ancient the better though I didn't like the 1919 case. I thought it was ridiculous. I also liked episodes in 1990's thru this decade. My all time favorite (as of now) is "The Road." Still need to watch some episodes from seasons 3 and 4 though.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011