cold case

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by debje, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From 1969. and the 'first man on the moon' period, and the young boys that were bound and determined to set off their own rocket:eek: and the poor geeky kid who so wanted to fit in to their gang, and went to the hippie and got the proper dynamite for the experiement. Greg Evigan [guest] still so good looking:drool: SO in the final it was him who was jealous, and beat him over the head with a hugh stick, when he the geeky one dived in the rushing river to save him. horrible ending :( Lily is so charming and so sweet good show:thumbsup:

2. Desertwind

The story of Russians immigrants, who defected from their country [1989] for a better life in Philadelphia, and the talented girl who had a voice like a songbird, and did opera, but liked pop music instead. [sang I'm Free] a old Tom Petty song.. Many twists and turns in this one as usual. All leads pointed to the dad, and the early days with what-his-face as a rookie cop, who had helped them, went to drink Vodka with the dad. One thought he was jealous and irritated and outraged because she didn't want to go along with what he wanted. In the end it was her teacher:eek: at her achool, who was jealous of her talent and gave her some wintergreen mint which she was allergic too and died on the train station steps muttering a Russian for "Golden Child" which pointed to the dad. But it was interesting and good as usual.

3. Desertwind

Another old one from the 60's and the poor preyed upon stewerdess's in those days, the hair do's:lol: and some real old timers Lee Majors, and Adrienne Barbeau, Mariette Hartley, and others I don't know their names, but the old jealous for nothing scenerio and the aging airline girl who was 32, and thought the younger one was taking the pilot away from her, but he was married and a sleaze-bag. I love Kathryn Morris, she's so good on this, and her visiting her dad in the retirement home, also poignant:thumbsup:

4. Desertwind

This one states again Money is the root of all evil" the poor mechanic won the lottery $8 million, and blew it in one year OMG> I could live forever on one mill.anyway was found dead, and who done it:confused:He gave it away to everyone, and they all used him form his low-life father, to the fake want-to-be party girl, and his relatives and almost towards the end I thought it was his sister and brother-in-law, and it was, He had given them $100,000 and they still wanted more, and he said NO, and they shot him, and lo-and behold he had stashed mega bucks away and gave it to the girl, who asked for nothing, and he had helped fix her car in the past. when they opened the trunk at the end with the briefcase full of cash, it was for her;) Lily and her gang of co-horts also played the lottery and at the end drinking in a bar watched as they lost:( always a great show:thumbsup:

5. Desertwind

1967, so long ago, and the case of the traveling salesman, the Fuller Brush man, I remember my grandma bought that stuff, and his knowing one of the neigborhood mans 'dirty little secret" for those days it was verboten:confused: and so the guy offed him and they [the team] found him at a construction site, He was a good joe, and meant no harm, but he butted hs nose in his busniness, and the creep killed him. And the sweet poignant scene with Lily and her dad and the end at her moms gravesite:( always a tear-jerker:(

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

It is great to see how they are using older actors this season that I grew up watching. This recent episode had Monte Markham (Baywatch, Second Hundred Years) and Pat Crowley (Please Don't Eat the Daisies) as the boy's parents these days, and William Ragsdale (Herman's Head) as the dad back then.

Other episodes recently had Lee Majors, Mariette Hartley, Adrienne Barbeau, John O'Leary, Tom Hallick, Ron Masak, HArold Gould, and other recognizable faces.

7. Desertwind

This ep. was the old wittness protection program, the bookkeeper, for a mob guy knew to much and the advocate played supremely by Jason Gedrick, put him the wife and the son in Penn. to hide, but at one sports event, he ran in to a old limo driver/hit man, who also worked for the mob boss, who recognized him and strange twist of events his daughter got involved with the son of the family who was hiding. The he mysterioulsy shows up dead, so who done it? leopards don't change their spots, it was in fact him, who was outraged over his beloved daughter leaving to run away with this guys son. The ending with the kid and his mom walking on the shores of [we don't know where]:confused: and seeing the ghost of their dad/husband was great!

8. Desertwind

[​IMG] finally back.. from 1976, a girl who got caught up in the biker gang, and because her dad admitted to the crime he was convicted of, she was devastated and thought this was her way of some sort of retributuon:( One guy tried to save her Brent, but in the end he was the one responsible for her untimely death. The gang leader of the mortorcycle gang thought they were running away with his money, and they were. He caught up with them and her friend walked away, letting Monster [who was in "Kiss Kiss Bye Bye] the guy who snuffed Faye Dunaway [Lois]stab her to death. Her dad wanted to know [after he was released from prison] what and who did this too her. A bunch of scary nasty bikers who had only one agenda, drugs and the money involved. A undercover cop who was also in CSI, I don't remember the ep. but it was an all around good interesting show!

9. Dynamo1

Jonathan Banks played "Shameless", the gang leader. Banks quite often has played the bad guy on many shows over the years. He was in the CSI episode "Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye" and will be in the second episode of the new series "Castle" next Monday if the ratings for tonight's premiere allows for another episode.

Patrick Kilpatrick played the undercover cop, "Monster", and appeared in the CSI episode "Big Middle."

Good to see Beth Broderick again. She played the current day hair dresser, Libby, and was in CSI's "Cockroaches" and CSI Miami's "Crime Wave." She might be familiar to those who watched "Sabrina, The Teenage Witch" as one of the aunts, Zelda.

10. Desertwind

Thank's Dynamo1 you rock:thumbsup: and I see are a big movie/tv buff, I appreciated that, and thank's also for the other guys name "Shamless" weird dude, I totally forgot:confused: Here's some spoiler news pertaining to 'COLD CASE', on the ep. airing March 22~

If there's any show that's about delayed Karma, it's Cold Case, but "Instant Karma" will be a featured song in this March 22, along with other gems from John Lennon's post-beatles catalog. Lennon's work fits the tale about a paranoid-schizophrenic suspect whose counseler draws him out using "music thearpy". Ultimately, this story is about one kid whose sanity is slipping away, says ex. producer Greg Plageman. Clues to the mystery lie in the disturbed lad's favorite song, the classic "Watching The Wheels" But will Det. Rush [Kathryn Morris] grow impatient and demand that he "Gimme Some Truth"

11. Desertwind

A poignant ep. one of they're own got shot:( My tape player was not working properly, so I missed the credits, who was the actor who played "Pops'? I know he was also in "American Gangster" but not listed in the credits:confused:so they all thought it was Franscisco, but it turned out to be Gabriel, the kid, who made a horrible mistake, the whole team was so compassionate, and caring and all there for him. The end scene with Lily crying cause' her dad gave her a rosary:( so sad Kathryn Morris is so sweet and pretty but also fiesty, a good actress!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Present-Day Pops: Clarence Williams III
    1966 Pops: Pancho Demmings

I haven't watched Cold Case in a while, but I tuned in last night since I was sick and needed something to watch. I have to say that I love the acting on this show. I mean, the scene with Lilly and her father. I had never seen the guy before, but I was, like, "From the vibe I'm getting, I bet he's her father". Five seconds later, "He's my father." :lol:

Although, if it wasn't for the CSIs and Criminal Minds, I'd hate CBS right now... http://www.tv.com/story/13005.html?tag=show;latest_news;title;0

13. Dynamo1

Good to see him again, I have watched him since the late 60's when he was one of the stars of the Mod Squad. He was also a regular character in the Mystery Woman TV movies on the Hallmark Channel.

14. Desertwind

DUH,:rolleyes: of course Clarence Williams, I knew it was him, but couldn't remember the name, he's great:thumbsup:thank's for the name:)

15. Dynamo1

TV Guide online news today announced they are signing up Richard Dreyfuss for a new comedy pilot. Doesn't sound like they are cutting back on money.