Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

^ I'd be all for seeing Danny with Jane from DNA. She's sexy. She's classy. I'd be down for that.

As for how the writers would handle it if they were to write Danny out for some reason (*prays that never happens*), I think it would depend on the reason for getting rid of the character. As Top pointed out, they do have a way of killing off characters when the actor wants out. I think if Carmine wanted out of the show, Danny has a convenient backstory that would make it easy to have him killed off. Tanglewood comes back to bite him hard and one of the gang treats him to a nice mob execution-style shooting. However, if someone at the show had the profoundly stupid notion that getting rid of Danny would be a good thing, I think there would be far less finality to it. Maybe I'd go with Lookaboomerang's idea that Danny gets himself into trouble and gets fired. That might leave open the option for him to return at some point. Either scenario would blow though. Gotta have my Danny!

And, as has been mentioned earlier, none of the other characters would react to his departure or acknowledge it in anyway. :( You know Flack would be dying on the inside though. :devil:

I liked Jane... Unlike with Peyton, I never found her accent annoying. I agree, She's very classy. Heehee

Why is it that everytime I write out all my thoughts and then go to post I get a - this page is no longer valid please go back - message :confused: :confused: :confused:
Twice this has happened to me and it's turning me off from posting my thoughts in this thread cause it doesn't work on my long post. Although they aren't that long.

I've learned the hard way :lol:

Always, ALWAYS, copy your post before you try and post it or preview it. That way, if the board farts (which it does especially if you're taking a long time thinking over a post), you can go back and simply paste it back in and try again.

I try and remember to do it ritually. Making it a habit. Because it invariably happens in the lllllllllong ones :)

If you take a long time writing a post, that can happen. It's happened to me before as well. A quirk of the system--so always copy and paste before posting a behemoth post. Losing the long ones hurts! :lol:

I can't honestly see Carmine leaving the show. He's really got it good. Aside from the unfortunate Lindsay pairing (which he doesn't seem to like), his character gets fantastic stuff to do, and he clearly enjoys. Danny has far and away had the best character development of any of the characters on this show, and that includes Mac and Stella, the leads. And let's face it, it's not like he had a thriving career before CSI: NY. It would be stupid of him to leave the show, and I don't think he's a stupid guy. It works both ways--he's an integral part of CSI: NY and if he left it would be a major loss for the show.

Top41 said:
If you take a long time writing a post, that can happen. It's happened to me before as well. A quirk of the system--so always copy and paste before posting a behemoth post. Losing the long ones hurts! :lol:
Behemoth - I love that word :D The one time I forget to copy is without fail always the time it happens to me. Always.

I can't honestly see Carmine leaving the show. He's really got it good.
He strikes me as being quite an intelligent & determined person. I'd doubt he'd be silly enough either. As tempting as it may (or may not - who knows?) be.

Aside from the unfortunate Lindsay pairing (which he doesn't seem to like), his character gets fantastic stuff to do, and he clearly enjoys. Danny has far and away had the best character development of any of the characters on this show, and that includes Mac and Stella, the leads.
Agreed. The minute he's given something more interesting than Lindsay-angst to deal with, he's doing his thing.

TPTB are obviously very well aware of his talent. However I'm getting nervous about how much they're playing up the sex-appeal of the guy; hoping that doesn't overshadow the work.

And let's face it, it's not like he had a thriving career before CSI: NY. It would be stupid of him to leave the show, and I don't think he's a stupid guy. It works both ways--he's an integral part of CSI: NY and if he left it would be a major loss for the show.

Oh yeah, I think they would shit themselves if he made that decision :lol: This show is a crucial point in his career. A launching pad for possibly much bigger things, if handed right. And I sincerely wish it for the guy. :)

Oh well I'll just have to make short posts, I'll let you all in on something I found today on IMDB. Apparently Hill Harper and Chris Angel - not sure if it's that freak guy - are producing a movie that not only has Hill in it ... but Carmine and Eddie as well. :D :D :D

oh, and a few other people :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's called (at this stage)- "This is not a test"

IMDB also states Carmine is Itallion, Norwegian, English and Native American ... the poor boy must be confused :lol:

Obviously Itallion from his paternal grandfather since he has said he came from Callabria. Now we just have to figure out which bits are European :devil: :devil: :eek: :eek:

tiara4carmine said:
Oh well I'll just have to make short posts, I'll let you all in on something I found today on IMDB. Apparently Hill Harper and Chris Angel - not sure if it's that freak guy - are producing a movie that not only has Hill in it ... but Carmine and Eddie as well. :D :D :D

Really? That's interesting, and it's a further proof that the guys' friendship goes beyond the CSI:NY set. It's also interesting that Hill's the one developing the project.

Whoopee a three-in-one movie! Gotta love that :)

Um, what 'creepy' guy are you talking about? :confused:

Erm... I think it's the magician dude with permanent eyeliner and stringy long black hair.... Criss Angel, Mindfreak. Um, is it that Chris? I can't really imagine him and Hill hanging out... haha.

crankyjules said:
Behemoth - I love that word :D The one time I forget to copy is without fail always the time it happens to me. Always.

[/QUOTE]

Me, too! I've had it happen so many times that I'll now copy posts that read: " :lol: That was hilarious!" out of habit. I hate losing posts--it's infuriating.

TPTB are obviously very well aware of his talent. However I'm getting nervous about how much they're playing up the sex-appeal of the guy; hoping that doesn't overshadow the work.

I've noticed that, too, and I find it very interesting. I think there's something uniquely sexy about Danny--he's very sensual, very unconsciously sexy, and I've noticed other characters on the show react to that (a lot of the guest stars especially). And, I think it's part of the 60% of the character that's not Carmine. Carmine's sexy in a different way than Danny is, something that I find fascinating. I think Danny is totally unaware of his own lure, and no matter how much it's played up on the show (tight shirts, flirting, etc.), that remains constant. It's one of the reasons I always scoff when Danny gets called a player. Players know they're hot shit, but I really don't think Danny does. And that's sexier than anything.

I don't want that to become all there is to the character--his back story and his dynamic with Mac and Flack are too interesting to fall by the wayside just so he can get paired up with a girl on the show, but I do get the writers' fascination with it, because it fascinates me too. It's not a bad idea to explore that aspect of him (so long as it's with someone he actually sparks with).

BTW, that movie sounds interesting! Hill producing something with both Carmine and Eddie in it? Sweet!!!!! :D

Top41 said:
I can't honestly see Carmine leaving the show. He's really got it good. Aside from the unfortunate Lindsay pairing (which he doesn't seem to like), his character gets fantastic stuff to do, and he clearly enjoys. Danny has far and away had the best character development of any of the characters on this show, and that includes Mac and Stella, the leads. And let's face it, it's not like he had a thriving career before CSI: NY. It would be stupid of him to leave the show, and I don't think he's a stupid guy. It works both ways--he's an integral part of CSI: NY and if he left it would be a major loss for the show.

**cough**DavidCarusoNYPDBlue**cough**

ETA: While Caruso's departure wasn't a huge loss to the show -- if memory serves, it went on to probably 7 more successful seasons before it went off the air -- he left to pursue a film career that never materialized. Not everyone can be George Clooney, and I hope Carmine doesn't ever leave the show.

"Players know they're hot shit, but I really don't think Danny does. And that's sexier than anything." (Not sure how to quote single sentences yet.. so.. haha.)

ANYWAY, yeah, I agree with that... :)

Top41 said:
I've noticed that, too, and I find it very interesting. I think there's something uniquely sexy about Danny--he's very sensual, very unconsciously sexy, and I've noticed other characters on the show react to that (a lot of the guest stars especially).
Yep, I've noticed that too. It's very noticeable :lol:

And, I think it's part of the 60% of the character that's not Carmine. Carmine's sexy in a different way than Danny is, something that I find fascinating. I think Danny is totally unaware of his own lure, and no matter how much it's played up on the show (tight shirts, flirting, etc.), that remains constant. It's one of the reasons I always scoff when Danny gets called a player. Players know they're hot shit, but I really don't think Danny does. And that's sexier than anything.
I don't get how anyone could call Danny a player in the first place. What's he done to be labelled a player? :confused: And you're right about the sexuality ... that's something I hadn't even thought of before. How an actor can give a character a different 'sex appeal' than his own is beyond me. I wonder actually if it's an unconscious thing; if Carmine's even aware of it. Or whether it's simply a byproduct of all that passion and edginess.

I don't want that to become all there is to the character--
:eek: The possibility scares the crap out of me. It's the one reason I'm a little unhappy about the Angell thing.

his back story and his dynamic with Mac and Flack are too interesting to fall by the wayside just so he can get paired up with a girl on the show, but I do get the writers' fascination with it, because it fascinates me too. It's not a bad idea to explore that aspect of him (so long as it's with someone he actually sparks with).
There is so much backstory, so many things they've left unexplained that is WAY more interesting to me than who Danny is going to hook up with next. Although I can see that there could very possibly be a good deal of spark between Messer and Angell. I agree ... not a bad idea to explore it as long as it doesn't compromise the character as we love him (as in that hideousness that was the angsty Lindsay stuff) or backstory and relationships with other characters we're really interested in seeing.

Tiara4Carmine - Thanks for the info about "This is Not a Test." Very cool. Can't wait to see that. According to imdb, it's currently filming and has a $1 million budget. I love small indie films. I'm excited for a little Hill/Carmine/Eddie collaboration outside CSI:NY.

As for the sexiness discussion, the differences between Danny and Carmine in that regard really are interesting to watch. Danny has a far more subtle sexuality. He's interested in being a good cop and a scientist and isn't intentionally trying to be sexy. He just is. The guy who plays him is sexy too, but in a more overt way.

Back