Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

kissmesweet said:
Yep. :) He seems to be so deep and that's really rare in actors and celebrities. He's not self-centered and that's why we love him!

'Seems' being the operative word. :) Don't know if he is or isn't those things ... would like to think those things about him but I can't state them categorically as I've never met him and all we've got to go on are a few articles and interviews.

I've heard a few people describe him as 'enigmatic' and I'd say that's the perfect word. I think he'd be an intriguing guy to get to know :)

^ The man is definitely an enigma. He 'seems' to be so many different things. He doesn't 'seem' to fit into any box, which is something I find deeply intriguing. But like crankyjules says, "seems" is the operative word. We truly don't know anything.

Tiara - I asked him what's with all those Frankie roles in my very first email. :lol: He said it's coincidence.

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Coincidence? Holy cow, how many coincidental Frankie roles can there be? :lol:

Ten bucks he'll call one of his sons Frankie, one day. :p

Oh, and Danny/Jane sounds like a really interesting pairing. :) Two hot accents together! Woo! Too bad there isn't much of Jane on the show to make any formal opinion about her character though.

crankyjules said:

I've heard a few people describe him as 'enigmatic' and I'd say that's the perfect word. I think he'd be an intriguing guy to get to know :)

He also described himself as a 'walking contradiction' in one interview didn't he? So I think he'd probably agree with the enigmatic tag too....

crankyjules said:

I agree. "Enigmatic" is an adjective that means mysterious, obscure & I think that definition fits Carmine to a tee. We don't know much about him other then the fact that he plays guitar, drinks tea, paints, loves baseball & a few other tibits. Only knowing that makes me want to learn more about this beautiful man.

Also, not knowing every single detail about a person has it benefits too. It's adds a hint of mystery & plus, you get an opportunity to learn something new about this person & this case, it's Carmine. Carmine definitely wouldn't be an interesting person to me if I knew every single detail about his life. I mean, I love how we discover something new & interesting about him every so often. That's what makes him such a modest & level-headed & normal guy. As I stated earlier the fact that he doesn't brag about himself makes him likeable. Also, I get the feeling that since he's a personal man he prefers to keep quiet about his loved ones & that's good to know. Motor mouths bother me.

^ agreed. I am totally and completely attracted to those that are opposite from me. Such as the artsy type like Carmine is. I just love to soak up their knowledge and everything that they are. I want to learn everything I can from them.

The mysterious factor just makes it better.

There are two types of characters I'd like to see Carmine play.
At first the role of a really really bad guy. A mafia boss or something like that. I always see him playing a 'good' character. I'd like to see him playing one of the other side.

And the second role I'd like to see is in a lovestory. Yes, I am a fan of him and want to see him play in a lovestory but not for the reason some may think of. Perhaps some of you know the movie "A walk to remember". I could imagine Carmine playing a character who is similar to Landon Carter. I'd like to see how Carmine shows these feelings.

Landon Carter was prob one of my biggest crushes for a loong time. The book as good, but the movie, oh man! :)

"A Walk to Remember" was a sweet movie. Carmine portrays the full range of emotions so well that I'm sure he'd do a beautiful job with a love story. But I like his edginess and don't really want to see him do anything sappy.

I like the idea of a really bad mafia guy though. He does tend to play good guys, or at least good at heart. In "The Learning Curve," his character certainly took an unattractive turn and in "Terror Tract," his character was hooking up a married woman. So I guess his characters aren't all "good," but they do all have heart and you pull for them. It would be great to say him do the complete opposite and play the evil villian. Someone the viewer roots against from start to finish. I don't really see him being drawn to that kind of role though, unless it was a conscious decision to do something different or there was some other factor that made the evil villian a compelling character.

MrsGiovinazzo said...

It would be great to say him do the complete opposite and play the evil villian. Someone the viewer roots against from start to finish.

A character that comes to mind is Col. William Tavington of "The Patriot" as portrayed by Jason Isaacs--he was the antagonist that made your blood boil from beginning to end...Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me imagine Carmine in an "era role",--but hey he could prove me wrong, right? I can see him look for roles that a fine actor can sink his teeth into be it the hero or villian--his eyes can be calculating and piercing if he wanted too, but he can easily convey tenderness and sincerity in the next minute...

He'd definitely fit in a mafia movie--even in something like "Gangs of New York"...and that's about as "era" as he can get.

I do agree that "sappy" and "fluffy" is not something he would want to do--but then I'm just assuming here...

Something out of this thought though--as I've been telling everyone, I haven't watched one of his movies yet--so any suggestion as to which movie I should pick over the rest that Carmine's done to add more to my knowledge of his acting ability...from everyone's opinions here--I'm missing out on alot...

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

seeker, we all have our different opinions on what was Carmine's best work. My favorite, for example, is Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss, but he has quite the body of work out there where he is a supporting actor. In several of them, he's there in a blink-and-you-might-miss-it capacity. In others, he stands out even if the movie is a stinking and smelly pile...

Just pick one and go with it ;)

MrsGiovinazzo said:

I like the idea of a really bad mafia guy though. He does tend to play good guys, or at least good at heart. In "The Learning Curve," his character certainly took an unattractive turn and in "Terror Tract," his character was hooking up a married woman. So I guess his characters aren't all "good," but they do all have heart and you pull for them.

I didn't see that movies. But I mean a really bad character. Someone evil and mean :devil:

seeker said:
any suggestion as to which movie I should pick over the rest that Carmine's done to add more to my knowledge of his acting ability...from everyone's opinions here--I'm missing out on alot...[/i]
If you haven't seen any of his movies, you are missing out because he's done a lot that is very different than Danny. Since the amount of screen time he's seen in his films varies, as does the quality of the project, I'd recommend "Fallen Arches" as a good place to start. Well-written, well-directed, well-acted, plenty of screen time for Carmine. I mention the writing and directing first, although those factors don't reflect on Carmine's abilities simply because some of his prior work occurs in such poorly executed films ("The Learning Curve" or "Players"), that it can be distracting.

But, like Springmoon says, just pick one. Dive in and watch them all.

Yeah, Fallen Arches was my first non-CSI Carmine experience. :D And then, after that, it was Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. Just a little screen time, but the quality definitely makes up for it.

The Learning Curve on Carmine's end is really great. It could have used a lot more editing. I didn't need a 20 minute long make out scene after they're done driving the cars. :lol: And yes, the car scene could have been shorter also.

Expect to be delightfully shocked by the stark differences between Danny and everything else he's done. It's really, really weird to see him doing something else. :lol:

lookaboomerang said:
The Learning Curve on Carmine's end is really great. It could have used a lot more editing. I didn't need a 20 minute long make out scene after they're done driving the cars. :lol:
WTF? You may not have needed that scene, but I did. :lol: :devil:

Back