Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

we saw that last night, but the impetuous nature has been tempered with some maturity. He thought about executing the plan last night first before just hauling off and doing it. To me, that suggests that the character has matured some over the last year or so.
See TPTB can do it people!! I agree springmoon, the old danny that we had grown to love, certainly showed that he had matured in the way he conducted himself and took charge of the situation. Whilst still maintaining that street smart, cocky pain in the butt that we were given three years ago, someone doesn't have to change completely to mature (just wished we'd seen more of it in season 3 as a whole).

Don't worry Fay we don have to talk about that quick roll in the hay... sorry Baize, doesn't need to be pulled apart.

BTW Fay, loving your location right now!!

So getting off Danny and onto Carmine, I have finally seen Billy's Screen Kiss. While the overall movie passed in a blur *I fast forwarded* Carmine was good. The first meeting, I agree with Georgana, he does have a great butt, but did anyone notice his abs when he was leaning against the boat - HELLOOOOOO - The song was funny, I know I read somewhere he wrote that song then played it for the big wigs when he auditioned, and they loved it so they hired him. I particularly enjoyed the line - I want to eat her -:lol: :lol: :lol: All I kept thinking was pussy :devil:
:eek: :lol: and not the mookie kind :devil: :eek: :lol:

I also liked the bit where Georgana and Billy are running off down the beach and Carmine pops in screen calling her name...why doesn't he just look to his right :confused:
:lol: :lol: he'll soon see her :lol: :lol:

I also finally saw Players. While I sped through a lot of that I didn't mind it, he was so cute, but if we're expected to believe he was 18, then it's a bit of a stretch.
The only time I really liked him was toward the end when he told Freddie "my girl's pregnant" The doofy look on his face was so endearing. If only he'd meant me when he said that ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well, only Terror Tract to go, and any more news on the new movie This is not a Test?

FYI - Carmine will be on "This Week In Baseball" tomorrow - Saturday, June 2. He will be talking about the Yankees and Mets. The show airs on Fox, but you'll have to check your local listings for the time as it varies in each market. Heres a link to the story. Sorry if there's a different thread for this kind of info. I looked but couldn't find.

TWIB for Saturday, June 2

^ Thanks for the info and the link. This is the right place to post that. Aww, he's the Front Row Fan of the Week. That's cool. I'm sure baseball is a topic he loves getting to talk about. Given that it is a sports show, I'm not sure I'll bother to tune in, but if someone else does, please give us the recap.

Aww if someone could plaese post anything and everything that he says that would be fantastic!
It'll be cool to see Carmine in a un-Danny personal time role!!
Thank you for posting.

How was it? Did he geek out? Was it like Eddie with the Stanley Cup? :lol:

He didn't geek out, damn it all. I would have liked to have seen that. :lol: It was really interesting. He talked about how playing baseball helps him with his acting career. And also his favorite Mets players back in the day. I have a very bad memory for specifics, but I taped it so I can re-watch it. I'm gonna do that now, so more details will be forthcoming! I've also got my eye out for a video, but nothing yet. Stay tuned for further updates . . . :)

PerfectAnomaly said:
And also his favorite Mets players back in the day. I have a very bad memory for specifics
No fangirl should need to watch that show to name his favorite baseball player from back in the day. Mookie Wilson. Here kitty, kitty, kitty, good Mookie, come to daddy.

I've also got my eye out for a video, but nothing yet. Stay tuned for further updates . . . :)
Excellent. If anyone sees his segment online, please let us know where to find it. While I couldn't be bothered to watch or TiVo, I'd definitely click on a link to take a peek.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
PerfectAnomaly said:
And also his favorite Mets players back in the day. I have a very bad memory for specifics
No fangirl should need to watch that show to name his favorite baseball player from back in the day. Mookie Wilson. Here kitty, kitty, kitty, good Mookie, come to daddy.

Yeah, that one's a given. He also mentioned Lenny Dykstra and Dwight Gooden.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
Mookie Wilson. Here kitty, kitty, kitty, good Mookie, come to daddy.

Do ya know the irony of him calling his cat Mookie? His cat's completely white in color, but Mookie is a black baseball player. :lol: I do think it's sweet that he named his cat after one of his favorite baseball players. In fact, if ya wanna see Mookie Wilson sing with Keith Hernandez on Sesame Street, you gotta watch this video! :D

MichelleK said:
Aww if someone could plaese post anything and everything that he says that would be fantastic!
It'll be cool to see Carmine in a un-Danny personal time role!!
Thank you for posting.

Ok kids, here it is. :) I transcribed the TWIB segment with Mr. G, and I got it as close to word for word as I could get it. They cut back and forth between Carmine talking and footage of Dodgers Stadium, the Mets and the Yankees.

[Announcer voiceover]: Can art and baseball coexist? It sure can to our Front Row Fan. One of the stars of CSI: NY, Carmine Giovinazzo.

[Carmine]: Being in Dodgers Stadium was phenomenal. It is something unbelievably special; a crisp baseball field. It’s art and it’s amazing. Fortunately I got to take BP (batting practice) with the pitchers last year, so I was bouncing in and out of the (batters’) box with (Greg) Maddux and hitting, which was unbelievable.

[Announcer voiceover]: Carmine lives in LA, but his true baseball colors are a somewhat different shade of blue.

[Carmine]: I’m a New Yorker. I’ve always been one to root for the underdog, so Mets in the last decade. But growing up, Yankees or Mets. Now that I think about it, most of my friends were always diehard one or the other. Mostly Yankees; it was rare there were Mets fans back then. The Mets were always, well, like, you know, more like a team. I think that’s why I liked them; they were kind of a scrappy team.

[Announcer voiceover]: And no team fit that persona better than the 1986 squad.

[Carmine]: (Lenny) Dykstra when he came through, he was definitely an interesting cat. I loved Mookie Wilson. Mookie Wilson was my favorite back in the day. Dwight Gooden’s coming to mind. He was inspiring coming up so young and being such a star. Those guys definitely inspired me.

[Announcer voiceover]: Carmine played short stop in college, and the lessons he learned on the field have helped guide him as an actor.

[Carmine]: There is a discipline that I learned from baseball I think that I’ve taken into life, which is like a concentration and kind of always a meditation and a patience. You know, I mean, there is a similar patience with acting. If you go three for ten on – with – auditions, that’s fantastic. You know what I mean? And, obviously, it’s pretty good in baseball. So there is a similarity in the failure you have to deal with but yet keep your head up and not be desperate. Be able to get up in the bottom of the ninth (inning) and be 0 for four that day and still come through. Like not getting the last 20 appointments that you had or movies that you were up for and then still come in like “No. I still know what I’m doing.” You know, keep that poise. I’m a player first and foremost and I get pumped up from good games.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for a video. The TWIB website hasn't updated their videos since May 19, so I'm waiting patiently. :rolleyes:

Thank you so much for the transcript of the show!
I wishe he was geeked it up abit - Eddie with the Stanley Cup was just hilarious.
He seems like a guy who knows his stuff whereas it just goes completely over my head!
Thanks again!
If anyone does find a video please post the link!!

Thanks for that transcript! Did he give the interview in a studio?

It's funny that he rooted for both teams growing up...I'm from Chicago, where we have the Cubs and the Sox, and I've always liked both! I'm a northside girl so it's the Cubs first, but hey, they're all Chicago so I love them both! Some people are really die hard one team or another though, like I imagine they are with the Yankees and the Mets.

Back