Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

MichelleK, not to get off subject, but has Carmine always smoked?? :confused: :( :(

I think he has smoked for a fair few years now! I read somewhere he has been trying to quit for New Year but he has been spotting just recently smoking!!

(*Cries*)
I wish he would stop, I know it's his bussiness, but still.... Thanks.

Top41 said:
Speaking of...

It seems Danny's going to put on a brave front in the finale, but do you think he'll have lasting trauma from what's going to happen to him while he's held hostage? Is there anyone less emotionally capable of dealing with any kind of trauma or duress than Danny? I expect a grand old Danny meltdown next season...that is, if the writers stay true to the character. ;)

Personally, I'm wondering if Danny isn't going to go through the stages of not wanting to be a CSI anymore. During the billiards scene with Flack, you could honestly feel that the weight of Mac's treatment, and his own treatment, at the NYPD's hands were starting to weigh on his mind. Yes, Flack had the standard response of doing it for the one or two people who say "Thank you," but in that heavy scene I honestly felt that Danny just wasn't buying it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a cliff-hanger where he turned in his badge.

^ Yay. For some reason, that link worked form e when going directly to the site myself didn't. :D Excellent! That was a cute video. Awww, does someone get cranky about his beauty sleep being interupted? I always love those little behind-the-scenes things.

PrettyEyes, the idea of Danny getting disillusioned is an intriguing one. I loved that scene in the bar with Flack--Danny really did seem so downtrodden and cynical about the job. I think Flack bolstered him up a bit, but it was obvious that he was doubting whether or not it was all worth it.

I wonder if getting taken hostage and taking a fair amount of abuse will have an effect on him next season. What do you guys think? Are we in store for Danny drama, or will be be fine by the beginning of season 4?

I think he's going to think about it for a little while, but I doubt it will effect his work. He knows he most probably saved Lindsay's life, so that's probably going to keep him sane. And he's our tough hero, so I think he'll be ok, but if not I will for sure fly to whever he is and give him one huge hug!!! :D

Top41 said:
I wonder if getting taken hostage and taking a fair amount of abuse will have an effect on him next season. What do you guys think? Are we in store for Danny drama, or will be be fine by the beginning of season 4?
Hmmm ... tough call. After the first two seasons, I would have said Danny was a shoe-in for post traumatic stress syndrome and we'd surely be seeing lingering effects. But then the emotional wreck he became when Louie got beaten up was a writing opportunity wasted in season three, so it's anyone's guess. Part of me wonders if the Danny we love is gone forever and, after spending a summer in Lindsay's arms, he's be all calm, cool and collected with virtually no memory of the incident. I hope that's not true. I cling to any shred of hope for drama because Carmine plays that so well. Aside from Lenkov's gift of skin, the writers haven't given us much of Danny this season. I'll cross my fingers and hope for better next year.

MrsG I'm with you! If he comes back in season 4 all cool, calm and collected we'll know for sure someone is slipping something in his food!
We need a breakdown - he's long overdue one!
To be fair chouldn't all the CSI's and Flack have suffered with PTSD sometime in the past 3 years! Let one of them suffer it and I can't think of a more perfect character than Danny. Carmine would shine!!

TO be fair and i know this is the carmine/ Danny thread... If anyone gets to Suffer from PTSD me thinks its got to be Adam... poor boy!
I'll be peeved if they give someone (another one) PDST without even hinting at any problems for Flack for the entire of season 3.

But i do agree, Danny is long overdue some kind of breakdown, lets face it he never talks about Louie, nor ever mentions aiden and he lost his balls nearly a year ago and has yet to find them. He defineitely needs some kind of therapy.

he went through something dramatic...i hope it shows in the writting and they dont do like they did on csi vegas or miami

i hope they keep danny real!

I think Adam will actually handle the aftermath better since unlike Danny he doesn't seem to internalize things. Danny puts on a brave front, but I think at some point it's possible he's going to fall apart. Carmine could certainly play that brilliantly if given the opportunity.

Yep, Danny is not the type to let it all out. He keeps it in until he's ready to burst, but that bursting point usually happens at exactly the wrong time. He's impetuous still, and we saw that last night, but the impetuous nature has been tempered with some maturity. He thought about executing the plan last night first before just hauling off and doing it. To me, that suggests that the character has matured some over the last year or so. But I did like the snarky old Danny that we saw last night. Perhaps he just needed to get a little "something" out of his system?

Perhaps he just needed to get a little "something" out of his system?
Oh no, is this where we have the birds-and-bees talk about sowing wild oats or wheat or hay or something? *bites nails*

;)

Back