"Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Well, the ending of this episode wasn't exactly what I had envisioned. Quite different in fact.

First of all, I really enjoyed how at the beginning (before the credits rolled) Grissom and Greg tried to one-up each other with their bantering about the case at hand. (It was remniscent of the epi from a few years ago (when Greg was a CSI trainee) and he and Grissom were one-upping each other while checking out a thin man's body in a hotel where a obese people's convention was going on.)

Tonight:

Grissom: This is what happens when you don't wear your seatbelts.
Super Dave: That's why I always do.
Greggo: It's the law, even in limos.
Greggo: Open champagne bottle, white powder residue...think it's coke.
Grissom (pointing his flashlight to the brain matter glob mixed in with white powder on the dashboard): Well then that must be his brain on drugs.
Greggo: Party till you drop.
Grissom: Or get shot...whichever comes first.

Classic Grissom and Greg.

I want all Greg fans to pool their money and put a contract out on that a-hole Under-Sheriff. There just aren't enough foul words to hurl at that man. What a jerk!

Very generous of Greg to go easy on Aaron. He's a better person than I would be. Perhaps he was thinking that since he is an only child how much it would hurt his parents to lose him. He felt for Mrs. James. He's so decent and caring.

I would have liked to see some Greg and Nick interaction in this episode. Still, I was happy to see Sara want to protect Greg when Mamma James came at him. Gotta love and respect her for that.

Greg is so going to become Grissom-like one day. He's learned so much under Grissom's tutelage. Plus, Greg is calm and not easily excitable, which is a good thing when put under pressure like he was tonight.

*pools in money* Good gosh I was actually fuming and yelling things at my tv... Lets just say it was a good thing my parents weren't home. :p

I agree, Toots. Greg was so sweet to go easy on Aaron. Makes me love him more, if that's possible.

Grissom (pointing his flashlight to the brain matter glob mixed in with white powder on the dashboard): Well then that must be his brain on drugs.
Greggo: Party till you drop.
Grissom: Or get shot...whichever comes first.

Classic Grissom and Greg.

I want all Greg fans to pool their money and put a contract out on that a-hole Under-Sheriff. There just aren't enough foul words to hurl at that man. What a jerk!

One of the things I DID like in this ep (other than the obvious) was the brain on drugs comment.

And I meant to ask, what is wrong with the undersherriff? He was really mean to Greg.

Humm.... Where to start?

I guess I could say that I agree with many people when they say that it was not the best episode ever. It was more Greg-centric, which I as a Greg fan loved, but the crime scenes just weren't up to their usual standards, just like last week. I am really beginning to wonder what is going on in the minds of TPTB.

I think they are playing too much on the romantic relationships, and not enough on the forensics. I know they are competing with Grey's Anatomy, which is geared more towards relationships than medicine, but do TPTB have to turn our beloved CSI into a soap show? If they want to do that, move the show to daytime tv right after The Price Is Right.

I do appreciate them wrapping up Greg's unfinished business, but it seemed a bit more forced then I would have liked, even though Eric did play the part well. As for Sara stepping between him and the crazy lady, that also seemed forced, and she was there for only a second.

All in all, I give it a 7/10 rating. I just really wish TPTB would give us back the CSI we first loved.

Did I read right about Sara disappearing in the finale? If so, hum...

See you all in the chat room!

*EDITED: To add a spoiler tag*

Kassie, please explain to me the relationships that took place in tonight's episode, because I sure as hell didn't see any.

And I meant to ask, what is wrong with the undersherriff? He was really mean to Greg.

He's an ass. That's what's wrong with him. He was probably angered and embarrassed because the city had to pay out such a big sum of money to the James family. And he hates bad publicity on his watch. He probably feels like more publicity on the James case would tarnish his tenure as Under-Sheriff, and may jeopardize a future promotion. The man's an ass, plain and simple.

The only time I haven't seen the Under-Sheriff act mean was when he was coming on to Sofia. That creeped me out. If I were Sofia, I'd go home and take a couple of showers just to wash the crud off from being so close to that guy. Ugh! :mad:

Seriously, is there a chat room here? Where? I've never heard of it.

Yeah, I enjoyed the few scenes between greg and grissom. It was refreshin to see. It's almost like back-in-the-day!! I have always liked the two together whether it's talkin' shop or greg tryin' to get gris on the go, sort of speak!

And well, I busted seeing Hodges in the field...and his expresso comment.....well.....LOL!!!

*rubs eyes*....was that WARRICK??? lol...yay!!

I liked the ending aswell...it was definitely different. Like DIZZ said "that Greg stood up for himself"...that was good to see. He has takin' enough abuse, and one can only stand for so long before cracking...and be the bigger man, by talkin with the DA!

**totally stoked for nexts weeks eppy now...can't wait to see my fave lab tech...AGAIN, in the mix of things...lol**

mrb105, when I spoke of relationships, I was speaking about the season in general. I was bit out of line since this only about the episode at hand, but I was referring to GSR in that comment. I did say romantic relationships, though, in which case would lead one to the GSR since it is the only cannon relationship we have so far.

EDIT: The chat room is on the Wiki, in THE Love section. I was talking to my fellow Greg/Nick shippers there. You are more than welcome to join us though.

Yeah the Under-sheriff was a totally being an a-hole. I wanted to smack him a couple times for what he said to Greg. But I really did love Greg standing up for himself. I know it made me love him even more. And he has learned a lot from Grissom. I love any show that has had them working together. I think they work so well off each other.

I understand, I was under the impression that you meant tonight by the way you used it.

Anyways, for everyone criticizing TPTB, I think it is unfair to ask for the old CSI back. I believe that if things aren't mixed up then the show would get very repetitive and the viewers would steadily decline. I mean honestly, without the Miniature Killer storyline of this season, would the episodes that didn't feature it make this out to be a great season? IMO no it would not. Without the Keppler storyline, as well as the Sara & Greg centric episodes of late, would this be a season to remember. Once again I say no. I don't think you can bash them for changing things up since earlier seasons, but that is just me.

I think what Greg was seeing was some of his own mom this Aaron’s. She said all she had left is Aaron. She was willing to give up everything for him the money etc. Just like Greg’s mom who was over protective of him, and would do anything for him. So, Greg asked for the kid to get a lighter sentence so; Aaron’s mom would still have him. I don’t think he did it out of pity. Just out of understanding.

The espresso comment was great. I love how David was being so...Hodges-y with his facial expressions and hand motions :p

An A-hole??...lol...that is an understatement...never like the guy...never will...I thought gris would've said a little more in that scene, to back Greg,but what do I know on the protocols in that situation...lol...

That is Grissom though, always keeping his cool when the pressure is on. That is why we all love him.

Back