"Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2007.

1. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Except, I totally thought the whole scene where he was about to get a message could've been left out.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

No gsrLOVE I loved it too.. excellent.. intense, from the beginning to the end.. great writing, great direction.. this Season is defnitely one of the best of all 7 years,EXTRODINARY with the exception of the 4 with what's-his-face, to me dragged down to a boring level, in saying that. after the original team was back HIP-HIP-HOORAY.. all the episodes have been magnificent!![​IMG] First Brass, and his always hurmorous, snarky remarks.. :D and he looke so good! he's so incredible!

Nick, so quick with his remarks to that guy, and he's so darling.. I love him! I always smile when he's on the screen, so sensitive, so caring ;) is his hair growing back?

Hodges, back to his annoying, negative self!

Sofia. she rocked, kept her cool when that "woman' threw the drink on her, and was really calm, on the interogating scenes! and the creepy off the wall commentss from that a--hole sheriff!

Doc, rocks.. so precise in his job ;)

Warrick.. always wonderful and kind.. not to much to say about Cath, she just wasn't that outstanding, in this one!

GREG excellent.. he's so grown from the quirky lab clown, to a really proficent CSI, & that nasty/mean under sheriff, I wanted to smack him :mad: and how well, Greg held his temper.. the accident, which wasn't his fault, and coming back to bite him in the butt :(, and him doing the right thing, after that confrontation with the mom.. good job Eric,, and those soulful brown eyes.. adorable.. he was great!

Grissom, and his friendly banter with Greg, he's always great.. of course! and he's so mellowed and more calm, cool, and sure of himself.. love will do that.. he has a personal life now, and is more contented, and relaxed, because he's happy ;).. not that it's changed his interest in the cases, he's just more serene.. he's amazing! always evolving and getting better and better!

Sara.. amazing, after her horrific experience in "EE' back to her old self, and independent of her "man" in this one standing up for Greg, and being the kind, loving, friend & compassionate sweet girl that she is.. what a powerful force she is to this show.. ;) and these are my OPINIONS!!

I have to give it another AAAAAAA

[​IMG]

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

That is the only reason I can think of as to why she was on the show, for just a short period. To relieve or take over the case greg was working on....LOL....and I don't have any rocks.....

4. edog

edog Lab Technician

lol, I have to totally agree with you there.

5. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

I found this a surprisingly enjoyable episode. My hopes weren't high, as I find the James family--and that whole storyline, really--excruciating. But when Greg stood up to Mrs. James? Huzzah! I was so proud of my dear, pointy-haired friend.

Loved, loved, loved Grissom and Greg at the end, too. They are both so utterly adorable, however, that I found myself melting into a pile of goo. But, I suppose that's a good way to end an evening.

Another solid episode in a fantastic season. CSI lost me for a few seasons, there, but this year? Has been amazing.

Oh, and Sofia totally has the hots for the Undersherriff. For reals, y'all. I bet she thinks he'd make her a little flower out of a napkin with his name inside.

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Being a Greg fan I really enjoyed this episode and IMO it was the best Greg-centric ep to
    date. The story could have been more intresting but it wasn't too bad.

The under-sherriff really pissed me off, I can understand him taking Greg off the case
    but threatening Greg with suspension and then making such a rasist comment that it would
    have been easier if Greg were black was uncalled for IMO.

Mrs James reactions were really normal for a woman who lost her son, throwing wine in Sofia's
    face was a realistic reaction but I loved the way Sofia put her in her place,m she's such
    a tough woman, and that's good to see.

I was really glad that Sara was there in the hall with Greg when Mrs James came after him
    it was nice to see that he had someone there to protect him and try and keep the peace.
    And Greg finally showed a bit of anger and stood up for himself, that was refreshing. I also
    think it was very big of Greg to ask that it go easy on Aaron, shows what a decent, caring man
    he is. Now I hope this whole thing is over and done with. HOwever I cannot completly shake
    off the fact that Arron may still have the murder weapon, this may come back in the finale
    and be of harm to Greg but I hope not.

I loved that NIck's hair is growing back! I also loved that we got a scene with NIck & Greg
    evene though Grissom was there, it made me smile. Nick wasn't going to take any crap from
    Drop and I think that - it shows me the continuing streghth of his character, that is continuty
    whether you choose to believ it or not. Nic has changed since GD and he is alot tougher now.

It was good to see a decent amount of Warrick as well.

One thing that was unnessessary IMO was the whole FannySmackin/Post Mortem flash back, but I guess it was for those who haven't been watching?

EDIT: Oh and Hodges in the field - Please God no! I absoutly dispise the idea of him Pulling a Sanders - as Catherine called it. He stays in the lab where he belongs. PLease!

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree on that. It really showed how his character has changed and what a good person he is.

8. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I really liked the Fannysmackin'/Post Mortem flashback. Since those episode ratings were low, I think it gave people a quick recap of what happened, and reminded us how intense it really is for Greg. I was happy they threw it in there.

9. SwamiCSIaholic

SwamiCSIaholic Rookie

I realsie that I have no real right to post here as I havn't watched the episode yet (grrrrr stupid living in the UK :lol:) But I just had to say that everyone's comments were kinda what I expected. What most ppl seam to be saying was that as it was a Greg centred one all the Greg bits were great and sweet so no complaints there (as a Greg fan myself I'm happy with this :))

This aside however the actually case itself was too rushed and not as great as everyone hoped it would be after seeing the promos. I'm not going to go on a big long rant about how CSI sucks, coz I don't think it does its still my favorite show on TV BUT I will say that for a while now all the episodes in this season haven't been as good as ppl have hoped, they've been fine but because CSI is usually so stella these episodes just arn't quite as good as we hope them to be. I don't know why this is but I feal that if it wern't for the Greg storyline and the Miniture Killer (Which I've loved, best serial sinse Millander :D)and the great double Cath centred episode to sart it off, the entrie series has been sort of mediocre.

But still CSI's mediocre is like other series best so, we can't really complain now can we :)

10. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

uncalled for? maybe. True? absolutely...

And why is Grissom so miserable all the time...he used to be so happy...there was one thing they should NOT have changed, it was Grissom's character. Apparently he isn't a scientist anymore... :rolleyes:

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^^^ Grissom? happy? did i miss something apart from the Pilot? lol. he rarely smiles (i can count it on my fingers), and yesterday he did twice, which is something that almost never happens. the first time in the beginning when Greg was collecting the bullets (damn that was the cutest smile ever) and later a tiny smile in the end of the scene with Sara in the garage. if i would rate his happiness, i'd say it's its primetime right now.

but maybe its just me ;)

i don't think he changed all that much, but he's certainly a bit different and i like it either way. my love for Grissom will never fade, lol.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

in Mea Culpa, when Brass gives Grissom the heads up on whats going down, Grissom states that he was never good at playing politics. I always watch the older eppys, and Grissom's character is very different, he was quirky and interesting,and now I just lost all respect for him. He was my all time favorite character, but since the last season, i can't like him anymore...

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I believe Greg did what he did for Aaron's mother, after the confrontation in the hallway I think he really felt for her, she lost one son aleready because he had to kill him and she did not want to loose another.
    I think it showed great character on Greg's part, to ask that it go easy on Aaron. It shows that Greg is a goodhearted decent, caring human being. This eposode made me love Greg even more and I didbn't think that was possible.

14. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya Greg is a baller, he stood up like Nick & Warrick usually do. Nick has always seemed like the little brother of the group, but last night he showed a different side of himself which made me respect him a lot more.

15. vexus

vexus Pathologist

I observe things very carefully and I noticed something today when I watched it again:

If you look at the scene where Warrick is talking to the woman about her daughter being murdered. If you look at his left hand when he hugging the woman, I noticed that he did not have his wedding ring on.

Is he still married?