"Big Shots" Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 1, 2007.

1. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

I actually dug the heck out of this episode, for reasons great and small...

- "...and this must be his brain on drugs..." :lol: Now THAT'S the Grissom I miss!

- Paul Guilfoyle + Method Man = great freaking interaction. The scenes between those two were classic.

- ...and the scene toward the end, "And I thought I was paying you too much..." Great stuff!

- So, the Ratties are on "field rotation" now, huh? Please tell me that means we'll see Archie, Wendy, Bobby et al in the field on future eps! Archie's been in the field with Nick as early as Season 3, and showed inclinations to "pull a Sanders"...so will his trip into the wild this time increase his appetite for life outside the lab, or will something happen to make him want to stay "indoors"? And Bobby...imagining him on a scene with lots and lots of ballistic evidence, especially some classic gun types for him to geek out over...

- This was definitely Greg's episode. He has officially gone from boy to man. His confrontation with Aaron's mother was, as my husband observed, something that "needed to happen". I've met people like her. They project a tough, intimidating facade to protect themselves, because they're afraid, especially of their own responsibility and shortcomings. Greg was fearless, assertive and honest, and at the same time compassionate and forgiving. From the end scene, I would imagine that compassion had an impact - at least some impact - on Aaron. Hopefully so. This would seem to be the coda to his involvement in Greg's trials and tribulations, although Drops' missing gun does hold the door partly open. In that case I'd love to see Aaron resurface as the "good guy" in resolving the matter...

- Sophia was badass. That said, the scene between her and the undersheriff...I dunno. She came off as the plucky ingenue, and he came off as borderline creepy...

- Ah yes, the undersheriff. He Who Should Be Slapped. Yes, the whole civil suit was a debacle, but it wasn't Greg's intention for the city to "throw him under the bus" and hope a couple mil would make the problem quietly go away. Out-of-court settlements can be dicey. They don't really quite do away with that pesky appearance of guilt, justified or not. Greg had obviously been hurt that the city didn't try to stand up and defend his actions, and the undersheriff's words - even if true, and lord knows in current times they very well probably were - what an insensitive...no. Outright and inexcusably CRUEL thing to say to a law enforcement officer who risked his life and suffered severe physical injury in the act of saving a civilian's life, and who only took Demetrius James' life inadvertently, and in the act of self-defense. Yeah, self-defense - the same concept that in part got Drops off the hook. His glib dishonesty and arrogance, contrasted with Greg's willingness to sacrifice what most would have considered a tasty morsel of poetic justice in the name of compassion...THAT was powerful.

- Ah, Hodges. Plus ca change... :lol:

One of my favorite eps of this season. Now, for next week and my beloved Ratties! Can't wait...

2. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I'll have to check that out, whether it is just a mistake or maybe he switched it to his other hand, idk. Prolly just a mistake I would believe.

3. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Now would be the time CSI needs an epi like Grave Danger to kick start it...season 5 was a great one and would still have been good without GD. But the storylines from this season seem tedious, half-assed and it seems like they are trying so hard to give ALL the actors at least 5 minutes on screen instead of developing a compelling storyline.

By now the actors are SO used to the science and the "formalities" of their characters that even they seem to be bored with themselves.

I did, however love the Brass moments, as well as the Method Man scenes. He was awesome...made me wanna slap him cuz I've dealt with guys like him and their heinous lawyers!

4. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

What's ca change?

5. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

"Plus ca change", French saying, at least partial. It means "The more things change" (as in "The more things change, the more they stay the same")...

6. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Ah, thanks :)

7. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I actually dozed off (was watching after a 13-hour day at work), so I'm gonna have to watch it again. I saw the end, and I'm still not sure who the real killer was.

8. kasey1964

kasey1964 Prime Suspect

Is the Undersheriff the same one who told Ecklie to have everyone prepare for a funeral in Grave Danger? If he is then I'm not too surprised to hear him make another idiot comment.

9. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Tee hee. I'd say they did that on purpose. Because if you go back and check Empty Eyes again (the scene where Warrick went to the girl's grandma), you'd find out his ring was already missing. :D JMO.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

korbjaeger, I really loved your review of the episode. You really covered everything I thought about it in so much better words. :lol:

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought Method Man's comment to Nick about 'bad hair cuts' was probably one of the few parts of the episode that were half decent.

Greg's scenes also made up for what would have been a really bad episode. One of the most boring ones I'd ever watched. If it weren't for the scenes with Greg and the mother and Greg asking that they go easy on the kid, it would have made for a really bad eppy.

CSI is really starting to tank and the future ones don't look promising either.

12. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Yeah, I did a "what the..." too when I saw Hodges out in the field. I don't believe that lab techs are supposed to do that in real life. It was probably just a writer's excuse to get Hodges out in daylight for a few lines of dialogue. Greg was certainly never given that kind of a break outside the lab when he was a lab tech, unless of course you count the time he was sent out by Grissom to check out the coin collector thief, and that was only because he was bugging Grissom (get it? :lol:) to get some experience out as a CSI wanna-be. Anyway, Hodges is being given more and more lines so whatever.

I enjoyed the episode too.

13. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

I think this was only the second time Hodges has been in the field.

14. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

You're right. The other time was "A Bullet Runs Through it"

I raised my eyebrows as well, but once he mentioned Ecklie I said to myself "'nuff said!" Side note: that doesn't happen in real life. There is a clear distinction between those who are field trained, and those who are lab personnel. In fact, I found myself cringing as Hodges started walking away from Griss and Greg and I was thinking "he's gonna ruin the scene! Trample evidence! Get him AWAY!" :D

15. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Yeah the only other time he's been out in the field was a "A Bullet Runs Through It" anyway

I liked the episode but end could have been better. It was great to see Greggo stand up for himself, but didn't completely lose it. :D

The undersherrif (can't ever remember his name :rolleyes:) is a**hole. All he cares about is keeping his job, not actually doing it. :mad:

Liked Greg's little speech to the mother. I also think he made the reccomendation to the DA more the mom then Aaron. The scene with Gil in the locker room was interesting. Thought Eric did a great job with the epi.

Also glad to see Sara helping him. ;) It makes sense as she is a lttle closer to him then the others are.

The women that got dragged by the seat belt was a little confusing at first.

You wouldn't believe how lucky I was to watch this episode. My house had been without power at 5:30 and my stepdad had to bring a generator from work and got it working just in time. About a half hour into the episode the power came back on.