On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

I believe that people see each other outside of work, but aren't there people in the world who meet the person they fall in love with at work?

As for Carmine changing the subject, I think he doesn't want to give away any details whether they get together or not.

Again, where you all see that they have no chemistry, there are a people who say that they do. I don't think Danny has been made a doormat. After the Love Run Cold episode until she left, the flirting stopped. Now, everyone says he is just being a friend by going to Montana, yet you still think they are going the relationship route?

Could you also say that the reason there's been less flirtation this series is the fact Anna was pregnant? They couldn't really show her full-body, and cut her role as a result. Hence the snakebite, the being unable to work a crime scene, etc.

Re: Danny being a doormat. I don't think anyone who's seen the firey, passionate Messer of series one and the man who told Lindsay to leave it after Stella was attacked in series two could say he hasn't changed significantly. That anger, that fury expressed by Lindsay belonged rightfully to Danny, had continuity been respected.

As for Danny going to Montana, I don't think anyone can make the call of whether it's friendship or love until that particular episode airs and we see it in context?

Everybody in the shipper thread seems to think they have chemistry
Well, uh, wouldn't that be kind of obvious? It's the shipper thread, that's what it's there for. I'm hardly going to go over there and post that I don't think they have chemistry, am I? People who don't like Danny/Flack stay out of our thread, and I return the favor. (That was just one example, of course, because it personally relates to my shipping preferences, not necessarily the preferences of the posters in this thread as a whole.)

The hope for a Danny/Angell relationship stems from Angell’s overall likeability something some viewers strongly feel Lindsay lacks. If there were a Danny/Angell relationship and it derailed Danny’s character, made him a spineless idiotic doormat then I’m sure there would be an outpouring to quash it and spare us any more pain.
Thank you, you worded it perfectly. :) I like the idea of Danny/Angell because there's possibility there, if the writers simply must put Danny in a romantic relationship. Emmanuelle seems to be a fantastic actress, and we know Carmine is very good, of course. Together the relationship could be believable, and considering that Angell has only been in 5 or 6 episodes this season (I believe), one would hardly expect it to be a big deal on the show itself. Yes, Danny and Lindsay have had few scenes this season, but once Anna is back from maternity leave full-time, one can only assume that she'll be having far more scenes with Danny than Angell would possibly have.

And I don't know about all of the D/L fans, but I'd rather not have the cases sidetracked by schmoopy, out-of-character dialogue over the dead bodies. The first time they have a lovers' spat, Danny will end up missing important evidence and Hawkes will have to save his ass or something. :rolleyes: Really, looking at the interaction between them thus far, and considering the route that these types of shows often take, I consider myself perfectly within my rights to think it would be a f**king stupid idea, even if other people disagree with me.

Yes it is obvious, but I was pointing out that you guys don't think they have chemistry and other people do.

And I don't think the cases will get sidetracked with their relationship. Why can't they have a professional relationship at work and still be together when not at work?

You are within your rights to think what you want, but so is everybody else.

Faylinn said...

I'd rather not have the cases sidetracked by schmoopy, out-of-character dialogue over the dead bodies...

Tell me it ain't so--I'd rather watch the rejects episode of American Idol a million times with a butterknife pierced through my big toe!!!

Can't take the drama too much for the triangles--I recall a CSI actor (can't remember who that person was) say that for some it's the cases, for others it's the characters' personal lives that makes them tune in to each episode--but they have to create a balance. That's so true, if the writers make a Lindsay/Danny/Angell triangle what do they expect to happen? It's not going to add "spice" it'll just create chaos--people will end up hating Danny for playing two women, others will be sympathetic to EITHER Lindsay OR Angell, it'll be like Jennifer vs Angelina cr*p...it's not a scene one wants to imagine and it'll derail the focus from the show...

If the writers pick Angell--fine or if they pair Danny up with Lindsay--okay...but pick ONE! No need for the melodramatic overtone of a love triangle with one lady giving evil/woeful looks to the pair the writers wish to establish in each episode...

In closing--WHY do they need to have a pairing, a triangle, a square or even a polygon anyway??? :confused:

dbl4eva said:
Yes it is obvious, but I was pointing out that you guys don't think they have chemistry and other people do.

And I don't think the cases will get sidetracked with their relationship. Why can't they have a professional relationship at work and still be together when not at work?

You are within your rights to think what you want, but so is everybody else.

Because the line between "professional relationship" and "outside work relationship" is practically non-existant with Danny and Lindsay as written by the CSI writers lately. If you'd like a comparison - Grissom/Sara. We know they're a couple. They behave like a couple, in the way they look and the subtle changes in the way they talk to each other. They do not flirt on the job, they do not make a big thing about their relationship at work and to all intents and purposes, it was only hinted at until we saw them outside of work. There were a few incidents which gave away their feelings, but none of the overt flirting/wangst we're seeing with Danny & Lindsay. Peyton and Mac are a less clear example - they're a couple, we've seen them as a couple outside of work. Mac, like Grissom, is not happy with that boundary being stepped over at work. The problem being, he hadn't explained that to Peyton. We're now seeing them work through that, and Mac's issues with his wife. Their relationship is defined through looks and smiles, with the occasional gesture. It's the softness, the hints, the not-having-it-shoved-down-your-throats that so many people really get a kick out of.

I apologise if it seems I'm dissing other people's views of the "chemistry". But this is a discussion thread, and I'm discussing why I don't see it. Feel free to counter-discuss, rather than just telling me I'm not seeing it? I know fine well there's people who disagree with me.

I think it's because I can't see the wood for the trees. There's nothing there for me to work out myself. Danny and Flack are a wonderful example of this. The writers have given us nothing -nothing romantic between these two. And yet, the chemistry - the way they spark, tease and work with each other has triggered a ship that pretty much engulfs most of the others from CSI:NY.

First of all I didn't mean to say "see", I meant to say "say". I was not trying to tell you what you see.

As for the Grissom/Sara and Mac/Peyton relationship, the males in their relationship seem to like to keep to themselves. It's like they don't want people to know they are a couple.

I don't think they were shoving the Danny/Lindsey relationship in our face. The only time I think that happened was Love Run Cold. In Not What it Looks Like, I thought he was just concerned for her safety. In The Lying Game she didn't even say bye, so no shoving it in our face there either.

Last season, it was just Danny flirting like he did in season 1.

I don't get why you guys think they are shoving it in our face.

Stella is not her boss, Mac is. And he knew about her past, so must have had a good idea that the court case was upcoming, because he would have to approve leave. She also spoke to Hawkes before she left, why not Danny? She has his mobile number, because she works with him. Instead, we get multiple scenes where her and Danny just-miss each other, stare at each other, but never actually say anything.

If the writers were not trying to emphasise the Danny/Lindsay relationship, she would have just left, right after the Mac/Stella scene.

In Silent Night, Stella said she was her boss. I think Hawkes just happened to be there, when she went to leave the card for Danny.

I agree they would not have tried to emphasis it, but if they want Danny/Lindsey why the Angell moment? I don't think it will have anything to do with Lindsey.

She's her superior, but I think Stella was making a point in that scene. Lindsay was acting like a child.

The Angell moment, I think, could well be a reaction to some fan's dislike of Danny/Lindsay. Or more likely, they're trying to compound the whole thing with more "drama" by introducing "another woman".

They're going for the threesome cliche, as some posters in this thread fear. Introducing Angell means that the Lindsay/Danny relationship is "tested", and a) true love will win out (love wins the day = ratings winner for the romantics) or b) Lindsay will realise Danny is in fact a two-timing wotsit and hate him, with lots of wangst and misery and drama. (Big trauma + angst = ratings winner for the drama lovers)

Or, they could do the CSI:NY writer special and pretend that everything that previously happened never actually happened and we were all kidding ourselves.

I agree with the CSI:NY special theory.

I don't think that Angell should be used to test Danny/Lindsey though. They could have gotten someone like the subway girl for that. But, it probably is to get more ratings.

Back