On Love Triangles (chock full of *MAJOR SPOILERS*)

OMG, I now have a headache after reading all of these posts.

Can't they just leave Lindsay in Montana, keep Danny in NY and pretend like she ever existed? It's amazing how we can all give reason after reason why Lindsay's just not working out, how there's no chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, and so on but we still get asked why we don't like her. Umm, read all the posts, we've said it over and over.

I've been up way too long and my head is killing me for anything more in depth.

Silencer, I don't know if it was in this thread or another one, but you're right about Danny and Flack. There's chemistry, there's staring, there's lots of things between these two. I just wish TPTB would have the balls to just put them together. You want a love triangle, there's love triangle. Could Lindsay seriously compete with Flack? I don't even think she could compete with Angell.

^ *Shares some aspirin*

We all have our reasons to like or dislike Lindsay just like we all have our reasons to like or dislike D/L and how it's being written.

I, as a D/L shipper, still love the idea of two of the main characters having a possible relationship. Although I do agree with those who've said that it could've been handled more subtle. And I would really appreciate it if we find out a little more about Lindsay besides the 'surviving a massacre'. What made her become a CSI? Where's her family, where/who are her friends and what do they think of her being in New York? How does she feel about being in NY? So many questions; and if D/L was put on a hold to answer some of these I would be really happy.

Now back to the triangle discussion. :) I've watched and re-watched last week's ep and I didn't see any change in the interaction between Danny/Angell (maybe the shippers can point out some things?). So if this intense scene in next week's ep is still in, it will probably be surprising them as much as the unspoilered people watching the show. And the fact that it does take them by surprise is the reason they're not acting on it in the following ep's. That leaves the writers with all kinds of possibilities open to explore (if things don't turn out the way they want them to). They could let Angell come after Danny, they could have Danny in doubt over his feelings for Lindsay or they could just leave it and continue with D/L.

Needless to say I like the last option the best, but if I have to choose between no relationship at all or a love triangle I prefer the former.

^^After a good night's sleep, I feel much better and less bitchier today..so far.

I really wish they wouldn't stick Danny and Lindsay back to working together the minute she gets back. How will they ever develop Lindsay if she's always with Danny? She definately needs plenty of character development.
What made her become a CSI? Where's her family, where/who are her friends and what do they think of her being in New York? How does she feel about being in NY? So many questions; and if D/L was put on a hold to answer some of these I would be really happy.
Also, what happened to that uncle in NY that she stayed with when she first got there? DL should be put on hold and Lindsay shouldn't be Danny's shadow. It's too early in the show itself (it's only season 3) to be pairing up main cast members. It took GSR 7 seasons. I have to mention what's been said before...was Lindsay only brought in to be a love interest for Danny? Do they not ever plan to develop her further besides her deep, dark secret, which was a little anti-climatic.

Back to the triangle discussion for me too. The moment that is shared between Danny and Angell in episode 16 is so sudden and unexpected (granted they leave it in there..you never know) that I wasn't surprised there was no change in the interactions between them in episode 15. It would lose it's shock value if we saw something leading up to it.

I like the idea of all the possibilities that could come out of it. Danny questioning his feelings for Lindsay and being torn between Lindsay and Angell could be interesting if it doesn't take over the show. Who knows what TPTB are thinking. From what I've seen from my sources, it looks like they are back to working together like they always have been. Of course, there could be things said/done that's not in the spoilers. Maybe Lindsay still wants to keep it a working relationship only. Could she really be totally over her past so soon? Maybe she is ready to move on and now Danny is having doubts because of the scene with Angell.

Of course everybody knows what I want. I want them to just drop the DL stuff, whether or not they hook Danny up with anybody. What I'd like to see would be a shocking twist in the finale that would leave all of us (those of us against DL and those for DL) scratching our heads and wonder WTF.

^ That's what's confusing all of us too. Nothing indicates that they will follow up on that scene in any of the ep's after next week's. But there has to be a reason why it's in there, if it's still in there; those spoilers are from a while ago so perhaps they've changed it.

We're now all just speculating. :)

^^Also, it could be like that moment between Cath and Warrick in Down the Drain. It had potential but nothing came of it.

Angell's not in ep 18 and I can't remember if she's in 17 or not.

Faylinn said:Except that we all have different thought processes and can't read minds. Although that would be handy.
Exactly! In the non-locker room thread there’s great discussion going on about possibilities of Danny's back story. It's great because it's based on what we've seen and heard from Danny; what he's said about mommy Messer, his interactions with Mac coupled with lack of info. about dad Messer, and the Louie/Tanglewood thing. The writers and actors have given us enough so we can make plausible speculations on where the story and character may go. The whole D/L/A nightmare is speculation without any basis. We don’t know anything about Lindsay except she suffered trauma that’s haunted her for 10 years. But, that trauma only shows up when the writers find it convenient; and the actor is, at best, sporadically convincing. Danny now inexplicably acts like Lindsay's lap kinkapoodle, and it appears Angell will be thrown in the mix. No speculation could result in a plausible resolution based on what we’ve seen and heard.

1CSIMfan said: there's no chemistry between Danny and Lindsay
I think they did have chemistry, just not a "wow, those two are really into each other. This could develop into one hot romance." kind. They had friendly chemistry before all the forced romance. I thought they had a "there's this person at work who is nice and attractive, so I’ll joke and maybe flirt a little with them, but it's not going any further." kind of vibe in the beginning. Some of the scenes where they'd give each other crap reminded me of a brother-sister relationship. Sorry, but in case what Carmine said to E! about D/L "in the sack...making love" proves true I didn't want to be alone with that picture in my head. :p

dutch_treat said:I didn't see any change in the interaction between Danny/Angell. . . So if this intense scene in next week's ep is still in, it will probably be surprising them as much as the unspoilered people watching the show.
That makes sense, except I think D/A already had scenes together where there was sexual chemistry. They weren't even in the same room together - she was downstairs with the body and he and Hawkes were upstairs leaning over the railing - and they gave off more heat than if the scene had been Lindsay giving Danny a lap dance. When D/A worked on a couple of cases together I saw real potential in looks, smirks, etc. Both characters are smart. I’d think they'd be at least somewhat aware that there's an attraction that could be acted upon. Being smart doesn't mean having a clue about attraction, I know. But I’d think the writers and actors would be able to come up with something plausible for an adult pairing. They seem to have no problem with Mac and Peyton, so why does D/L/A get written as teenagers?

I know I’m not saying anything new here; I’m just in a mood to beat the dead horse.
Faylinn said:Heh, I think I want to marry you and have your babies, PerfectAnomaly
This is all so sudden. We just met and all. I'd be up for marriage, but I'm the one having the babies. And, of course, Carmine, in character as Danny, would donate his ... uh ... "services.” :D

^A hearty amen to that, PerfectAnomaly! Danny and Angell, in the few scenes they've had together, have more heat than Lindsay could ever hope to bring to the table. She's a wet blanket character to begin with, and she and Danny just don't share any actual sexual chemistry. The flirting at one time may have been cute; now it's just stupid. Adults act on their feelings or move on, but as we've seen before, Lindsay is no adult. She's like a 35-year-old preteen. :rolleyes:

1CSIMfan said:
OMG, I now have a headache after reading all of these posts.

Can't they just leave Lindsay in Montana, keep Danny in NY and pretend like she ever existed? It's amazing how we can all give reason after reason why Lindsay's just not working out, how there's no chemistry between Danny and Lindsay, and so on but we still get asked why we don't like her. Umm, read all the posts, we've said it over and over.

I know. I wish we'd see some response to the fact that so many people dislike this character.

Silencer, I don't know if it was in this thread or another one, but you're right about Danny and Flack. There's chemistry, there's staring, there's lots of things between these two. I just wish TPTB would have the balls to just put them together. You want a love triangle, there's love triangle. Could Lindsay seriously compete with Flack? I don't even think she could compete with Angell.

Flack would crush her. :lol: I'm already convinced he dislikes her--he either ignores her or snarks her at crime scenes. She wants his Kinkapoodle, and Flack is having none of that. :lol:

She couldn't compete with Angell. Angell is a much better choice for Danny--at least if they're not going to give Danny to the one who really, really wants him--Flack. ;) :devil:

I’d think the writers and actors would be able to come up with something plausible for an adult pairing. They seem to have no problem with Mac and Peyton, so why does D/L/A get written as teenagers?
My thing about the Mac/Peyton relationship is this--the writers have made a point of showing us that Mac isn't comfortable working with the woman that he's in a relationship with. Even though he knows they are mature adults who can handle it, and that neither one of them would let it interfere with their jobs, he still has doubts.

Which brings me to D/L. Maybe it's just me, but I think Danny would be about as successful keeping a relationship secret as he would be at hiding food from Flack--not gonna happen. And Danny is such an emotional person that, at some point, it would interfere with the job for him. Not sure about Lindsay, since I don't know which personality they'll be going with after the dark-sekrit is revealed.

So if Danny and Lindsay got together, would the writers have them keep it secret? That wouldn't last long, unless they suddenly write everyone as totally dense. (Hell, Hammerback barely spends time with these people and he saw something between them that I missed. :rolleyes:) Or would they have them be open with it? Honestly, I can't see Mac, being Mac, not having a problem with two people who work directly under him having a relationship outside of work. Especially if half of that relationship happens to be Danny. So, what, there's tension? Disapproval? Mac is a totally different character and just nods at them like it's no big deal?...

Meh, the whole thing has me uneasy. Mac/Peyton is enough, damnit.

This is all so sudden. We just met and all. I'd be up for marriage, but I'm the one having the babies. And, of course, Carmine, in character as Danny, would donate his ... uh ... "services.”
*sigh* Alright, alright, I'll let you have Danny's babies...but can I watch? :devil:

I wish we'd see some response to the fact that so many people dislike this character.
But I was under the impression that everyone loved Lindsay, and especially Danny/Lindsay. Any other opinions simply don't exist! :eek: ...So, does that mean we're, like, non-existant now? Do we all just pack up and load onto a VW bus? I wonder where we're going. They never have travel brochures for imaginary places. *pout* I'm bring PB&J sandwiches.

Er, yeah, and I'm done now. Back to your regularly-scheduled discussion.

Fay - you're right. I can't see Lindsay ever being able to do her job again if they make D/L a full thing. Danny will be all like "you're staying here, in the lab, where you're not going to get blow up, traumatised, threatened with shotguns..."

Bring back Maka, that's all I'm saying.

Seriously though... what IS it with Danny and detectives? He sparkles with Flack, sizzles with Maka and now he's in there with Angell?

I can just se Mac forcing him to wear shades all of the time, so that Danny stops with the sex-eyes. Just to stop him getting it on with the ENTIRE department...

Danny discovers his balls are, indeed, missing when Angell hits on him at a crime scene. The forensic evidence he uncovers while searching for his balls take him to Montana. He confronts Lindsay, who fabricated her “deep dark secret” so she could hop a plane with said balls - now in a jar of formaldehyde - and bury them on her parents' horse farm. Of course, Danny won't be able to confront Lindsay because - duh - she has his balls in a jar of formaldehyde. His only response will be to take whatever maltreatment she decides to dole out. He also agrees whole heartedly when Lindsay says Angell must be killed for hitting on him. What d'ya think?" And everyone raised their glass of Guinness and shouted in unison, "Brilliant!!"
A good one!!!!!!!!!thinking about writing a fic?

As of D/L i can't see Mac having a problem with that given his relationship with a co-worker, on the other hand you never know.
As of never dating a co-worker...Grissom said that once too...
And what Angell/Danny scene? when? 316 or 317?

Right, so in here that would be next year... :((season 2 in progress for probably the 3rd time or so, not that I'm complaining)how great it is to have friends who have family in USA who record it and send parcels with presents to Poland... :D :devil:

My thing about the Mac/Peyton relationship is this--the writers have made a point of showing us that Mac isn't comfortable working with the woman that he's in a relationship with. Even though he knows they are mature adults who can handle it, and that neither one of them would let it interfere with their jobs, he still has doubts
I agree. There's definitely conflict and drama, but it's written and acted the way intelligent, feeling adults could respond to that situation. You felt Mac and Peyton's emotions when he pushed her hand away as Stella approached. You felt the emotion in the scene where Mac apologized for that and for calling Peyton "Claire," and it was believable when they admitted they were in unchartered waters and things may not work out; but they committed to work at the relationship. The relationship has been portrayed on all levels as believable.
Which brings me to D/L. Maybe it's just me, but I think Danny would be about as successful keeping a relationship secret as he would be at hiding food from Flack--not gonna happen. And Danny is such an emotional person that, at some point, it would interfere with the job for him.
Agreed, again. But, if it's written in a way that is true to Danny's character (pre lap kinkapoodle Danny) and executed by Carmine; it could be an interesting storyline.
Not sure about Lindsay, since I don't know which personality they'll be going with after the dark-sekrit is revealed. So if Danny and Lindsay got together, would the writers have them keep it secret? That wouldn't last long, unless they suddenly write everyone as totally dense. (Hell, Hammerback barely spends time with these people and he saw something between them that I missed. ) Or would they have them be open with it? Honestly, I can't see Mac, being Mac, not having a problem with two people who work directly under him having a relationship outside of work. Especially if half of that relationship happens to be Danny. So, what, there's tension? Disapproval? Mac is a totally different character and just nods at them like it's no big deal?...
What you're saying is a perfect example of the writers’ mistreatment of this storyline. All speculation requires either a tremendous leap by or an amnesia pandemic among viewers for any of it to make sense.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is all so sudden. We just met and all. I'd be up for marriage, but I'm the one having the babies. And, of course, Carmine, in character as Danny, would donate his ... uh ... "services.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*sigh* Alright, alright, I'll let you have Danny's babies...but can I watch?
You can watch if you also hold the camcorder. :D I have a better solution. You said "babies" plural. I'm 37 so my biological clock is ticking louder. I'll have the first one and then you can be the Danny babymomma.

Edit: It's Sunday, and apparently my brain is having a day of rest. You said you wanted to have my babies. I'm good with that. Danny can watch and hold the camcorder. I have no idea how I lept to both of us being Danny's babymommas. :confused: Oh wait, I'm obsessed with the sexiness that is Danny - that's how. :)
But I was under the impression that everyone loved Lindsay, and especially Danny/Lindsay. Any other opinions simply don't exist! ...So, does that mean we're, like, non-existant now? Do we all just pack up and load onto a VW bus? I wonder where we're going. They never have travel brochures for imaginary places. *pout* I'm bring PB&J sandwiches.
I'll bring the chips and beverages. Just tell me when and where.

But I was under the impression that everyone loved Lindsay, and especially Danny/Lindsay. Any other opinions simply don't exist! ...So, does that mean we're, like, non-existant now? Do we all just pack up and load onto a VW bus? I wonder where we're going. They never have travel brochures for imaginary places. *pout* I'm bring PB&J sandwiches.

We're going on a trip? Jawesome! Cucumber sandwiches for me, I'm British.

Back