Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really understand why some think that the team automatically will be resentful of a new supervisor coming in.

Based on experience the vast majority of co-workers are genuinely friendly and welcoming to a new associate. It generally takes getting to know somebody before disliking them.

The idea that an entire team would gang up and be hostile as a group is a little over the top and rather unrealistic.
Also, it would be a little immature for the team to blame the new boss for something that they, to varying degrees, are responsible for.

This is just my take on the "contract signing" if any of the CSI's WEREN'T coming back I feel it would have been big news as it was when on June 8th or so Laurence, "didn't renew his contract", for whatever reason:rolleyes: So no news as the saying goes, could be "good news". And I am a fan of the character Langston, and never felt he hogged the screen nor did anything except be an integral part of the team. He did and followed what TPTB directed him and this character to do, and one hellva' of job in my opinion. And it could be pretty simple as my daughter said "he got a better offer" Rumor has it he was offered $1 mill. to do a new flick in a month, so this was before he said "I'm not going anywhere, I'm having a great time and I love it". Everything is subject to change. And what GNRF said makes sense on them filming a scene about the ending before they wrapped up in May:confused: BTW he's in Detroit, now filming this new movie:thumbsup:

LF new film news~

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

At least Carol Mendelsohn didn't say "he was at the top of our dream list, with an incredible acting range" about Danson as she did with LF. And he was her baby, so I highly doubt that CBS said NO way Jose, cause' he sure did get a movie role pronto. $$$$ talks doesn't it? And as I repeat myself, this character Langston just played the role the writers gave him, to perfection, and Grissom offered him this job, & they wanted him to be exactly the way he was. Part mysterous, and intriguing and part a gentle soul, & team player, till creep-show Haskell brought out his dark side. I just hope the show is still exciting as well written as it's always been:thumbsup:And on CSI/NY I preferred Melina~

For the record regardless of who like who and who doesn't, all the characters on CSI do what the writers and the script says, not just LF. And just because fans on this board don't or didn't like him, it doesn't speak for the whole CSI fan base. As the creator Anthony Zuiker stated worldwide over 78.6 million fans watch CSI and their all not on here. I read some comments on Facebook as stated prior and am repeating this for people who come up wth the same old same old, and don't seem to accept that he was popular" One couple said "they were heartbroken that he left" and one guy said "He was the best character on CSI...ever" and on and on, those are just a couple of fans . His forum are devastated by his departure. I think a lack of respect not only for a fan but the character is rude, and futile. Just going on and on is beating a real dead horse, he's gone, and for whatever reason, not for lack of popularity, shall I post what the ex. producers said about him and why he left? People choose to believe what ever they want, so it is a losing battle to try and convince someone who staunchly has other beliefs. Who's next poor TD :(

Then Speedy why do some of you keep repeating the same thing again and again HMMM? For if you didn't then I wouldn't, pretty simple:rolleyes: and some who are so ready to start some confrontation, calm down and post something positive for a change, makes you feel so much better. I don't come on this board to have friction, and chaos so.. & I loved the character the way them presented him, perfect in every way, go figure. Lets stick to the topic of what we'd like to see in S/12, with the new guy, and how he'll interact with the old team. Will he bond with them all like his predecessors did or not?

A great team like Grissom "built":lol: He was at odds with all of them at one time or another. Constant friction with the whole team. Even Brass & him got into it. Plus always demeaning comments towards Hodges. Ray was never at odds with any of them. He didn't destroy what Grissom built up, but saw them how they really were, which Grissom always nit-picked at them for one thing or another. He meshed and bonded with all of them from the minute he arrived. Nick and him became best buds. "Your not required to wear a tie" And "Blood Moon" so tight, and working so in tune and in Dr. Who" he went over to his house and goes "we're a team", and in "Cello And Goodbye" finding him Ray:: "How'd ya' find me"? Nick:: "I'm part houndog" and at the "merry-go-round, Ray "Ya got my back"? Nick:: "always" they were as tight as two peas in a pod. best buds. Doc, gave him a cane, and a hug. Cath was the best supervisor ever while he was on, and he greatly respected her and her him. Sara "Don't let him get into your head" Greg "I found someone else who talks to himself. Brass "lets go for a drink" and even poor neglected Hodges, he went on a one to one to a dinosaur exhibit. Did Grissom? He did play a board game all the while insulting and dogging him, the whole time. Dr. Langston I think, brought the team to a higher level of class, style and elegance. And I'm not going to apologize for liking the main character from S/9 through S/11, but am proud that I saw the greatness in him:bolian:

WARNING for spamming (posting repeated and non-relevant content multiple times within a short time frame).

This warning is being issued as a follow up to Bonz's post on May 18:

UH, excuse me, there are fans who like and enjoy Ray, so maybe tone the bashing him down for them.

Good for you, sport, but it's perfectly OK to say on this BBS that one doesn't like a character. If you don't like it, I'll be perfectly happy to remove you. I'm sick of the damned complaints I keep getting on your obsession with a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. :mad: Shut up about him already if you can't take any opinions other than slavish devotion.

And don't bother PMing me. I'll delete it unread.

I would also advise others against replying to baiting comments or engaging in arguments or insults here.

I know we would all like our favorites to lead, and we keep harping on the fact that CBS doesn't appear to have faith in the original cast, but has any TV show 'promoted' its secondary characters to the lead? Honestly, I can't think of a single show that's done that. But, I could be wrong.

Calleigh/Emily was promoted to lead female when Kim Delaney left Miami.

I know I should really edit my last post, but double-quoting is beyond me :lol:

Michael Weatherly was promoted to second-lead on 'NCIS' after Sasha Alexander left in the season 2 finale.

Allison Janney on 'The West Wing' was promoted from Supporting Actress to Lead Actress after Moira Kelly at the end of Season 1.

It isn't a very common occurrance though

I know we would all like our favorites to lead, and we keep harping on the fact that CBS doesn't appear to have faith in the original cast, but has any TV show 'promoted' its secondary characters to the lead? Honestly, I can't think of a single show that's done that. But, I could be wrong.

Calleigh/Emily was promoted to lead female when Kim Delaney left Miami.

I know I should really edit my last post, but double-quoting is beyond me :lol:

Michael Weatherly was promoted to second-lead on 'NCIS' after Sasha Alexander left in the season 2 finale.

Allison Janney on 'The West Wing' was promoted from Supporting Actress to Lead Actress after Moira Kelly at the end of Season 1.

It isn't a very common occurrance though
Okay, I stand corrected, multiple times :). But, it doesn't happen often. And, I think I just never paid that much attention to the credits and the 'lead' status in those shows mentioned.
I would have loved to have seen Jorja and George and Eric as the Mod Squad lead trio; but since that isn't going to happen, I'm just hoping that they all get a deal they can live with so they can all return. Times are a little tougher right now for CSI.

What ever happened to the 'informative article' that Shane mentioned. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
RE: the video, nicely done!:thumbsup:

While watching it, it occurred to me that it's going to be difficult to keep Ted Danson's character from standing out, just from a physical standpoint. At 6'2", he's two inches taller than LF, and alot leaner, which makes him look even taller. That shock of white hair is really going to stand out in CSI's dark lighting. And if his character is going to be lighter-than-Langston, that might mean he's going to be smiling alot. Fortunately Ted Danson has a really nice smile.

Boy, if i didn't know any better I'd think it was real so Great Job!

Wow, I'm impressed! Great job, MaxPointy!

I certainly hope they changed the opening credits a little. They've used the same 'scenes' with George, Greg, and I think others for a few seasons now. It should be updated every season, but that's just me. :D

Yeah I imagine they'll update those this season

I also hope that at the end of the credits they have a scene of the team all together like from season 6-8 and half of season 9

Great job on the video. It's almost like the real thing.

I've been thinking about Ted joining the cast.

I read here something from TV Guide (I think) that Ted should be a good addition. Someone to play off Marg.

I have to say I agree. Since Grissom left, Marg has had no one to really play off. And you have to admit, Billy Petersen and Marg had a working relationship and therefore their characters had a great working relationship because they played well off each other.

Bringing Ted in could rekindle that sort of thing, something that was missing for the past few seasons. Not to say that LF wasn't a good character, he was. I really enjoyed his bumbling newbie mode. It was just the past season and a half changed and that to me turned most people off of her character. Plus he and Catherine didn't have that same 'give and take' that Catherine and Gil had.

So I for one am curious now as to how Ted will be introduced and how his relationship with Catherine the current supervisor will play out over the season.

ROLL ON Season 12! ;)

Does anyone know if they will be filming in the las Vegas area? I know they sometimes tend to do that in the beginning of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back