Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading some of the above posts. I agree, I like the way Jo/Sela was written in. I just hope we don't get another Stella/Melinda episode where she was there one minute and gone the next with little explanation, with Laurence.

Reading some of the above posts. I agree, I like the way Jo/Sela was written in. I just hope we don't get another Stella/Melinda episode where she was there one minute and gone the next with little explanation, with Laurence.

I don't see how that would be possible. The CSI finale centered around Langston so they can't just write him out with a side note. When Melina left there was no loose end to tie up story line wise and Melina refused the request to appear in any S7 episodes to give her character a farewell, so I don't blame NY's PTB one bit for the way she was written out. Now LF isn't appearing in any S12 episodes that we know of so it will be hard to write him out, but they have to do it moreso than NY did just because of the focus he was given at the end of S11.

I think what some people tend to forget is that a new character is bound to get more attention in the beginning. Ted Danson's character has to "play catch up" in a sense because we will know nothing about him when the rest of the cast has been on the show for 11 seasons. Plus, he is the new male lead so that figures in to a good portion of screen time regardless of how long the character has been around.

I agree with this and that's what I think is annoying... it doesn't even matter to me if the new guy will be good or not. What bugs me is that he comes in and we have to get used to the fact that a complete stranger will be the new face of the show.

This is a fact and even though I really don't know how the new season will be I can say that I really hate that this new guy takes over after all the original cast has given to the show.

This doesn't even have to do with whining about screentime or something like that, I just can't get used to this change, I'm afraid :(

For the record regardless of who like who and who doesn't, all the characters on CSI do what the writers and the script says, not just LF. And just because fans on this board don't or didn't like him, it doesn't speak for the whole CSI fan base. As the creator Anthony Zuiker stated worldwide over 78.6 million fans watch CSI and their all not on here. I read some comments on Facebook as stated prior and am repeating this for people who come up wth the same old same old, and don't seem to accept that he was popular" One couple said "they were heartbroken that he left" and one guy said "He was the best character on CSI...ever" and on and on, those are just a couple of fans . His forum are devastated by his departure. I think a lack of respect not only for a fan but the character is rude, and futile. Just going on and on is beating a real dead horse, he's gone, and for whatever reason, not for lack of popularity, shall I post what the ex. producers said about him and why he left? People choose to believe what ever they want, so it is a losing battle to try and convince someone who staunchly has other beliefs. Who's next poor TD :(

For the record regardless of who like who and who doesn't, all the characters on CSI do what the writers and the script says, not just LF. And just because fans on this board don't or didn't like him, it doesn't speak for the whole CSI fan base. As the creator Anthony Zuiker stated worldwide over 78.6 million fans watch CSI and their all not on here. I read some comments on Facebook as stated prior and am repeating this for people who come up wth the same old same old, and don't seem to accept that he was popular" One couple said "they were heartbroken that he left" and one guy said "He was the best character on CSI...ever" and on and on, those are just a couple of fans . His forum are devastated by his departure. I think a lack of respect not only for a fan but the character is rude, and futile. Just going on and on is beating a real dead horse, he's gone, and for whatever reason, not for lack of popularity, shall I post what the ex. producers said about him and why he left? People choose to believe what ever they want, so it is a losing battle to try and convince someone who staunchly has other beliefs. Who's next poor TD :(

No you don't have to let us know, we know all this, you've posted it again and again and read it before you said it again and again.

Yes some fans like him, most didn't. We know that. Again, it was the way tptb handled the character, NOT the actor himself.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I liked Langston, I just didn't like how he was written, that he knew everything, our characters were suddenly dumb, etc. etc.

Then Speedy why do some of you keep repeating the same thing again and again HMMM? For if you didn't then I wouldn't, pretty simple:rolleyes: and some who are so ready to start some confrontation, calm down and post something positive for a change, makes you feel so much better. I don't come on this board to have friction, and chaos so.. & I loved the character the way them presented him, perfect in every way, go figure. Lets stick to the topic of what we'd like to see in S/12, with the new guy, and how he'll interact with the old team. Will he bond with them all like his predecessors did or not?

Then Speedy why do some of you keep repeating the same thing again and again HMMM? For if you didn't then I wouldn't, pretty simple:rolleyes: and some who are so ready to start some confrontation, calm down and post something positive for a change, makes you feel so much better. I don't come on this board to have friction, and chaos so.. & I loved the character the way them presented him, perfect in every way, go figure. Lets stick to the topic of what we'd like to see in S/12, with the new guy, and how he'll interact with the old team. Will he bond with them all like his predecessors did or not?

I don't repeat things like you and do NOT do a constant love fest with Nick like you do with Langston on nearly every thread on here.

I do post positive things on here, as well as others, but when tptb keep messing up the show we love, then the negative will come out.

There is no faith in the original cast and that is what has me boiling, as well as, others.

They are the reason we watched this show, not Fishburne and not Danson.

Personally, I don't think Danson's character should bond with the characters, there should be friction at the beginning. He's an outsider and should be treated that way.

Obviously, Catherine is going to be demoted :rolleyes: and probably Nick too and this new guy is going to come in and take over. :rolleyes:

So Langston comes along and basically 'destroys' (for lack of a better word) everyone's career, tears down the team that Grissom built, and then a new guys comes along I'm sure to investigate them.

So no I don't think they should bond with him. I think they should be leary and untrusting. Even if it's only at the beginning.

A great team like Grissom "built":lol: He was at odds with all of them at one time or another. Constant friction with the whole team. Even Brass & him got into it. Plus always demeaning comments towards Hodges. Ray was never at odds with any of them. He didn't destroy what Grissom built up, but saw them how they really were, which Grissom always nit-picked at them for one thing or another. He meshed and bonded with all of them from the minute he arrived. Nick and him became best buds. "Your not required to wear a tie" And "Blood Moon" so tight, and working so in tune and in Dr. Who" he went over to his house and goes "we're a team", and in "Cello And Goodbye" finding him Ray:: "How'd ya' find me"? Nick:: "I'm part houndog" and at the "merry-go-round, Ray "Ya got my back"? Nick:: "always" they were as tight as two peas in a pod. best buds. Doc, gave him a cane, and a hug. Cath was the best supervisor ever while he was on, and he greatly respected her and her him. Sara "Don't let him get into your head" Greg "I found someone else who talks to himself. Brass "lets go for a drink" and even poor neglected Hodges, he went on a one to one to a dinosaur exhibit. Did Grissom? He did play a board game all the while insulting and dogging him, the whole time. Dr. Langston I think, brought the team to a higher level of class, style and elegance. And I'm not going to apologize for liking the main character from S/9 through S/11, but am proud that I saw the greatness in him:bolian:

Last edited:
A great team like Grissom "built":lol: He was at odds with all of them at one time or another. Constant friction with the whole team. Even Brass & him got into it. Plus always demeaning comments towards Hodges. Ray was never at odds with any of them. He didn't destroy what Grissom built up, but saw them how they really were, which Grissom always nit-picked at them for one thing or another. He meshed and bonded with all of them from the minute he arrived. Nick and him became best buds. "Your not required to wear a tie" Doc, gave him a cane, and a hug. Cath was the best supervisor ever while he was on, and he greatly respected her and her him. Sara "Don't let him get into your head" Greg "I found someone else who talks to himself. Brass "lets go for a drink" and even poor neglected Hodges, he went on a one to one to a dinosaur exhibit. Did Grissom? He did play a board game all the while insulting and dogging him, the whole time. Dr. Langston I think, brought the team to a higher level of class, style and elegance. And I'm not going to apologize for liking the main character from S/9 through S/11, but am proud that I saw the greatness in him:bolian:

I'm not going to argue with you anymore about this. You used to do nothing, but praise Grissom and now you can't stand him. He left, get over it. :rolleyes:

The team is the way they are because of Grissom and how well he worked with everyone and how he taught them. And for crying out loud, Langston was NOT best buds with Nick. :rolleyes:

And this new guy is going to come in and think he's going to work cohesively with Grissom's team? ummm, nope. I don't think they should.

Langston did nothing, but destroy the team and everything they built together within them and with Grissom. Langston was selfish and thought of nearly nothing but getting Haskell. He gave Haskell exactly what he wanted. He lost, Haskell won and that's the fact. Oh and the team lost too, because of Langston.

And now we'll see the fall-out from that in Season 12. Could be good, who knows, but all I can see is Catherine getting demoted, Nick too. What kind of send off is that for Catherine? Maybe she's ok with it and if she is well, then what are you going to do?

I want to see friction with between the new guy and the team. I think that would be realistic.

I like Ted Danson, maybe he will be a good fit, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about him being supervisor.

I know we would all like our favorites to lead, and we keep harping on the fact that CBS doesn't appear to have faith in the original cast, but has any TV show 'promoted' its secondary characters to the lead? Honestly, I can't think of a single show that's done that. But, I could be wrong.
The closest example I can think of would be Noah Wyle in ER; but that didn't last long, I lost interest, and the show itself limped along til the end.
Just trying to remain objective here and putting a little faith in tptb. I admit I didn't like LF, but I'm optimistic about Danson. He has the potential to create an interersting character.

One of the things I love about the "team" is that they don't desert each other when things get tough. They protect each other (sometimes in odd ways) but they do. They've weathered Warrick's death, Grissom's leaving and they will weather the fallout whatever that might be also. They did what they did because they believe in the "team". I personally don't want to see them turning on each other or having friction with each other or any new members. Enough with the drama....

To reply to jtd94, I agree. I can think of LA Law which bumped Susan Dey up to primary lead when Harry Hamlin left and then Corbin Bersen when she left but that show lasted just that one season with him. Now that was a rich ensemble show much like ER.

And when you think about it CBS/Paramount or whoever owns the show is in it to make money not stroke egos. So if they feel they can market the show better with Danson then that's the way it is. You know it's like the saying from The Godfather: "It's not personal, it's strictly business".

Last edited:
I know we would all like our favorites to lead, and we keep harping on the fact that CBS doesn't appear to have faith in the original cast, but has any TV show 'promoted' its secondary characters to the lead? Honestly, I can't think of a single show that's done that. But, I could be wrong.

Calleigh/Emily was promoted to lead female when Kim Delaney left Miami.

I don't think Nick's getting demoted. Someone has to be the asst. supv. and excluding Cath, he's the best choice. Cath, based on her accumulated baggage (remember, she brought Haskell into the Jekyll hunt over the objections of everyone but Ray), I see getting demoted and a lenghy suspension. So we get a couple of episodes of everyone else adjusting to the new guy and a couple more episodes of Cath angst when she returns to duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back