Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Michael Ausiello on TVLine.

After four seasons as a recurring guest star, Jorja Fox is returning to CSI this fall as a full-fledged series regular, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The actress left the procedural at the start of Season 8 after appearing in only a handful of episodes. She returned for Season 9, but opted to remain a guest star until now.

The news comes as CSI is undergoing a major cast shakeup as it enters its 12th season. As previously reported, Ted Danson has replaced Laurence Fishburne as the new supervisor.
She was made a series regular last year wasn't she? At least she was in the opening credits and not listed as a 'special guest star'.

We should hear about the rest of the cast this week as well.
According to Shane last night we already have.

Susan

Sara is a full-fledged regular, but " Paul [Guilfoyle, Jim Brass] is returning,” a source close to the show confirms to CSI Files. “Although, I think… Paul may also have a situation where he’s not in every episode, he wants some time off occassionally. Jorja and Paul are in the same situation as last season.”"

So does that mean she's on again off again like last year?? I wish she'd just STAY! I can handle Brass maybe not being there every time, but I would like to see more detectives like in the old days, not just him and Vartann all the time.

After four seasons as a recurring guest star, Jorja Fox is returning to CSI this fall as a full-fledged series regular, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The actress left the procedural at the start of Season 8 after appearing in only a handful of episodes. She returned for Season 9, but opted to remain a guest star until now.

The news comes as CSI is undergoing a major cast shakeup as it enters its 12th season. As previously reported, Ted Danson has replaced Laurence Fishburne as the new supervisor.

I don't normally call other publications out on their shit, but 1) that's totally not an exclusive (umm, hello) and 2) a lot of information is really not accurate in that article. Jorja was a regular last season (thus getting an opening credit spot) and she will be off-and-on once again this season.

So glad everyone's returning. :)

I noticed that Ausiello changed the wording of his report. The way he had it worded before made it sound like LF's character was supervisor and Ted is replacing him as supervisor lol. But they changed it to say that Ted comes in as the new supervisor, filling the void left by LF leaving the show or something.

So glad everyone's returning. :)

I noticed that Ausiello changed the wording of his report. The way he had it worded before made it sound like LF's character was supervisor and Ted is replacing him as supervisor lol. But they changed it to say that Ted comes in as the new supervisor, filling the void left by LF leaving the show or something.

Seems like a LOT of people had trouble keeping all of that straight. It just goes to show that it was not done logically. People who aren't really fans of the show would naturally think LF came in as supervisor, which is how they should have done it...or they should have gone with a lesser known actor as the newbie.

:hugegrin: YES!! Everybody is back!! :hugegrin: *Happy dancing* :hugegrin:

Great news to wake up to this morning! Thanks, Dizzney. :)
I wonder if 'full-fledged' means all the episodes? If Marg is really leaving, then this makes good sense. And, I think Sara will interact well with Danson's character; and hopefully this means more Grissom appearances.
We should hear about the rest of the cast this week as well.

Looks like it will be just like last season, I wish it were more full time but I can I live with time like last seasons

I'm thinking Griss will come back for a little while this season, since Marg will leave and hopefully to talk some sense into Brass :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how the Zuiker news will affect CSI. Hopefully, not much. I can't imagine he wouldn't allow CSI to use Sqweegel again if they wanted. I know he was trying to develop a new series on CBS and his projects weren't picked up. Maybe he will have more luck on ABC. Once a project is developed, though, it can be sold to any network. I wish him luck!

Has anyone heard anything about Sarah Goldfinger returning to CSI? Another poster mentioned it on another site; but I haven't found it anywhere else, so I haven't been able to confirm it. Shane? Have you heard anything? I would love to know what writers are returning.

ETA: Just saw the CSI Files report on everyone returning. YAY!!!

That's the first I've heard about Sarah Goldfinger, and that would be AWESOME!!! :hugegrin: Though she had some trouble in 2009

Yeah hopefully Zuiker jumping ship won't effect CSI much but one never knows

Last edited:
Writers that are returning? Well, some old and some new are on board for this season. You have Carol Mendelsohn (of course), Dustin Lee Abraham, Treena Hancock, Melissa Byer, Michael FX Daley, Elizabeth Devine, Christopher Barbour, Don McGill, Richard Catalani, and Tom Mularz.

I don't remember all of the new guys' names, but I know Gavin Harris is on board (he wrote the premiere), and Joe Pakaski is also writing this season,

Writers that are returning? Well, some old and some new are on board for this season. You have Carol Mendelsohn (of course), Dustin Lee Abraham, Treena Hancock, Melissa Byer, Michael FX Daley, Elizabeth Devine, Christopher Barbour, Don McGill, Richard Catalani, and Tom Mularz.

I don't remember all of the new guys' names, but I know Gavin Harris is on board (he wrote the premiere), and Joe Pakaski is also writing this season,

Thank's Shane well finally:wtf: nothing like waiting till the last minute:confused: I thought this was a "go", with the ones who are returning and I was almost sure George and Jorja would be back due to the fact if someone wasn't returning, it would have been news way before now. It will be fantastic to see some of the old team back together, as it used to be. And I was scared that if Zuiker left, Mendelsohn might go too. I love her and am so glad she's going to be writing some episodes and the rest too:thumbsup: So now the long anticipated wait for the premiere~

Thanks for replying. So no Sarah Goldfinger. :(
But, I like the ones who are returning. As for the 2 new writers, I wasn't a big fan of Dark Blue or Heroes (except the first season), but I was a fan of Crossing Jordan and Cold Case, so I'll remain optimistic.Thanks again!

But, I like the ones who are returning. As for the 2 new writers, I wasn't a big fan of Dark Blue or Heroes (except the first season), but I was a fan of Crossing Jordan and Cold Case, so I'll remain optimistic.Thanks again!
Just the opposite for me. I was a fan of Dark Blue and Heroes and not the other two shows as much, so it should be interesting.

Absolutely delighted to hear that the entire cast will be returning. To me it's the characters which have had me hooked onto this version of CSI over its spin-offs so I'm glad that they'll all (with the exception of Langston) be returning.

What I am concerned about with regards to Marg, Jorja and Paul working on and off is that they'll have Marg on one week, then Jorja the next, then Marg's back the next. I really hope we get some Catherine/Sara moments as well as Catherine/Brass and Sara/Brass moments too. It's been too long since Catherine and Sara worked a case together!

Laurence Fishburne was never the supervisor.:scream:

Laurence Fishburne was never the supervisor.:scream:

That was my reaction at first too, MFC. I clicked the article link to tell Ausiello that he needs to word things better, but apparently someone already had told him because the article had been re-worded to where it was more accurate.

DLA posted this article

and it says Jorja has been promoted to series regular, so it sounds like she'll be in every episode. You know like george and Eric?

Fox has been appearing on the hit CBS drama for the last four seasons as a recurring guest star, but TVLine reports Fox will now be re-promoted to series regular.

It's all rather weird if you ask me.

But I guess being in the opening credits doesn't amount to being a series regular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back