Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Laurence going to show up for at least the first episode of Season 12? It'll be kinda stupid if he doesn't...

The premiere is supposed to be months after the finale, so I doubt he'll be there. Well, unless they've already filmed some scenes and show them as flashbacks or something.

You all do know what having the new guy means, don't you?

Yet ANOTHER season finale that focuses on him...you know instead of the characters that have been there since the beginning. :rolleyes:

Yet ANOTHER season finale that focuses on him...you know instead of the characters that have been there since the beginning. :rolleyes:

Oh believe me I know! And I'm going one step further and say that also the season opener and the next couple of episodes will focus on introducing the new guy and new 'star' to the team and us viewers :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that tptb has learned from their mistakes with handling Langston and treat the Ted D. character like any old CSI for awhile. T.D. is still going to be doing Bored to Death any way, so maybe they'll write him into the show like an Ecklie character who shows up only when there's a problem for this season. That way Nick can have a chance to lead the team for a little bit, fans can have time to get used to T.D. without him being force fed down our throats, and Elisa. D. can find her spot in the team dynamics. But, I think I'm hoping for too much.

Oh come on! We haven't even had any solid teasers about any of the episodes and people are ALREADY moaning about their favourite characters not getting the "screentime they deserve". We've not even got a character name and in my eyes the fact they're aiming for a more light-hearted character already makes him better than Ray for me.

Let's consider a few points:
- Unlike Ray, Danson is being brought in as a supervisor. I'd say that he needs less character development so he'll probably be less domineering in the story lines.
- TPTB have strongly hinted there won't be a major story arc and it's back to case of the week. That leaves more opportunities for balanced screentime and other characters to have their own spotlight. Remember Turn, Turn, Turn, A Space Oddity and If I Had a Hammer even when Ray was new? I know it's a bad example seeing as there were some clunker Ray episodes as well but I highly doubt our characters will get forgotten.
- We KNOW Marg's getting less screentime and an exit this season. I reckon some other characters may benefit from this. (Which isn't great for Marg fans I realise.)
- People seem to have forgotten that there are TWO new regulars this year. It's not all going to be about Danson and I'm really hoping they're going for a team-vibe this year. It's been a while since they've done some really good teamwork.
- Danson is a regular on another show and as far as I know he's staying on as a regular on it. Has it ever been considered that Danson would be incapable of being able to have as much screentime that Ray had? I get the impression it takes a lot to commit to one show (with Marg and Paul previously asking for less screentime) but how about committing to two?

I'm going to stay positive for now but I think it's pathetic that people are whinging when hardly any details have been released at all. The problem is, people are assuming that Danson's entrance is going to be just like Fishburne's. I'm certainly going to be saving my overall judgement until we've seen Danson's character and the first few episodes of the new season.

I don't think it's necessary to call anyone here pathetic.

That said, perhaps it is the lack of information that is causing the concern. Seems like the other franchises have extremely detailed spoilers coming out about next season and we don't even know who has signed up for our show yet.

That, plus the addition of two new characters, is bound to cause some uncertainty and concern. No one is ever happy with change. ;)

This is just my take on the "contract signing" if any of the CSI's WEREN'T coming back I feel it would have been big news as it was when on June 8th or so Laurence, "didn't renew his contract", for whatever reason:rolleyes: So no news as the saying goes, could be "good news". And I am a fan of the character Langston, and never felt he hogged the screen nor did anything except be an integral part of the team. He did and followed what TPTB directed him and this character to do, and one hellva' of job in my opinion. And it could be pretty simple as my daughter said "he got a better offer" Rumor has it he was offered $1 mill. to do a new flick in a month, so this was before he said "I'm not going anywhere, I'm having a great time and I love it". Everything is subject to change. And what GNRF said makes sense on them filming a scene about the ending before they wrapped up in May:confused: BTW he's in Detroit, now filming this new movie:thumbsup:

LF new film news~

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

This is just my take on the "contract signing" if any of the CSI's WEREN'T coming back I feel it would have been big news as it was when on June 8th or so Laurence, "didn't renew his contract", for whatever reason:rolleyes: So no news as the saying goes, could be "good news". And I am a fan of the character Langston, and never felt he hogged the screen nor did anything except be an integral part of the team. He did and followed what TPTB directed him and this character to do, and one hellva' of job in my opinion. And it could be pretty simple as my daughter said "he got a better offer" Rumor has it he was offered $1 mill. to do a new flick in a month, so this was before he said "I'm not going anywhere, I'm having a great time and I love it". Everything is subject to change. And what GNRF said makes sense on them filming a scene about the ending before they wrapped up in May:confused: BTW he's in Detroit, now filming this new movie:thumbsup:

LF new film news~

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

Well, I've also read that CBS didn't want him back.

And if someone hasn't re-signed we might not know about it yet.

I hope everyone re-signed and will it be for the whole season.

I'm asking Ausielo about George, but nothing yet. I'm getting tempted to ask DLA.

I know people know and if they would just say that everyone renewed, then say it. I don't know what the big deal is. Tptb are PITA's.:rolleyes:

Oh come on! We haven't even had any solid teasers about any of the episodes and people are ALREADY moaning about their favourite characters not getting the "screentime they deserve". We've not even got a character name and in my eyes the fact they're aiming for a more light-hearted character already makes him better than Ray for me.

Let's consider a few points:
- Unlike Ray, Danson is being brought in as a supervisor. I'd say that he needs less character development so he'll probably be less domineering in the story lines.
- TPTB have strongly hinted there won't be a major story arc and it's back to case of the week. That leaves more opportunities for balanced screentime and other characters to have their own spotlight. Remember Turn, Turn, Turn, A Space Oddity and If I Had a Hammer even when Ray was new? I know it's a bad example seeing as there were some clunker Ray episodes as well but I highly doubt our characters will get forgotten.
- We KNOW Marg's getting less screentime and an exit this season. I reckon some other characters may benefit from this. (Which isn't great for Marg fans I realise.)
- People seem to have forgotten that there are TWO new regulars this year. It's not all going to be about Danson and I'm really hoping they're going for a team-vibe this year. It's been a while since they've done some really good teamwork.
- Danson is a regular on another show and as far as I know he's staying on as a regular on it. Has it ever been considered that Danson would be incapable of being able to have as much screentime that Ray had? I get the impression it takes a lot to commit to one show (with Marg and Paul previously asking for less screentime) but how about committing to two?

I'm going to stay positive for now but I think it's pathetic that people are whinging when hardly any details have been released at all. The problem is, people are assuming that Danson's entrance is going to be just like Fishburne's. I'm certainly going to be saving my overall judgement until we've seen Danson's character and the first few episodes of the new season.

Well said. It does seem a little ridiculous to be moaning about the season finale when we haven't even had the season opener.

I hope we do see more of a team feel this season, as much as I enjoy Greg working with either Sara or Nick, I'd like to see them mixing the new characters in with everyone. I think they got stuck early on with Ray pairing up with Nick, so that two seasons later he didn't have much of a connection with either Greg or Sara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back