Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

So....just watched the episode.

I like it overall, it was typical CSI Miami.

A couple of things:

1. In the beginning when Eric ended up on ground, next to that telephone??, I thought he was staring at it trying to decide to get help, but if you remember, that's the exact same spot that he and Horatio went to visit and found the car transfer.

2. His hair - love it! He looked almost the same. They all managed to look younger. The best to look younger (although I thought she could've had a speaking part) was Natalia. She looked 11-12 years younger for sure. I think they did a great job with everyone's makeup.

3. Jesse. Ok... I thought he was a little strange at first, but maybe it was just me. I guess they tried to make him prove himself by having him at that scene to show his skills...not bad...but you're no Eric. Sorry. Maybe he'll grow on me, but Eric is irreplaceable.

4. Like that they didn't put in the teenage Ryan - I thought that would've been wayyyyy of course. I like they put in the current one though.

5. Alexx was a treat to see. I never saw her with short hair before, but I'm glad she was there to support Calleigh and give her a shoulder to cry on. Did anyone else's heart break when Calleigh was crying? I teared up with her.. :(

6. Liked that they mentioned Speed and Megan - good inclusion.

Overall, good ep. Wish it was a little longer, but guess we can't have everything.

2. Burke

Burke Victim

Ryan was so hot. Doesn't even matter if it was 3 seconds.
    I'd tap his ass! :D

3. Burke

Burke Victim

I was reading the spoilers from another thread for the next episode about the Jesse character: "During the crisis, he performs a heroic deed that requires him to take off his shirt." Like what the hell... Why can't it be Ryan?! C'mon writers. You know we've been dying to see a topless Ryan for years! :mad:

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hey guys, just a reminder:

This will be going here as well as the episode thread.

Please do not name sources if they're not major magazines (TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, etc.) or well-known web columns like Ask Ausiello or Kristin at E! Online. Keep in mind that naming sources aside from these makes it likely that those sources will dry up.

Simply refer to them as 'spoilers' only, please. Thank you.

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Erm.. he is leaving and at least I read from somewhere, it's not quick one put slowly during the season. If that means Eric is less and less in episodes - first of course not able to work because of injuries and then because of investigation... I see the point.
    But I hope he sticks with opening credits as long as he is in the show.
    I mean...they still have normal episodes and not 42mins of Eric in the hospital.

As for EC being...brought to show "slowly" ... but see. The fact that in opening credits EC is in the end with "and" just proves that his agent got him to bit better spot, which means he'll be that way even the other castlists and probably gets bit better paycheck, who knows.
    So being first or last with "with" or "and" is better place than be in the middle :p

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    People were commenting about EC(Eddie)being listed before Jonathan,Rex and Eva,which he is in press releases starting with episode 2.That may be just for the press releases and EC may remain at the end.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The end is the better spot for him, so lets hope he stays there. Generally, the end credit is used for the more well known actors (other than the lead actors).

8. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Agreed, seeing him at the end made me feel better about him being around, at least a little bit. I like Jesse/Eddie and I think he has good potential, but I still have a LOT to worry about...

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I always thought that as well; the "And..." status just designated a supporting actor coming in who had a little name recognition. Kind of like with Eddie Cahill and Harper Hill in NY. I had heard of both of these actors before NY (actually when I heard EC was going to be on NY, I thought "cool, Jim Craig from "Miracle"!:)). And from the "And..." position neither man is overexposed OR underutilized (unlike Miami, where I fear Jesse/Eddie will be shoved down our throats).

Frankly, IMHO, NY is a far far better written show and does a far far better job of utilizing its cast than Miami. For example, the Danny/Lindsey hookup (which I could take or leave) hasn't overpowered NY (meaning none of the other characters' development and screen time has suffered because of it) the way the Eric/Calleigh hookup has overpowered Miami. Even Adam and Sid who became regulars only last year have seen an increase of screen time and story arcs (at least all their regular characters said something in the season premiere for Pete's sake!). While Miami has three characters who are seldom seen, are underdeveloped and get crappy or no story lines, which unfortunated might just stay that way. The writers of CSI:Miami's reputations preceed them and unless they are forced to, they may not change.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest; I feel better now:)

I will be able to stomach Jesse if he isn't overexposed and yes, I do think we still have a LOT to worry about (I will worry with you:()

10. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Episode 808...not title yet and this has to be one of the hardest episode to understand via the spoilers so forgive me if they seem lame and disjointed!! I am attempting to muddle through them.:lol:

Episode opens on a 2 car accident. Victor a bystander comes across an accident at an intersection. When he realizes that there is a teenage boy, Greg trapped in the other vehicle so he gets out to help even thought it is on fire. He sees an older woman in the front seat and goes to help her...only to realize she is dead and to his shock half of her face has been crushed....she is dead. Victor manages to get the teenager out of the car just as fire and police show up. Victor is seen as a hero....however he dies later at the hospital.

When the poilice show up they find a victim who had been ejected from a car. As they load her into the ambulance everyone is under the impression that she was the driver of the car who hit Greg and his mom Karen but it turns out it is his sister Lily, she was in their car....the driver of the other car seems to have fled the scene.

As the team investigates they try to not only find the driver of the other car but also try and find out why Greg and Lily have conflicting stories on who was driving their car. The team assumes it was their mother, who was legally drunk but both kids say Lily was driving. However, Lily doesn't have a license and Greg does...so why wasn't he driving? Also it seems that the accident may not have been an accident after all. Was the other driver aiming for them? What secrets was their mother keeping that put them all in danger? Did the kids have anything to do with their mothers death? Their father, Andrew seems less than helpful when the team questions him about his wife and the accident. It seems Karen was having an affair which gives Andrew motive.

Again, I am trying to work my way through them and believe it is way more interesting than I am describing it to be!! This is definately one of the hardest eps I have ever had to decipher!

Lab tech Dave Benton is in the episode. As is the new guy Walter. I saw quite a bit of Calleigh, Jesse and Ryan....I did not see Natalia anywhere but info on this one is very scarce so I am not surprised about that. Most of what I did see was pretty much the same stuff over and over again!

11. noealonso

noealonso Rookie

8x04 In Plane Sight

WHEN THE MOST HATED MAN IN MIAMI IS MURDERED, THE CSIs GO ON THE HUNT FOR HIS KILLER AND HIS HIDDEN TREASURE, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, OCT. 12

"In Plane Sight" - When the most hated man in Miami is murdered, the CSIs go on the hunt for his killer and his hidden treasure, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Oct. 12 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian

RECURRING CAST:

Walter Simmons............... Omar Benson Miller
    Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson
    Cynthia Wells............................ Brooke Burke

GUEST CAST

Howard Burgess....................... Nicholas Guest
    Allison Burgess......................... Andrea Parker
    Daniel Burgess.......................... Shawn Pyfrom
    Tony Connor........................ Patrick Kilpatrick
    Byron Pearce................................. Khalil Kain
    Gary Archer............................... Andy Buckley
    Carlos Guzman...................... Lombardo Boyar
    Maria Guzman......................... Jamie Sorrentini
    Officer Denson............................... Link Baker
    Officer Lowe.................................. Chase Kim
    MDPD Officer........................... Eddie Driscoll
    Guard.............................................. Tripp Law
    Airport Officer..................... Jeremy Denzlinger
    Maintenance Man........................... Keith Page
    Shopper #1................... Rebecca Kyler Downs
    Shopper #2................................... Inger Tudor

WRITTEN BY: Robert Hornak

DIRECTED BY: Larry Detwile

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thank you noealonso. :)

That's one hellalong guest list.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Holy frickin' crap! Andrea Parker is in the episode! Ms. Parker from Pretender. yay!

Does anyone else find it kind of ironically funny that the security guard's real name Tripp Law when we have a character on the show with the name Tripp who is in Law Enforcement? :lol:

Wait, I just noticed something.

OMG! Cynthia is back! The QD girl. Brooke Bloom. Wow! That's her imdb page link by the way. Look how long it's been since she's been on the show! :lol:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That is so funny, I was thinking the same thing:lol:

Is she the one who did the handwriting analysis?

15. GregNickRyanFan

:lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the guy's name ironic. My brother thinks I'm weird because I find strange things ironically funny. :lol:

Yes, Cynthia is the one that does the handwriting analysis. :) I'm glad she's back. I liked her. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.