Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Feast Your Eyes...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I wonder why???

Why does it have to be a semi - famous guy? When they started out they had Kim and Horatio as my " I know them from somewhere" but the she left and Calleigh moved up. Back then I didn´t remember her from "West Wing" so she was a blank for me.

Now the cast is householdnames for anyone who watches the show and even beyond. Look at Adam being promoted on "Ungly Betty" as CSI star( ahmm - Ex -CSI star. whenever will it be official?)

True on LV they brought in LF who was a name in his own right. But he was replaying the lead guy and IMO the original CSI of them all. I will not go into detail.

Do you think this might be the cemistry between David and Eddie as they have work together before?
    By bringing in a "friend" they are insured that actors/characters will work out together. And in characterworld explain how Eddie/Jesse doesn´t have to prove himself to H and that they seem to have instent chemistry.

I get that Jesse description included "Hot body":guffaw::guffaw: and actor got/gets to prove that soon enough but there is a lot of unknow actors out there with the same feature. Hot body:guffaw:.

So I wonder why did they pick him? Given that his personal life have start some bad press? IMO Ryan would have stood a better chance of being wing man if they had had a less famous or infamous(JOKE) actor comming on board.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Hopefully, despite the fact this is Eric's episode and we are being introduced to Golden Boy, we will see more.

I actually remember DC from NYPD Blue. Well, at least one of them was at the end of the credits ("And Kim Delaney"); I am afraid this guy might actually take Adam's place in the cast credits

And that is the reason they will use for him to become H's wing man. "Well, I worked with him before and I trust him. Back to the lab with you Ryan."

Got one in the cast already(IMHO). Maybe he can show off that "hot bod" and Ryan and Nat can solve the cases.

I agree with that. Bring in someone with some semblance of name recognition and gotta do something with him. I say stick him in the lab and let Ryan be the go to guy.

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Today's the BIG DAY!!! Woooo Hoo! Finally! :beer::beer:

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Not for me. I don't have cable at college. -sigh- :(

5. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I know Eddie is a great actor, but should I be annoyed that in 8:03 press release, Adam's name is allllll the way on the bottom and Eddie's is up top and third where Adam's used to be? :scream:

I, on the other hand, am really excited about tonight, but I too am not able to see it :( I'm not reading any of these comments until I watch it, LOL. Enjoy!! :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When did David and Eddie work together? The only things I remember seeing Eddie on were Y&R, Sunset Beach, Baywatch Nights, Invasion and though I didn't watch it, Third Watch (other than that movie with Leann Rimes). I don't recall David being in any of those things. So when did they work together before?

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

David and Eddie never worked together.Perhaps AJ was referring to Horatio and Jesse working together 12 yrs ago.That in itself shouldn't give Jesse any type of advantage.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't think David and Eddie worked together before. :lol: And you're right, the fact that Jesse worked with H before should not give him an advantage over Ryan, Nat, Frank, etc. Ryan was a cop and then started out as a CSI (probably Level one). Jesse is coming to them as a new CSI, but former cop (like Ryan)... so IMO, he should have to start out as Level One as well. I don't think he should get to hop over Ryan and Nat and be a higher level CSI than them just because he used to be a cop with H back over a decade ago. That isn't right... and if tptb do that and put him in the credits under Calleigh and above everyone else who has been there longer, it's really going to get them some heavy backlash. The majority of fans are probably uneasy about this choice due to the actor's personal problems as it is... doing that with the credits is only going to make matters worse.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree.Do we know if Jesse is a brand new CSI,or is he coming with experience?It doesn't really make a difference,he is new to the Miami team and shouldn't get to hop over anyone.
    Do you remember when Jorja Fox joined CSI? She was not in the pilot episode,but her name was initially put before George Eads and Gary Dourdan when she joined.It was changed later so I always wondered if there was some uproar or backlash because of her name being placed where it was,and that was the reason for the change later.

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

From the previews, I got the impression that Jesse left before the CSI department "opened for business" (Jesse was standing there holding a box and H said like "and they are going to call it CSI"). If that is the case, Jesse SHOULD start out as CSI level one (was he just a cop before he moved back to Miami?). Ryan and Nat should both be level two's one would think. As I stated in a earlier post, people change in 12 years and Jesse may not be the same person he worked with before.

I completely agree; putting EC before three cast member who have been there a lot longer will cause a stink. If the tptb think any differently, they will be in for a big surprise. I know alot people around here who will be very unhappy.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

re: that last sentence ^^ **raises hand** ;)

I agree that he should be at a level one if he's new, but we don't know what's happened in the last 12 years - he may have been a CSI in LA already. Personally I'd rather see him come in with no experience as a CSI, unfortunatly I don't think that's where they're going with him - it seems they're trying too hard to have him already established, on the job & in thier lives. :rolleyes:

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I am already planning to write a letter of protest if EC is put before the other cast members.Whenever you read an interview where TPTB speak of the fans,they always claim to want to respect their fans.I want to know which fans they are they speaking of ?

13. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

If they do put EC ahead of Jon, Rex, and Eva...they are going to get one rude fan awakening. I'm surprised many of these PTB didn't learn from what happened with Jericho. Yeah, it lasted one more season, but that was because the fans wasn't having it and the fans brought it back. Same thing goes, if the fans aren't happy with something, they will walk as well as bombard their snail mail and e-mail with complaints until it's changed.

I know of people who are planning a massive boycott of the show if that happens. Only when the ratings take a hit will TPTB will see that you don't want to mess with your loyal fans when it comes to that. It's disrespectful to them and the actors that have been there first.

I'm a patient woman, and I've been patient with TPTB for four years(Since I started watching the show) and I know Jon/Ryan fans who have loved him from the get go have been patient for five. But that is the one thing that will cause me to lose it. It's bad enough that Jon, Rex, or Eva don't get the time they deserve, putting EC ahead of them in the credits would just plain be stabbing them in the back. If TPTB were smart, they wouldn't do it, because the fan bases between the three of them are pretty substantial...and they would be really stupid to make them mad.

But that's my opinion. :) Now that that's off my chest...

SEASON PREMEMIRE TONIGHT!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! My Miami and Togo fix shall be appeased this evening! YAY!!!

14. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I am excited that it is the premiere b/c I want to see what happens in the form of a conclusion to the cliffhanger from last season but my excitement seems to stop there. Which sucks cuz I love this show.

Sometimes change can be a good thing but I am seeing recurring posts where we all agree that THESE changes aren't necessarily a good thing. And I do think that people should protest and let TPTB know how we feel about what they have done and are doing b/c if we don't then they will continue doing it thinking we either don't care or like it.

We all have been waiting for certain things to happen for a long time....I like to think I have patience but my patience is starting to ware very thin.

15. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Got the DVD-R programmed and all set to go. We turn in early because of work schedules, so we'll have to watch tomorrow.

YAAAAAAAY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.