Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This is part of the problem and an example of people's opinions not being respected. People do not like to be told (or have it implied) they they are in the minority because of the way that they feel and that everyone else (and that's quite a claim) disagrees with them.

Everyone (yes, everyone) is free to express their opinion here. Opinions cannot be right or wrong. They can be discussed respectfully, but please do not try to "prove" someone's opinion is wrong.

And forget about asking yourself "would I say this about my grandmother". Before hitting "submit reply", put your favorite character/actor's name in the post in place of the one you are complaining about. How would you feel if someone made that post?

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm disappointed to hear that they are getting rid of Riley. I liked her. I thought she was fun and I liked her sarcasm.

Sara being back...well I can deal with her, but I do not like hearing that she will be the main focus in all the eps she is in. Once again those characters who are still regulars on the show, who have been there since season one are being neglected for Sara.

I'm actually glad I am working on Thursday nights this year and will have to watch on my DVR. I will be able to FF through the parts I rather not see. :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

So true, speedy. I really hope the writers do focus more on these characters this season than they did last, espescially Greg.

I completely agree. Wendy should be in the field. As much as I love Riley, if they weren't going to develop her properly then they should have just made Wendy the new CSI instead of hiring someone new.

I don't mind Sara coming back, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is how she is coming back. Cath has been doing a great job as supervisor and even if she did need help it should be Ecklie, Grissom or Brass to give her advice seeing as to how they actually have experience in being a supervisor. I just don't see how Sara can help someone be a supervisor when she has no experience in being a supervisor. That just makes absolutely no sense to me. And also the fact that she's seemingly coming back in as a CSI when she made it clear on countless occassions that she did not want to be in that job anymore. So, I don't understand why they chose this kind of storyline to bring the character back in. She deserves a better storyline than that. :sigh:

Yep. I think I'm going to be recording CSI this season and watching Supernatural at 8 central instead of the other way around. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  4. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

This is also just my opinion, but the only thing TV execs "ship" is money. Money is brought by advertisers, advertisers are brought by ratings, and ratings are brought by people who watch the show. I honestly don't think TPTB are bringing Jorja back just to please a "very vocal minority" (GSR fans), and they wouldn't be bringing her back if they thought that would alienate the majority of fans. All of us in all the CSI ciber-universe, probably don't make 0.01% of all CSI viewers, not even in the U.S., so (as I've said many times) no matter how many planes, fake dollars, balloons, peanuts, letters, cupcakes of whatever some fans sent them, if they didn't sense Sara = $, they wouldn't have called her in the first place. Same for GSR, same for every storyline and character and stuff that goes on on the show.

I agree with many that that's just a stunt and not a "real" solution to the problem: Ratings will go up when Sara's there (maybe Grissom too), and go down again when she's not (or they're not). The only way ratings may stay up is if they take that stunt as an opportunity to bring characters like Greg or Nick to the forefront (because it's not like Sara will go to the show to do a 1 hour-long tap solo), and make the general audience engaged with them, and their storylines, and their cases. I also agree with the opinion that this should be CSI's last season. There comes the time when it's really hard not to repeat yourselves. Ten years is a milestone, CSI has been a great show and all, and it deserves to go while it's still good intead of getting all E.R.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

With respect to the fact that TPTB look to dollar signs for the direction of the show, all this talk about Sara coming back is generating a lot of conversation that wasn't very vocal last week. While they'll be diehard Sara dislikers who won't watch the premiere, there's going to be a whole lot more that will watch to see what's what. How does Sara get her job back? What does the rest of the team think? How will Sara work under Catherine? How will she relate to Ray? Will Grissom show up or be mentioned?

Now you have a premiere that is worth watching...

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

CSI was seen filming at Planet Hollywood today. Not really spoiler-ish, but it does seem like they are filming on location in Vegas, un-like Miami.

Source

(Thanks to Erica for pointing this out to me. :) )

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm going to cling to the comments made by Eric Szmanda in one of his interviews. (I think it was the Monte Carlo one, but can't remember) He mentioned that for Season 10, they were going back to the science of the show and stepping away from the personal drama. Or something along those lines. If they would do that then I would continue to watch. When I started the show way back when, I didn't care about the characters. I loved the setting and the science. As disappointed as I am over the departure of Riley and frustrated over the nature of Sara's return, as long as they keep writing good cases, I'll watch.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yeah, he did say that in Monte Carlo, but that was at the beginning of June and things have obviously changed. They said in May that we would learn more about Riley, but that won't be happening.

When they say that episodes that Jorja appears in will showcase Sara, tells me they are not going back to the science.

Apparently, tptb have forgotten what the word 'ensemble' means. I've never seen a show, who lost characters, constantly ask them back. Then to have her come back in such an unbelievable story is insulting to all of us.

Nick has been the one to show that he can bring a team together, as he did in 'Redrum'. If anyone could bring them together, it would be him. However, they are a team and Catherine isn't having any problems keeping the together. Heck, just have Greg stop everyone at the lab and tell to get it together. I'd believe that. Sara? No, she doesn't really have people skills, kind of like Grissom.

And I want to see more of Super Dave. He's my favorite lab rat. Just cracks me up. :lol: Brass too, he's another one who cracks me up. :lol:

9. nanigsr

nanigsr Witness

Jorja sound happy,that make me happy too. Although i can't see her as a CSI,she said "I cant do this anymore". I hope Gil will be back soon. About Lauren Smith,i am more sad by the actress that by the character...i never liked her.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am sorry to hear that LLS is leaving, I really liked Riley and she has great chemistry with both Greg and Nick. Its a shame. I was never a fan of Sara and I am not thrilled to have her back. IMO the team or Catherine does not need her to bring them together and certainly does not need Sara to show her how to be a leader! But hey whatever, CM has no clue but as long as Greg is there I'll be watching. (he has been my sole reason for continuing to watch since S7)

11. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

For me: End anger, begin speculation. GO!

I wonder if Greg had a crush on Riley and will be :( for the entire season. I think that would be kinda cute. And yeah...really sad. Poor Greggo.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

To be honest, I think this will be another season where we will see less of Nick and Greg. I really believe it.

I'd rather the show be cancelled than to cave to GSR fans. The writers are clueless, myopic and could care less about all the fans and all the viewers.

When Grissom left, there were fans on other boards who said, "Well at least George is still there." Did the writers see this, nope.

They think GSR will bring back the ratings, but the ratings fell because Grissom left and because the other characters were shoved to the background.

Anyways, doesn't matter what I think. I'm not a GSR fan. I guess their voices are the only ones that count.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Maybe Sara comes back to LV to console Greg. :hugegrin: I really would like to see Greg being the one to call Sara, and maybe they have been in touch all along. Maybe this will tie up alot of those loose ends and questions we had when she left. It sounds to me like Jorja has missed working with her friends, as has Sara.

I also like the Wendy angle. If Sara is really only back for a few episodes, they will still need another female CSI. Maybe Sara talks Wendy into pursuing it. And maybe she gives Hodges a good kick in the pants to pursue Wendy. Then we could have a 'Meet The Parents' episode CSI-style. :lol:

Lots of "maybe's" = lots of possibilities. The thing is, Sara had a relationship with everyone on the show. I think she could be a catalyst for things to happen to the other characters. This could be a great season.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This I could see. I still think out of everyone else on the show, Sara was next closest to Greg in the end. And a lot of that is probably because IRL Eric and Jorja hang out together a lot. Usually the only time I really enjoyed Sara was when she was working with Greg. So if they team them up again I would be happy enough.

15. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Wait, what? The got rid of Riley to get Sara back? :confused:

I'm starting to hate the on-line fans' enormous input on the shows these days. :wtf:
    I now have two actors whose shows I am avoiding like the plague because of the fans' behavior that seeming always lead to weak show-runners caving to their demands and thus altering the show permanently.

The on-line fans are not the entire audience for crying in the sink! I'd say it's 5% tops and not always very representative either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.