Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm sorry that you got upset about they drop Riley. Do you remember Lauren Smith did not sign contract or did she, I'm not sure if she did or not. I know Laurence did for 1 1/2 years.

I'm glad Sara is back, but I want Grissom more. I alway thought Greg has great chemistry with Riley. Riley got Greg's funny back then he does with Sara. Sara is too serious around Greg. Don't get me wrong, I do like Sara and Greg friendship, but not as a couples. I more like Sara and Nick together, because they understand each other. I have never thought a great chemistry between Nick and Riley and I don't see it. Nick has never smile much since Sara left then Grissom left.

Nick always like the family stick together. The writers think Sara hold the teams together. Wrong person, Sara did not hold the teams together, Nick did. Nick is a people person and Sara is a private and lone or something like Grissom is. I guess the writers forgot about the Redrum that Nick is the one that hold the teams together.

2. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I don't think just one person holds the team together, its a group effort. If one person is having problems its up to the others to help and support them. If it was only one person who held the "team" together then is really isn't a team at all, after all there is no i in team.

So focusing on one person and saying that they will help keep the team together or whatever really tells me that the writers don't believe in the team anymore, from now on they are focusing on one person only and thats not fair, csi is an ensemble show not one character driven. Yes focus on one character more in an episode thats fine by all accounts but not for a whole season, don't make this season about Sara or Fishburne make it about the WHOLE team working together to solve crimes and catch the bad guys.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My friend at another forum brought up this very valid point.

With all of these things done AND then she comes back to Las Vegas to help? I know we don't know the full extent of her return, but come on! She's outstayed her welcome. What really pisses me off is that she's replacing the void of Riley. Riley has much more personality than Sara and could carry her weight much better!

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wow..for a show that tries to be real, they certainly do a dismal job.

I mean in real life, Sara would not have only been fired, but black balled.

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Warrick then should have been fired for Holly. Nicky should have been fired for Krissy. Catherine should have been fired for blowing up the lab, using the lab for her paternity search. Grissom did countless of things that went against what a supervisor should have done.

It's one thing to present the facts that a character is flawed, but let's all remember that no one is perfect on this show...

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Wow, vegaslights. You really do have it in for her, don't you. I don't think I want to get into listing all the faults of all the other characters over the years. Ancient history. Pointless. Denigrating to the cast as a whole.
    And, no, it's not real, it's tv, it's drama.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You can add to that list: insubordination to not only Catherine, but the Assitant director which she has never apologized for and one of the biggest things she got pulled over for a DUI. You know an actual CRIME, that could have killed someone! With the job she had she should've had been fired, but as usual, Grissom did nothing. Oh, then getting upset because her supervisor, that she's in-love with and has made that very clear doesn't recommend her for a promotion and she gets upset. That clearly showed that with the preferential treatment she got, she should have be the one recommended.

So now she's going to come back and make Catherine understand that the team isn't team and yet we've seen nothing but a team in the second half of the season. :wtf: Tptb are totally nuts.

Now if was just that she's going to help out, fine, still think that's wrong, but I could accept that over her having to tell Catherine how to do her job. Is she going to tell Catherine have a relationship with one of your subordinates, keep it a secret and be unethical too? Because all Sara has to go by is how Grissom ran the team. Now I love Grissom. He is and always will be one of my all time favorite characters, but as a boss? He had his good points, but he was unethical and hypocritical. Guess Catherine needs to be that, because she should play favorites, like he did and treat one of her team members like the black sheep (like Grissom did with Nick).

Ok she's coming back, make it that she's helping out, not telling Catherine how to do her job and for pete's sake and DON'T have those five episodes showcase her, when you keep pushing Catherine, Greg, Nick, Brass, and the rest in the background.

We know it's TV and yes all the characters have their flaws, however, we don't claim they don't.

However, do you really expect us to accept and believe that she is going to tell Catherine how to do her job after everything they have written for Sara. Suddenly, Sara's an expert on teamwork and how to handle things. Um, I don't think so.

All the characters have flawed. Yet, none of what the did was crime. Grissom left Holly alone, so why should Warrick get fired over it. Of course, he's another who got away with a lot. Nick was stupid and naive and slept with Kristy, not a crime. For it to have been a crime he would have to pay her. You can't fire someone over sleeping with a hooker, you didn't pay for.

Catherine accidently blowing up the lab, not grounds for termination and she was punished for it. If someone was killed she probably would have been fired.

Sara was insubordinate and was pulled over for DUI. BOTH grounds for termination. Sara is the only character that has actually committed a crime. Yes, most everyone drives after drinking, still doesn't make it right and then coming to work drunk?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't have it in for her necessarily, but I want to make a point that there should be no reason for this character be coming back. Or the actress for that matter.

And as for the "it's not real, it's tv" card--that's not exactly true. CSI is based off of real things and scientific facts. Yes, they stretch things a bit (you're not going to get DNA results back in 30 seconds in real life, but in a TV show you are...) but on a TV show of this caliber, they should have some base of reality.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, they all have a dark past, jdt everyone of them, something awful they've done, or has happened to them. And how many saw their mom kill their dad?, not to mention her getting buried, under a car and surviving. Sara's bright spots: her personality, her killer expressions, was also, intuitive, smart, funny, beautiful, caring, kind, compassionate, sympathetic and loved children, [when she found the two little boys hvering in a dank shed/cellar, and hugged them].. and animals, [buried the gorilla's ashes and shed tears], and her team mates, was always there for all of them at one time or another. And bottom line she still rocks, and her outstanding AURA and TPTB still called her back :thumbsup: She will help immensely on the cases and her and Dr. Langston will click I predict, and she'll be a great help to him and the CSI team~

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, Sara saw her mom kill her dad? Yeah, that is a horrible thing to live with, so is abuse, but that is no excuse for her behavior or to hide behind it when she does something wrong. If she chose to not deal with what happened that's her fault, because that is something a person should be in therapy for.

To see your mother physical abused, I wouldn't want to see it either. You know I didn't have the best childhood with my dad and I saw him hit my mom once, but I don't let it run my life, define my life, or hide behind/use it as an excuse for my behavior or when I've done something wrong.

If you ask me, getting buried alive is one of, if the most, horrible thing anyone could've gone through, yet you don't see Nick hiding behind it.

I might have to argue about her loving children, I never got that from her, but that's me. Her love of animals, yes she definitely has that.

I like her relationship with Greg too, but that does change the fact the reasons Sara is coming back are totally bogus.

Ok, going to take Destiny's advice, or at least try and step back. I'm getting way to heated in this discussion. Besides, I don't want to be the reason this thread gets locked, because I know that's where it's heading.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

The cases are based on RL, the characters are fictional. "Drama is real life made interesting."

Now I know why I like Sara so much. Who else can elicit so much of a reaction? All those traits which you exagerate, and of course leaving out all the good she has done, don't make her a bad character in my book; they make her interesting. And at this point 'interesting' is what the show needs. Controversy, confrontation, anything to add some life to the show. I'll take Sara on my side in any situation! And then we'll go out for a couple beers and chill out. I think I could use one now.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's not entirely true. Grissom is supposedly based on a real person. :lol:

I don't have a problem with Sara returning, but I do take issues with the storyline she's seemingly going to be given. Sara's better than that storyline and she deserves better and her fans deserve better.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So is Catherine. :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't know that. I knew her case in "If I Had A Hammer" was based on a true story, but didn't know she was based on a real person. So both of the original leads are based on real people. That's cool. :)

I really really hope something good in the way of spoilers comes soon, because the Riley thing has seriously got me sad. I need something to get me excited again. And if I knew Sara was going to have a great friendship moment with Greg, that would do it. :lol:

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I seem to remember this time last year when we heard Sara was coming back for Warrick's funeral and to help the team solve the murder. Everyone was all up in arms about Warrick's death being turned into a GSR-fest and about her being able to work on the case without being an employee.

None of that turned out to be true (she did help, but not like we thought). Yet we spent the whole summer arguing over it.

I suspect her return this time and her "helping bring the team together" will turn out to be for naught as well. So maybe we can turn our focus to discussing (not arguing) what might happen. After all, spoilers don't always pan out like we think they will.

ETA:
    I love how on the DVD extras that woman said when they watched the pilot episode she said, "I'm not like that!" and all her coworkers looked at her and said, "Yes you are!" :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.