Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I just got home from Valkyrie. Am I the only one who didn't find it that good? It was not that it was bad. It was a good storyline and I loved studying history, but I just found it too long. I was just like okay, when are they going to get caught. Maybe because I knew that Hitler doesn't die in that attempt, I just couldn't really focus in on it. The part I did love though was the end. It was poignant and well done. Almost brought tears to my eyes. Well, there's my two cents. I'm not going to see it again.

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I know this one came out a while ago, but I finally saw Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street the other night. :lol: It was better than I thought it was going to be. At first I was sort of scared because even though I'd heard that the gore wasn't that bad, I hate scary movies and was still scared. But I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan so I had to force myself to watch it. It wasn't bad at all. The gore was sort of glorified which made it less hard to watch, and the singing wasn't too bad either, although at the times when it wasn't that good, it sort of added to the movie. Their voices (everyone really, there weren't any really amazing singers in the whole movie) were different and some even strange to hear. But like I said I thought that sort of added to the movie, since it's sort of a weird movie to see anyway. The ending was actually unexpected. At least I had no clue it was going to end that way. It also ended with potential for a sequel, even though I don't think there really should be a sequel, for certain reasons.

I'd recommend it if you don't mind gore, and if you're a fan of Johnny Depp. There's no swearing (well okay, there's one word that's said twice as part of a song, I don't count it), no nudity, and the violence isn't bad, it's just pretty bloody. Besides I think the fact that it's a musical makes it a little funny too. Singing while slitting throats... ;)

3. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Yes Man- i'm going to admit that i only saw this movie for Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, Sasha Alexander, and Molly Sims.... they were all very good in their scenes even if some of them only had very bit parts. i just about drooled over Bradley Cooper for throughout the movie the man is so freakin hot!!! it was nice to see Sasha Alexander in something i miss her as Kate Todd from "NCIS". Zooey Deschanel is adorable in every sense of the word and of course she sings in the movie but the songs she sang were hysterical. the rest of the movie was pretty funny i enjoyed it. Jim Carey didn't get on my nerves which was great.

Murder on the Orient Express- very very very good movie and excellent story. every few weeks i go on a hunt for classic/old movies and i came across this one. i've heard about the movie before and i've been reading a biography on Ingrid Bergman so i figured i'd pick it up. the acting by the entire cast was great. Ingrid Bergman was so good she plays kind of eccentric Swedish Christian missionary. this part won her an Oscar and she totally deserved it, her small parts she had kicked everyone in the butt. after i finish this one book i am now reading i'm going to try and find this one to read.

Anastasia- another Ingrid Bergman movie. like i said before i read a bio on her so now i'm going through some of her movies. loved her acting in this movie. everyone knows the story of Anastasia and all that drama.... and most everyone has seen the cartoon version which is the same as the live action movie.

i got a box of Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra movies which i just watched last night. the movies are Anchors Aweigh, Take Me Out To The Ball Game, and On the Town. i liked "On The Town" the best it was cute and i liked the story.

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Son of Rambow.

It's a very nice little movie about the friendship of two very different boys who shoot a homemade film of Rambo. It's kinda predictable but worth watching.

Slumdog millionaire.

It's about a young boy from the slums of Mumbai who's about to win the Indian "Who wants to be a millionaire?". The cops think he's cheating because there's no way he knows all the answers so he explains it by telling the story of his life in the slums.
    It's a very interesting movie, a totally worth watching one.
    It's about the tough life in the slums but there's also sense of humour and a beautiful love story. The young actors are awesome.

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Paul Blart: Mall Cop

I'll admit that I wasn't sure how this movie was going to be. I've been to so many movies that were advertised as being funny that I don't think I even laughed in. Maybe it's because I have a weird sense of humor...
    Anyway, it actually turned out to be much better than I figured. Quite a few good scenes. It's funny, kind of sad, and threw in a few things I didn't except too. Overall I'd say it was a good film.

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

"THE READER" intense and riveting, takes place in 50's Berlin, and a young boy 15 [great actor] David Cross a German actor falls madly in love with an older woman 35, Kate Winslet, which changes his life forever, the older boy was Ralph Finnes, how good is he? he comes to find out that she, Hannah, was a Nazi guard when she was very young, but midway through, you'll discover why it had this title!,and I don't want to say anything else so not to give the ending away. But I was sobbing, and talk about spectatcular acting by all, especially Kate, no wonder she won a Golden Globe, old Berlin dingy but interesting it goes from the 1950's up till 1995! go see this

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Suspicion- Carey Grant and Joan Fontaine are in the movie. good mystery about a husband who doesn't have money and plans on killing his wife for her insurance money to get some. Joan Fontaine was good in this movie she didn't overact as much as she did as Mrs. de Winter in "Rebecca".

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness- an Ingrid Bergman movie. based off a true story about a woman named Gladys Aylwood. she was a missionary in China and took care of many children. when the Japanese attacked China she led 100 orphaned children on foot through mountains to a town where they would be safe.

Mixed Nuts- this is a funny movie with Steve Martin, Rita Wilson, Anthony LaPaglia, Madeline Kahn, Julliette Lewis, Liev Schrieber, and Adam Sandler.

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Miracle - This movie was on Family Channel last night and I decided to watch it. It's a Disney movie based off the true story of Coach Herb Brooks who led the 1980 USA Olympic team in their defeat of the seemingly impossible to beat Soviet Union. The movie stars Kurt Russell as Herb Brooks, Patricia Clarkson as his wife Patty and CSI NY's Eddie Cahill as goalie Jim Craig.

9. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

Seven Pounds
    I had pretty high expectations of this movie due to good critics and friends who'd told me a bit about it. But I have to say it couldn't lift up to those expectations, unfortunately. Maybe it was because the story was dragged on too long. Not much happened during the first half of the movie. It didn't really get to me...

Bedtime Stories
    This one was nice! The story was cool and cute and to see those bedtime stories come true was funny. Adam Sandler did a good job, not exaggerated. There was of course the possibility to overdo it, but that wasn't the case. A really sweet family movie.

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

My Bloody Valentine 3D
    First of all I'd like to say I didn't know what to expect when I decided to see this movie. I knew Jensen Ackles was going to do a great job, but I didn't know about the whole 3d aspect of the movie. But let me tell you, it really delivered. Some parts really had me on the edge of my seat ... guns looked like they were pointing right at you, blood coming out of the screen had me wanting to run and take a shower ... blood looked like it seemed to drip on the bald guy in front of me :lol: Hands down the best horror movie I've ever seen in a movie theater.

I never really expected that Tom (Jensen Ackles' character) had split personalities. And drumroll ... like any typical horror movie, the killer lives :thumbsup: sequels!

11. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Okay I'm glad you saw it and gave such a good review. I was afraid that when a movie has too many young, pretty actors, that they tend to lean more toward TNA rather than content. But it sounds like it was really good! And that ending seems awesome! I gotta see it now.

Wedding Crashers - Okay I've finally seen the movie. HILARIOUS! Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are so funny together. Christopher Walken does a good job to. Too much TNA, but I was warned before-hand, so it wasn't a surprise. Isla Fisher, the psycho girlfriend, cracks me up the whole time.

Hairspray (New Version) - There are too many good parts to put into this post, but it was really, really good. I'm not a fan of Musicals AT ALL. At times, I despise them. But it was a tenderhearted movie. I liked it alot.

Saw V - If you've seen the other Saw's this one can seem like a bit of a let down. Same amount of blood, not enough brain matter, if you catch my drift. The way the people die are just as macbre as the others, but the acting and thought behind the plot is just a recycled version of the third one.

12. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Kimbo08, your signature is a little bigger than it's supposed to be. It should be no larger than 220 pixels in width and 75 pixels in height. Please resize it. Thanks.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

What Happens In Vegas
    One of the worst romantic comedies I've ever seen. The parts that were supposde to be funny didn't do a single thing for me. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone.

A Nightmare on Elmstreet
    :lol: So yeah, I watch this movie way too much! I love all of the Nightmare on Elm Street series and I hope they cancel the remake they have coming out, or else they'll ruin it!
    People fall asleep and they die!

14. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

SAW V - saw it for the second time, wasn't any happier with it than the first time.

DEFIANCE - outstanding. Daniel craig was increadable as was liev schreiber who played Keppler on CSI: LV for a few episodes so that was cool =]

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Lakeview Terrace - REALLY good movie. I enjoyed alot. Really good thriller where you are literally guessing the whole time. Samuel L. Jackson was great at really pissing me off. I just wanted to jump through the screen and smack him! He's great at playing evil!

In America - I actually saw it a while ago, but caught a piece of it today. Great film about an imigrant Irish family as the try to evolve to US ways of life. I would suggest you see it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.