Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I agree. It kind of makes one wonder if the only way that they can win is if they beat the crap out of the competition. Obviously there is going to be some level of roughness, hockey's a bit of a violent sport after all, but I think the Pens take it too far sometimes.

Ok, after have made myself look like an idiot, I am thrilled to say that WE WON!!!!! YES!;)
    Sorry though Sidney...
    Now I can sleep peacefully tonight and won't have to kick any Ranger butt. :lol:

2. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

YEEEEAAAHH!

WE WON ! WOOOO!

Pens: 2

NY RANGERS: 3

[​IMG]

Unfortunatly I wasn't able to watch.....stupid TV stations:mad:

But the fact that we won ( inthe shoot out ) made my ENTIRE DAY!

I keep cheking my account and neither Eddie or A.J are posting on their

Blogs......geez...... I mean for a fan this HUGE. WHERE THE HELL are these

guys. Oh well......their problem.

I'm off to get BEER and celebrate....CHEERS:beer:

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I almost edited that pic to link since its 405px instead of max 400px what we recommend here ;) But I thought I let it pass, you'd otherwise think I'd be mad about Pens losing ;)

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Ducky mad about the Pens losing :confused: now that would never happen would it :guffaw:

Many years ago I used to enjoy hockey but this was in the 70's. I don't like the fighting in hockey now a days. I also don't like this idea of a shoot out when the scores tied. Either play overtime until a team has scored or leave the game a tie. Oh and don't reward a team with a point for losing in overtime.

I unfortunately live in an area that is Toronto Maple Leaf mad. The sports sections here forget about baseball but oh lets run 2-3 pages of hockey news in the summer :scream: it would be great if the Make BeLeafs had won something. They last won the Stanley Cup in 1967. So I sit back and silently pray that the Make BeLeafs don't make the playoffs again. I couldn't stand living here if they did.

5. CSINEWYORK000

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Thats funny.

Start picking fights (like Avery), bad to the bone. LOL:lol:

Kiddn'. I wouldn't to that..............

I'm looking forward to the next NYR game, so far we are on a good streak.

6. Ducky

I am actually happy that the 'rough game' is gone, man it was insane when you check even early 90s games! Gives a chance to very skilled players.

AS for shootouts. Yes, it's bit nasty but then they have to play for win and it's more exciting for the spectators. Playing OTs can make games ... long (like seen in playoffs) But point for losing on OT, why? With shootouts I do understand that.

Our own league is kinda... interesting. First, my 2nd fave team that has sucked since they got back to Elite league have played amazing season so far and were 2nd at one point :eek: I guess they've come down a bit now, but every team is close to each other. Then my fave team, TPS.. is erm.. at the bottom. Not much left from the glory days in the 90s :lol: :lol: It's so sad.
    ANd then this rich dude, who owns one team (Jokerit of Helsinki) plans that we should kick few teams out (from 14 to 10) :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And... this season in Europe we have Champions League. From our league, there is last season's winner and 2nd. So far the winner, Kärpät what I hate from the bottom of my heart failed in first round and is out :p :lol:
    I guess it's remake of old EHL.

7. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Hey all! I'm just gonna let you all know, I'm a Sens fan and a Habs fan. Have been my entire life. Sens aren't doing well right now. We lost against Toronto last night :(:(. I think the Habs are going to win the cup this year but I'm still gonna root for my teams. GO SENS GO! GO HABS GO!

Oh I hope you Ranger fans like this. I was in New York when the Rangers were playing the Pens in the playoffs. I saw a guy in a Penguins jersey and yelled GO RANGERS GO at him. Haha! I do not like the Penguins.

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Haha, that's funny!
    Actually I do this all of the time. I shoot people dirty looks when I see them with Penguin shirts/bumper stickers/license plates on, it's even rubbed off on one of my friends and now they do it too.
    I was in Pittsburg last season after the Rangers got beat in the playoffs and I didn't think I was going to make it out alive or without killing someone. Penguins shirts were everywhere *shudders*

I friend I go to church with and I are going to stick a Rangers bumper sticker over another person I go to church with's Penguin bumper sticker and tell her that we made it look better. ;)

9. CSINEWYORK000

Alright, thats what talking about. LOL:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

That outta show em'. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

10. CSINEWYORK000

HELLO?

Urrrghhhhhh.....Here we go again with quietness.

C'mon - Do I have to star calling your fav. player(s) bad names to get ur

attention.

News? Games? Thoughts on hockey palyers? Cute, not cute...

Hot/ not .?

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

YAY!
    Rangers beat the Islanders 4-2! :lol:

Scoring for us were: 1st period - Chris Drury
    2nd period - Ryan Callahan
    3rd period - Scott Gomez and Chris Drury

From nhl.com - "The best start in Rangers history got better on Monday, as the first-place Blueshirts beat the Islanders 4-2 for their third victory in a row. The win lifted the Rangers to 9-2-1 this season, and they continue to set the pace as the NHL's winningest team.":)

I'm suprised that the Rangers are doing this good. They kind of sucked in the pre-season so I figured we would in the regular season too. I have been pleasently suprised. Go Rangers!

12. CSINEWYORK000

With the progress of this team...........I'm starting to believe that the Cup

can be ours this year. Seriously. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Question 4 NYR fans : Who's you favorite Ranger?

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I really am starting to think that we do have a really good shot at the Cup this year. Let's hope we continue the great winning streak.

hm...who is my favorite Ranger?
    That's a hard question because I love all of them! ;)

But seriously, Henrik Lundqvist.

Amazing goalie and super sexy. And he's a twin like me. :luvlove:
    What else could you possibly want?

14. CSINEWYORK000

Agreed. They are great, and Henrik Lundqvist is on my list.

I watched an old interview with them - Henrik is the "popular twin", Joel is

low key, not to mention he plays on different team.

In the the interview they showed pictures when they were younger -

they look exactly alike, but now not so much.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  15. Ducky

EEEWW, he's Swedish *spits*

So erm... who's in Rangers nowadays? I guess I paid more attention when they won Cup (Tikkanen played there then :D ) and of course my SNES NHL 95 team :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.