Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate going into overtime, me makes me so nervous!!!!! :shifty:
But I guess I can't complain because that means that we stayed on task against the Oilers for the entire regular play time.
But still....it makes me sit here and bite my nails in anticipation.
So as I kept freaking out during overtime, we managed to not let the Oilers score, so a shootout it is. I've decided hockey is bad for my mental health.

So the Rangers lost. :(
But they did a whole heck of a lot better then their last few games, so no complaints.
The two regular time goals were coined by Paul Mara and Chris Drury.
Good job from the both of them.

Lundqvist did an amazing job as per his usual. I am still trying to amend myself for getting on his case after the last game. I would hate to be the goalie during a shootout.
When I am trying to listen to the game on the radio all I ever hear is "blah blah blah...Lundqvist!...blah blah blah...Lundqvist!..." It's true. :lol: I love him though.

Next game is Wednesday against the Devils. Not sure how this one will turn out, we won our last game against them but lost both pre-season games to them yes? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Who's excited for the RANGERS Game tonight?????

The New Jersey v.s. New York Rangers faceoff is always exciting because

the game comes down to the goalies. Martin Brodeur is a skilled goalie and

a measuring stick for all goalies out there. And when these two teams go

against each other Lundqvist always proved that he can live up to the

expectations, and exceed.

But, we won't have to worry about facing Martin Brodeur tonight , and I

hope it gives us a chance to score some goals into the net.

I won't say anything yet...........but we'll see.

Last edited:
All right, the Rangers finally won another game! That's what I'm talking about, 5-2! :lol:

from nhl.com
"Trailing 1-0 in the second period on Wednesday night at the Prudential Center, the Rangers exploded for four unanswered goals, including two on the power play, and coasted past the Devils 5-2 despite playing without an injured Scott Gomez"
Poor Scott, I hope that he feels better before the next game.
Scoring an amazing five goals for us were: Rozsival, Drury, Korpikoski, Zherdev, and Zherdev again. :thumbsup:

I'm happy now because we won. Finally. It seems like such a long time since I've been able to say that. It feels nice. ;)

Next game is Saturday against the Bruins. I will be at the game...in spirit.:(
If you're around MSG near game time and see someone begging her mother to let her go to the game, that's totally me. ;)

^^ HA! What I told about Rangers coming to its senses and getting Korpikoski back from AHL!

Now there's reason for me to follow how they play :p

Alrighty, we won again! 3-2!!

"It was another thrilling evening at MSG on Saturday, as the first-place Rangers roared back from a 2-0 deficit late in the third period, tying the game on a last-minute goal by Markus Naslund before going on to beat Boston 3-2 in a 4-round OT shootout"
Goals by: Korpikoski (that'll make you happy DaWacko ;)), Dawes, Naslund and the shoot-out point by Drury
Can't complain when they make it to the shoot-out because it means they must have kicked some butt during the regular game.
Next game is Monday against the Senators.

I was the happiest camper yesterday because I got to sit outside of Madison Square Garden before the game started. :) It is like the greatest place in the world...ever!
But then I realized that this sucked because all that I could do was sit there because I wasn't allowed to go to the game. :( So I sat there and pouted (and secretly hoped that my mom had bought tickets without telling me, she hadn't). People kept asking if I had tickets to sell and I was like "heck no, I want to buy them!" But I did get a Rangers keychain out of my suffering, so that's good I suppose.
Here's me and one of the people I went with, sitting outside waiting for the game:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u293/speedymeg25/madison.jpg
And here's me standing in front of the MSG sign to prove that I was there:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u293/speedymeg25/rangers.jpg
I look like crap since I'd been walking around since 6:00 that morning and it rained a lot (hence the curly hair) but who cares? :lol:
I can't wait to show all of my pictures from MSG to my friend at church,she's going to be so jealous! :devil:

Alrighty, we won again! 3-2!!
Goals by: Korpikoski (that'll make you happy DaWacko ;)), Dawes, Naslund and the shoot-out point by Drury

Yay! I hope he proves now that his place is in Rangers and they don't send him back to AHL!

Meh, I always forget to check the results in the morning... well Philly had won, Niittymäki was on ice (goalie) - he has played 11 times against Atlanta and always won ;)

And here we go again, Rangers win 2-1 over Ottawa! :)

"There was more high drama at Madison Square Garden on Monday night, and once again the Rangers emerged from an overtime shootout with a win -- their third in a row. The Blueshirts beat Ottawa 2-1 to further pad their Eastern Conference lead"

Goals by Sjostrom in regular play and Zherdev in the shoot-out.
I just now noticed that these were on here, but the "3 Stars of the Game" chosen by the Hockey Writer's Association are: (all 3 from NYR)
1. H. Lundqvist
2. N. Zherdev
3. F. Sjostrom
Yay to those guys!:)

Next game is Wednesday against Vancouver.

And I agree that Korpikoski has carved out his place with the Rangers. I think this is so far the only game he's played with us that he hasn't scored a goal in. He's obviously doing better than some of our big time players are.

If you hear screaming and/or crying, that's me. :scream:
Rangers lost, excuse me, got dominated *shudders* 6-3 against Vancouver.
Say it isn't so? Vancouver??? What happened to my men?
They were doing so well, and now all of a sudden they're like "phbt!"

"After slipping into a 4-0 hole in the second period of Wednesday night's game against the Vancouver Canucks at MSG, the Rangers made it a much closer contest in the third, but could not solve Vancouver goaltender Roberto Luongo and fell 6-3. "

Goals made by: Drury, Voros, and Callahan - Voros & Callahan, don't hear those names too often so glad they got some points in

Well, all I have to say is 3 points is better than when it was 3-0 against us. Maybe I am a good luck charm and need to go back to NY for them to win? Sounds good to me..;)
I guess it was against Luongo, so I forgive the Rangers a bit. That man is crazy!

Next game is Saturday against Ottawa. Didn't we just play them, like Monday? :confused:

I was right, the Rangers had just played Ottawa. Except last time we won, and this time we losted. 4-1 :( Pooey, this put us down to #3 in the standings - behind Boston !?!

from nhl.com
Entering Saturday afternoon's game in Ottawa, the hometown Senators had gone six games without a victory. That streak came to an end, however, as the Sens pumped 36 shots at Blueshirts goaltender Stephen Valiquette on their way to a 4-1 victory.

Our *sob* one goal was scored by Naslund early in the 3rd.
But we only made 19 shots on goal, and I figure that's a pretty low number isn't it?

Where was Lundqvist? Is he tired? sick? hiding from me? ;)
Another example of Valiquette's inexperience in the goal leading to a Rangers loss. I guess when you consider that he stopped 32 of 36 shots then it looks really good, but when you consider it as 4 points, it's not so hot. I just don't think he's ready quite yet.
All in all, I just want my Henrik back! :scream:

Next game is Monday against Phoenix. However, they are currently only ranked 23rd, so maybe we have a slight chance. (but Ottawa was 28th)

Edit: Ok, so I just came home from the local bargain/junk store where other stores send their stuff when they clean out stock, go out of business, etc. Anyways, they had just gotten a huge shippment of NHL jerseys - I'm talking like 200 of them. Not a single Rangers jersey, not 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now am I double upset.

Last edited:
Hallelujah! The Rangers finally won another game!!!!!
4-1 over Phoenix :thumbsup: I'll admit, I was worried, I didn't think we could do it. I now have a restored faith in the Rangers.

"Nikolai Zherdev picked up three primary assists on Monday night, as the Rangers stormed back from an early 1-0 deficit and rolled over the Phoenix Coyotes 4-1 at MSG. Henrik Lundqvist was outstanding in goal, making 35 saves to earn the win. "
Yay my Henrik is back! And they won. *hint, hint coach* :) 35 saves!!!!

Goals by Betts (who I also think's a cutie :p) , Dubinsky, Girardi, and Gomez. Glad to see Scott's back in the action and feeling better.

3 Stars of the Game were: Zherdev, Lundqvist, and Dubinsky.
I bet whatever team we got Zherdev from is wishing they hadn't traded him, cause he has been kicking butt and taking names this season!

Next game is Wednesday against Tampa Bay.
This I'll be a fun game. My cousin, actually my great-second cousin, and I have a Rangers/Lighting rivalry since he lives in Tampa. Let's hope the Rangers beat them, for my sakes. ;)

Yay! We won again : 3-2 over Tampa Bay! :lol:

I came home and the score was tied 1-1. That was okay.
I looked again and it was 2-1 for us. That was really okay.
Then it was 2-2, and it wasn't as okay.
I checked again and we were in overtime with 3 minutes left and I kept thinking "Come on Rangers, score and get it over with!"
But we went into a shootout. I looked away for like 2 minutes, I look back at the scores, and the game was over and we'd won. I was happy! :)

All three of our goals were scored by the officially amazing Markus Naslund, so cheers to him big time! :beer:

And the Rangers are once again NUMBER 1 in the Eastern conference!!!!! Rock on Rangers, Back on top!

Next game is Friday against the Panthers.

If you listen really closely, you can hear the sound of me chearing. Cause the Rangers won another game!!!!!! :lol: 4-3 over Florida
We managed to score, not one, but two goals in under the first four minutes of the game. How amazing is that!
But somehow Florida came back and tied the score in the last few minutes of the game.
Eventually we won though! :beer:

"They had to survive more late-game drama, but at the end Friday night, the Rangers had the same end result as they had two nights earlier -- a big road win in the state of Florida. This time, the Rangers beat the Panthers 4-3 in an overtime shootout."

Goals by: Zherdev, Fritsche, and Voros in regular play and Zherdev in the shootout.

2 of the 3 "Stars of the Game" are Rangers: 1. Zherdev and 2. Voros

Next game is Sunday against...the same team? Sure why not. Panthers - Here we come again! :p

All I have to say is: What?????? :confused: :wtf:
Rangers, what happened? 0-4 aganist Florida? :scream:

The Rangers are officially not allowed to play any games earlier than 7pm, because they usually lose their afternoon games. Maybe the don't get enough practice, maybe they don't get enough beauty sleep?

I have nothing much to say here. Usually, I'd let you all know about goal scorers and whatnot right now. We didn't score any, so I can't tell you about that. None of the three stars of the game were us, so I can't tell you about that either. :( I even dug my Rangers shirt out of the dirty laundry thinking that might help them. Apparently it didn't.

So in lieu of not having anything Ranger related to talk about, I'll resort to spreading the love about other teams. Take that Rangers! >:p

How 'bout those Bruins? They've been scoring quite a few goals in their last few games. I think it's 11 points in 2 games. Very impressive.
And how about my Sidney Crosby? He scored 3 of Pittsburgh's 4 goals in last nights game, giving him his 2nd career hat trick. Also very impressive, and he's such a cutie pie ;).

Next Rangers game is Wednesday against Pittsburgh. I have no comment.

Last edited:
*singing* We beat the Penguins, We beat the Penguins! :lol:
3-2 Rangers in a shootout! Yes!
I'm not going to lie, I was very nervous about this game and I figured we were going to lose. Way to prove me wrong Rangers! :p
I was so worried that I was checking the scores in between being sick (I have food poisioning :(). But it paid off, so it's all good.

"Since the start of the season, the Rangers have known their biggest obstacle in the Atlantic Division would be Pittsburgh. On Wednesday night at MSG, the Blueshirts roared back from a 2-0 deficit to beat the Pens -- again -- in an OT shotout, 3-2"

Goals by: Zherdev, Prucha (that's a name you don't hear often ;)) and Naslund in the shootout
Lundqvist made 29 out of 31 saves, so I figure that's pretty good. Actually, it's very good: cause we won the game!
Sorry Sidney ;)

Next game is tomorrow against the Canadiens.

Well, my singing about the Rangers winning has come to an abrupt end. They lost, a miserable 6-2 to the Canadiens. :wtf:
I kind of figured we were going down the drain when the score was 3-0 against us in just the first period.

"Coming off a big divisional win over Pittsburgh on Wednesday, the first-place Rangers ran into a hot Montreal Canadiens team at the Bell Centre and fell 6-2 on Thursday night."

Goals made by Naslund and Dawes.
Lundqvist seemed to be a bit off his game tonight.
Obviously he made saves during the game, six is just quite a few to miss. But I still love him either way. :lol:
I haven't decided yet if Montreal just did really, really good or if the Rangers just did really, really bad. :confused:

Next game is Sunday against Calgary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back