Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

That whole scene made me cringe... Like WHY?!?!?!

I have to say, had Adam said it I would have found it totally adorable (AJ would have just sold it for me), but she isn't geeky enough to to make it work for her character.

She wasn't being funny or outrageously obnoxious to make someone laugh... she did in fact said it to herself... hmmmm...

Stella just happened to walk in.

I'm going to be very 'If a tree falls and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?' about it...

She said it to air... therefore she never really said it.

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: That is priceless. Couldn't have said it any better.

And yeah ...

:guffaw: Excellent point there!

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think these kinds of observations definitely work against Lindsay's character. Take the episode "Sweet 16" (at least, I'm pretty sure it's that episode): Lindsay makes some snarky comment about the birthday girl getting a car for her birthday and how she was glad to drive her mom's Pinto or something like that. OK, all well and good except for the fact that the birthday girl's father was dead in the car! How insensitive and obnoxious can you be, really? :rolleyes:

It's little stuff like that that makes Lindsay a totally odious and hateful character.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Jealous much, Lindsay? :rolleyes: She didn't care that the girl's father was dead in the car. Lindsay was just pissed that this girl got a brand new car and she had to settle for her mom's hand me down. I have to say it though, I loved it when that cobra latched onto her hand but then I was disappointed to read up on them and discover that only 50% of cobra bites contain venom. :p

Her jealousy over a car makes me wonder how she'd react if Danny and Rikki hooked up. Granted, Danny and Lindsay were never a couple but I'm thinking she'd be extremely jealous of Rikki because she'd have what Lindsay wanted. I can see Lindsay being not-so-nice to Rikki and Rikki having no clue what her problem is.

5. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

Hi gang!
    I've been lurking around here for a while, and I just have to put my 2 cents in for the "what to do with Lindsey" line of thought.

Now, some have suggested death. The lobotomy idea was pretty cool. But lately, I've been toying with another idea.

Is anyone else on this board old enough to remember the old Dallas "Bobby in the shower"?

It has been many a long year since this happened, but basically, the actor who played Bobby on this vastly popular night time soap wanted off the show. I'm pretty sure that the character died in a fiery car crash or something similar. The next season (Bobby-less) was just full of crazy nutbar kind of antics and the fans were all whining to get Bobby back.

In the next season opener, Bobby's wife wakes in their bed having had the most awful dream. Her loving husband had died! <ack!> But wait, we hear the shower, she walks into the bathroom, pulls aside the shower curtain....voila!... Bobby is taking a shower and the entire last year was nothing but a horrible dream!

Now, this is drastic soap opera stuff. But I tell you, I'm so fed up with Miss Lindsey that I for one would welcome such a rapid reset of the CSI: NY story line.

Think about it. Danny could wake one morning in his bed after an awful nightmare about some strange crazy ass teenage angst chick named Lindsey. :eek: :eek:

Danny could be sleeping alone or snuggled in next to his adoring girlfriend/wife Rikki. I don't care (dealers choice).

It would be hysterical if Danny spent the season opener telling anyone who would listen about the crazy dream he had. :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Can't you see Flack giving him a WTF look? Mac just shaking his head and saying "Why would I hire someone like that? Danny, maybe you should take a couple of days off."

History wise, all of the cases happened just as they happened, but NO LINDSEY! Heck, we could even bring Aiden or Ruben back from the dead if we want. If we bring back Ruben, Danny could go into Super Over Protective mode and drive Ruben nuts.

Danny swears off pastromi sandwiches at 3AM for all time because he never wants to risk have a similar nightmare in the future!

TaDa!

Unfortunately, TPTB will never go for it. But the idea just gives me such delight. We get to make like she was never there! No "This is hard" or "It's a Montana thing, you wouldn't understand", and dozens of other Lindsey-isms that make so many scenes simply painful to watch. No more dead fish eyes!!! <sigh>

As we watch old episodes, we can merrily say to ourselves, "Oh, this little bit with Lindsey was just Danny's food induced nightmare!":devil::devil::devil:

So, what do you think? Any other suggestions on how to "reset" the story line sans Lindsey?

6. privatename

privatename Rookie

Sadly, I am. Although I was quite young and not allowed to watch Dallas :) I do remember hearing about it.

I like the way you think -- and it would be great to be able to pretend Lindsay never existed, but, as great as it would be if that happened, you said it yourself, it never will. Plus, talk about soap opera. I don't know that we can ever "reset" the story sans Lindsay, so for me it would be great if they would just get rid of her. She can board a plane to Montana after leaving a note for everyone or something. No big good-bye scene since she wouldn't be able to handle it well - just let her slip off into the night back to her cows, wheatfields and walks in the rain.

7. Top41

Heh, I used to love Dallas! I didn't see the Bobby dream season, but it's infamous. Lindsay being Danny's bad dream would be hilarious. :lol: I doubt we'd ever be that lucky though, alas. Flack and Rikki need to team up to rescue Danny from the emotionally abusive Lindsay.

I don't even think it was jealousy so much as it was a "spoiled little rich girl" comment. Which, I'm sorry, is so incredibly tasteless and offensive when the girl's father is dead in that car. It's a hateful thing to say, but then Lindsay is a hateful character.

Rikki's return pretty much guarantees two things: Lindsay will find out Danny slept with Rikki and Lindsay will have a meltdown over it. I just hope that means Danny and Lindsay will be done for good, and on Danny's terms. I'd like to see him choose Rikki over Lindsay--to choose someone who thinks he's a "sweet man" over someone who claims he's "hard to love."

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'd like to see that too. How could anybody think Danny is hard to love EXCEPT for Lindsay who only wants Danny on her terms. :rolleyes: Rikki respects Danny which is something Lindsay would never be able to do.

It was a hateful thing to say and something Lindsay shouldn't have even been thinking about. Apparently she has no sympathy for anybody over any situation.

Oh yes, I remember it. I never watched Dallas though. I was in high school when that aired.:wtf: It would be wonderful it the entire Lindsay mess could have been all a dream for Danny OR maybe Flack's worst nightmare.:devil:

9. Top41

^ :lol: Totally Flack's worst nightmare! :lol: Imagine how happy Flack would be to wake up and find out Lindsay didn't exist! :lol:

It just amuses me to no end, this contrast: Rikki could easily hold Danny responsible for Ruben's death but she doesn't, while Lindsay blows him off for three episodes while he's dealing with major emotional fallout from something pretty traumatic for him because he didn't turn to her to talk about his feelings. :rolleyes:

Lindsay doesn't care about anybody but Lindsay.

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: If the writers ever choose to go the route of the DL fiasco being nothing more than a fleeting nightmare for Danny, that'll be the most LOL-tastic plot in CSI TV show history! (I wouldn't mind watching it though.)

Gyraaaah, I brain-bleached myself of that particular moment because it was just so heinous. Dude, a man and father is dead and his corpse is right there and all Lindsay can do is comment on how spoiled the dead man's daughter is? Nice, real nice. :rolleyes:

Totally second this. :cool:

1csimfan and I discussed this once; one scenario we came up with is that whatever's going on between Danny and Lindsay may officially end when Lindsay finds out about Rikki and Danny tells her they should just be friends. Now, considering Lindsay's already told Danny she wants to 'get over it' and told Mac it was 'so stupid of her to ever get involved with Danny', there's the chance we may actually see a more, dare I say it, mature side of Lindsay. I'll be impressed if the writers go this route though. So far, Lindsay's been very self-absorbed and hypocritical, so for her to suddenly turn all 'nice' may be veering into out-of-character territory.

Then again, Lindsay's character was never well-developed to begin with. :p As people have mentioned in this thread, the only thing about her that seems constant is her selfishness. So, 1csimfan and I conjectured that Lindsay might end up trivializing Ruben's death/Rikki's pain during their talk. We already have proof Lindsay doesn't think twice about making tasteless/offensive remarks about dead people, so who knows ... Lindsay might very well run her mouth off and say something rude about Ruben or Rikki. Based on the way Danny reacted when Ollie did that in episode 4x13, yeah, I can see Danny getting really pissed off and finally 'realizing Lindsay's not all he thought she was'.

What do you guys think?

Gee, what a difficult choice to make. :rolleyes: :lol:

11. Top41

Nothing would be more gratifying than seeing someone call Lindsay on her self-centeredness. I think it would be great if Danny would do it, because he's done so much for her and gone out of his way to be kind and understanding to her when she needed it--and she did very little for him. i give her credit for calling in Flack to take care of Danny in "All in the Family," but this is Danny we're talking about. He's an emo waterworks. :lol: He needed someone to be there for him emotionally and she wasn't. Yeah, he walked away from her that first time (or was walking out of the room when she came in, whatever), but it's not like she tried at all on screen (and that's all we've got to go by) before just turning on him in "Right Next Door."

I'm digressing. I'd love to see Danny realize "she's not all he thought she was" and tell her he's done with her. Who knows? It might make her grow up a little, and we all know she could use that. :lol:

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Indeed, what a fantastic present that would be in season five!

Yeah, and based on Carmine's statement of 'Danny eventually finding out Lindsay's not who he thought she was' and that 'he's already looking elsewhere', it's very likely Danny will be the one to call her out on it. Danny's been her prop for so long too! It is only apt that he will be the one to tell Lindsay off and stop the propping business once and for all.

:lol: And remember the way she flickered her eyelids after lying to Mac about Danny? I doubt she was worried about Danny then so much as her being irritated she had to lie to their boss because of him. She made sure he felt the brunt of her indignation later on, didn't she?

Hear, hear! :thumbsup:

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yes. Someone needs to call her out on her selfishness and jealousy. I agree that it should be Danny, because that would be a nice way to end the propping/unstaple her from him.

I still can't get over the scene from Snow Day at the end when she takes Danny to the Medics. She practically snatched him away from Flack, like "He's MINE!" So it'd be nice to see him really tell her off, and see that she was not all he thought she was.

Perhaps the ensuing meltdown would make her grow up, or even better, shoot her all the way back to Montana. One can only hope.

14. CSItaylorgirl

CSItaylorgirl Dead on Arrival

is this thread full of Flack/ Danny shippers, because it seems to be.

15. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. I'm pretty sure there are people here who ship and don't ship all kinds of pairings. The only thing we have in common is that we've all collectively agreed, and fairly aptly I might add, come up with several sound reasons as to why we don't link Lindsay. Many of which have little if anything to do with any other cast member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.