Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I Can't believe that Langston's gone, but anyway, BRING ON NEXT SEASON!!!

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm on board with making Marc Vann a series regular....especially if Ecklie's daughter is coming to the Vegas lab....maybe Ecklie ends up being demoted because of all the Haskell/Langston mess to a CSI and has to work with his daughter. and it's already been established the problems between them

that might make it more soap opera like but it could work as a more realistic story as opposed to a new serial killer...make it more about the characters and their working relationships

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Not a bad idea, or maybe even Sofia

Though I have little confidence right now that tptb will listen to us :(

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

As someone suggested earlier, if TPTB are determined to bring in a "name" to replace Fishburne, they should go the "Rossi:CM" route and have a character who's seen and done it all, still loves the job but doesn't want to be boss.

----

As long as we're referring to CM, I'd like to point out that Langston's exit can be covered the same way the Elle Greenaway character was dispatched from CM: he's cleared of the crime but leaves on his own, knowing that at least three other characters (Brass, Cath and Sara) know/suspect the truth.

As for bringing in a "name" actor who won't overpower the established cast, how about two guys from the Trek universe: Michael Dorn or LeVar Burton?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  5. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Okay... I'm a few pages late to the party (having terrible computer problems, which is why I've been mostly MIA for a month or so)... so some of my comments might be on topics that were already dropped.

First of all... I am so happy that there won't be anymore Langston... I tried to like him, I really did... but I found that I usually ended up either scrolling through Twitter on my phone, or talking to my dogs during his scenes. Fishburne is a great actor, but you can only do so much with a dull character... especially when the character isn't written to be dull, but rather comes off that way no matter what they try to do.

Next... as for the whole who should lead/should they bring in a new name to lead... I'm not a fan of Nick, never really got into his character. Even so, I think he would be perfect for the lead male. He may not be a big household name in the realm of TV actors (he may be... I don't generally follow actors... so who's got a big name and who doesn't, I couldn't tell you... last actor I knew was a 'big name' was Jonathan Taylor Thomas back like 16 years ago when I was 12)... but I really do think he'd be excellent at leading the show. People are more likely to be attracted to a lead that they have an emotional investment in, than a lead who just plops into the series without a past.

Lastly... I'd noticed a few comments about the potential for Sara to do an investigation of her own into Langston, based on her separation from the others at the end of the finale and also that she was brought to Vegas to investigate Warrick. I think it would be interesting for her to ask Grissom to come run an investigation on Langston... seeing as he would likely be able to look at it from an outside perspective since he doesn't really know him.

Oh... and then Sqweegel could take care of him :lol:

6. byline

byline CSI Level One

I agree with this. That's one of the reasons why I liked the way they introduced Langston. He was a newbie who had vast experience in other fields, but not criminal forensics, and so as he was learning, we got to learn with him. Very much like early seasons of "CSI" (before we seemed to know it all).

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Shane and Speedy & others who posted this. I guess I probably the biggest fan of him on this board, and was in shock and disbelief and heartsick after reading this. I was a zombie yesterday and couldn't even think straight after finding out this devastating news. I was a huge WP fan and hestitant and resistant to LF coming on CSI. I was a fan, but not over the moon on him, till he walked in in "19 Down". His whole persona, mannerisms his expressions, his deep seductive voice, blew me away. I was hooked and the more I saw him the more I liked him. His range of emotions from sweet, soft spoken and gentle, to irritated and ticked off and insubordinate, to full on rage and anger:eek:The layers of this great actor were remarkable. He was brilliant, but never pushy or bossy. But, the thing I enjoyed the most was his constant camrederie with the other team members. How he embraced them and them him, from the onset. It was absoutely genuine and inspirational. I wish him the best of everything as he moves on in his career and life. Thank's Laurence for the honor and gift of your presence. It was a joy and a treat to see you on a weekly basis:bolian:

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

This Chicago Tribune article lists some possible replacements: http://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...hburne-leaving-csi-7-20110608,0,1421043.story

None of them ring a bell with me except for Jesse L. Martin. I thought he was wonderful on Law & Order and wouldn't mind seeing him find a home on another crime procedural.

Also saw this article, which is complimentary about Fishburne and, I think, a pretty good assessment of the situation (the crack about Charlie Sheen near the end is funny): http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ill_with_departure_from_cbs_csi_as_dr_ra.html

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I like that article. It did a rather good assessment of the Langston Era while still being complimentary to LF.

To be honest, I feeling rather invigorated for next season. Just the whole mystery of how they're going to continue makes me want to tune in more than I wanted last summer.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Maybe CBS is courting William Petersen now to come back to CSI? It's a long shot but it's worth trying. Maybe he'll agree if next season will be the final season.

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

You know who I would love to see on the show: Wentworth Miller. He can handle a one hour drama and he's not necessarily a name that would pull a large chunk of money

He's been doing a lot screenwriting lately so a tv job might not be what he wants but I'd still love to see it.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's byline that's about the best article I've read on this dreadful situation. Very fair and balanced. I remember like last November I said "I don't think LF's coming back anymore" maybe a premonition of sorts, but pushed it aside when I read how "he was having a great time, and how he "LOVED IT". And on WP, he's making a movie right now with Steve Carell and has stated time and time again, "DONE" with CSI, and Marg has said that as well. That's like LF all of a sudden going "Oh, I want to come back", a 99-1 possiblity of either one of those things happening:rolleyes: here's what Billy said on the reason he left..again~~

http://www.csifiles.com/content/2009/11/petersen-there-was-nothing-more-i-could-do

AND

http://www.csifiles.com/news/150306_01.shtml

13. cb1992

cb1992 Civilian

I'm excited for the new season. I'm just hoping that there is continuation and Ray gets a final appearance, not just a mention in passing like CSI: NY

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Those are all people I could see coming to the show. I already thought of Dylan McDermott because of "Dark Blue". He was really great in that.

15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

You know, my initial reaction was to scream and cheer. I was at a Phillies game when I heard the news after all! And that's a shame. Fish is a good actor, but the way they wrote Langston flat out sucked. He went from being a bumbling yet cute rookie to a know-it-all-solving-all-cases "experienced" CSI in less than a year. It was ridiculous and silly looking because in no profession would that ever happen.

Then came Raskell. Talk about a plot device that was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overused. I found myself getting the twitches just thinking of Haskell (who, again, was a really good character).

In a way, this could be good for the show. Get a fresh start. Let George lead. What's the point in spending tons of money on people who are huge names? The initial cast members weren't THAT huge, and look at how well it worked. Go back to the old CSI that just solved cases week by week. When you start making things personal for characters, it tends to turn people away.

I'm wondering if they are gonna turn up the heat on Marg to stay now. Losing the male and female lead could be devastating to a show...We will see, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.