Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

"Gum Drops". Should have been Nick's from the start due to the plot line. Turned out to be one of the best episodes ever, in my admittedly biased opinion. ;)

2. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Gum Drops. That was a weird episode, but it worked better as a Nick Vehicle than a Grissom one, I agree.

Except for the dropped subplot of Greg snoring ;)

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

According to Anthony Zuiker the creator [it was here on our news files] he stated that worldwide 73.8 million viewers tune in weekly to watch CSI. So that's mega fans. It looks like the writers go by the majority of what the fans want, and all sites have fans who don't like someone, or something about the show. I'm sure they have spies or people who report the big picture, of what fans want and like or don't. If what was happening wasn't a hit or a go, then they would take that into consideration and deal with it on that level.;)I'm a long time fan [11 years] and love the show and how it's progressed to the level of excitement that it has, and we're going into S/12, HOORAY!

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Being as not every country gets to see new episodes every week like the United States during the season (I believe most places in Europe don't get new installments on their stations until December, whereas in Asia and other places its normally February; France still hasn't seen any of season eleven), that number is more like a season end total. Now, quite a few years ago, CSI was getting 30 million+ viewers a week in the United States ("Ch-Ch Changes" broke records with its numbers and "Grave Danger" did pretty spectacular as well; I think around season seven is when ratings started circulating around the 25 million area).

I'm trying to recall if CSI had any episodes around the 20 million viewer mark this past season. Anyone have an answer to that?

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The recent decline in US TV ratings aren't enough evidence? Some countries might still airing seasons with Grissom. And don't expect 73 million people to come here and celebrate the love for Ray!

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Wow! They used my comment ;)

HECK NO!!

Promos and Carol M. definately have one thing in common, both are good at exaggerating things

I'm just plain MAD about it, really to fix this they need to get rid of both Ray and Brass, sorry

ETA: ^ Hopefully yes, the writers and everyone else at CBS will WAKE UP and FINALLY GET THE MESSAGE

One can only hope

And vegaslights no the highest had like 14 maybe 15 million viewers

8. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

What's frustrating to me is posters who assume that "most/loyal/long-time fans" hate Ray. I've watched the show from the beginning too. Does it make me disloyal to like Ray? If all the "loyal" fans hate Ray, who the hell is watching the show? Who made the #10 show in terms of number of viewers? The casual, force-of-habit viewers? I think not!

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I agree with your comment very much.

That's why I said "most" not All. And I didn't say anything about fans hating Ray or liking Ray means disloyal. Geez.

Who the hell is watching the show? Of course not all of them are watching for Ray! The show still has Catherine, Nick, Greg, Sara, Brass, Hodges and Doc Robbins.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree I think "GRAVE DANGER" drew in 27 million, but things change, There is so much competition now next to how it used to be, I guess also you'd have to get in touch with Anthony not Carol or her too. I'm just going by what is posted from him on the viewers base, it's not my opinion, but this news is from him. I don't know why they switched it from Thurs. to Wed. And at 10 at that, why not 8:00 or still 9:00, I'm sure they've got their reasons. I just have enjoyed CSI from the beginning till now, "nothing stays the same", unfortunately.:(

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well here lately CSI struggled with Bones, it being right after Idol probably doesn't help, plus the last few weeks of s11 CSI came in 2nd to Bones in the total viewers category :(

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'll freely admit that as of this year, I am solely watching the show for Greg. If Eric were to leave, there is not enough interest in the show for me anymore to keep watching. Prior to it becoming so Ray heavy I would have responded differently.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Laurence Fishburne is LEAVING!

:eek: :eek:

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh this had better not be a joke, Mr. Shane!!!!! Because I'm not ashamed to say it....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sources confirm to me that this is the real deal (Deadline broke the story first). I should have some statements by tonight/tomorrow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.