Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

They will probably move the CSI reruns to Wednesday on July 6th. Big Brother takes over CSI's timeslot when it premieres on July 7th, so that would be the best time to make the swap.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

According to article posted on CSI Files...
    Okay, now I liked "Sqweegel" but must we have another serial killer arc again? Can they not come up with a season without a serial killer anymore? I can stand Sqweegel for one, maybe even two more episode, but please, please do not overdo it and pull another Haskell, where they had it too much and made us bored with him after awhile.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed. And most of all....don't make it personal!!! :scream:

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

This is the part of the interview I found interesting:

So... Morgan is still going to be in LA? But is a regular? :wtf:

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Hmm, I didn't really read that good before but that is rather confusing. What does that mean? The show will become CSI: LV & LA?

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Maybe she's just talking about what Morgan was before she became a regular. But the fact that she says we'll "see her often" sounds like she won't even be full part of the team. What's with this show lately?? :wtf: I'm getting tired of these part-time now she's/he's here now she's/he's not team members. Is it that hard to find an actor or actress who would like to join the CSI show full time??

7. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Weird, maybe it's not the actors or actresses that want to be part time? Maybe it's TPTB that think that's the only way they can save money :confused:

I was counting on Morgan being a normal team member in Vegas, but now who knows. I also agree with everybody's statements on Sweegel, just a couple of episodes please. :rolleyes:

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, according to marketing research (and I think this is probably waaay outdated and needs to be researched more), in general, those in the 18-49 age bracket have more disposable income that they're willing to spend on a whim -- as in, on impulse that's generated by advertising -- than those in the older demographics are. That's why capturing the highest Nielsen ratings in the 18-49 demo is considered so prized; advertisers feel they are getting the most bang for their buck. And, for that reason, the network can charge higher ad rates for slots in those shows which pull in the highest numbers in that demo. It's all about money, on both sides of the fence. It's not just about the total number of people watching, but also the total number of people watching who, advertisers believe, are the most likely to spend money on their products. As long as there is the belief that 18- to 49-year-olds are the most desirable demographic, that won't change.

Of course, with DVRs and other ways of bypassing ads altogether, I'm not sure how much longer this model will last.

9. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

This sounds like a CSI: LA spin off is possibly in the works for when the flag ship series finally bites the dust. Maybe some of the current cast members will eventually move to LA?

* I was replying to a few of the earlier comments, but Byline snuck in there before my post went through. lol

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

Well, we saw how well that worked for the "Law & Order" franchise.

Oops, sorry!:)

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'm totally confused about Morgan, it would make sense for her to move and join the team in Vegas, unless she goes back and forth like Sara does

But Carol said it so who knows

12. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I agree with your interpretation. If there's indecision on Morgan whether she is going to be a part- or full-time character, this may be a strong hint that TPTB are planning on JF re-signing and hedging their bets on LF not re-signing.

13. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

Maybe they're testing the character of Morgan to see how she plays with the audience before moving her to Vegas full-time?

After all, the show's fans have not been kind to newbies, so this may be their way of easing her onto the show.

14. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I don't think that it's the fans that haven't been kind to newbies, but that we haven't been given a chance to get to know the new characters fully before they're pulled from the show. I kinda liked some of the characters that have been presented but have since been relegated to former status. It seems that tptb are either too skittish to leave anyone around long enough for us to bond with them, or they push too hard to make us like someone. Either way, it makes it hard to create the ties that make us want to watch that character long term.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

*** From the new TV Guide, dated May 30-June 5***

FINALE BURNING QUESTIONS

CSI..Will Langston ever be the same again after committing murder?

Internal Affairs won't be the only problem for Laurence Fishburne's CSI after murdering serial killer Nate Haskell, "Once Langston crosses over and accesses the violence within..stares his own demons in the face..how does he go on"?, asks exec. producer Don McGill. "This isn't just a quandry for Langston, it's a quandry for the whole team. Expect tension among the core group of CSI's as they grapple with what the evidence told them". In their hearts, I think they all knew what really happened in that house", says McGill. "Next year will be a challenge for the team to deal with the fallout, each one carries with them their own doubts, misgivings and feelings about what to what extent there is a conflict between their duties as CSI's and their obligations to a member of their family". The good news is that , for now, the entire team..including Marg Helgenberger..will be there to tackle the dilemma. "As far as I know, Marg will be back", says McGill. "Then we'll have discussions about where she wants her character to go and whether she'll be eventually leaving sometime next season"~

Contributors:William Keck, Michael Logan, Shawna Malcom, Carita Rizzo, Ileane Rudolph, Megan Walsh-Boyle and Chris Willman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.