Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

CBS and TPTB have been giving Marg the full star treatment lately. The trip to Paris with all the personal appearances to promote CSI, being a presenter on the upcoming Tony awards on CBS and various magazine articles.
    I think there may be a message for Marg here: "Are you sure you want to give all this up?" :cool:
    LaSquisita

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I would love to see how this affects Nick, Sara, Catherine, Greg and Brass - not just Ray.

3. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

And they said Chris Meloni was all but a lock for the season.

Look, I'm NOT saying they WON'T be back, I'm saying NO ONE knows. Anyone who claims they know is wrong. The negotiations aren't done yet. Heck, I know for a fact Jorja's aren't done yet. So while it looks likely that she (and Marg) will be back, until that's signed and locked, it's a maybe. Don't put your eggs before your cart :)

Realistic expectations.

LaSquisita nailed it, though. CBS is totally trying to sweet talk Marg into staying :) If she does, though, we won't know for probably another couple weeks. Normally we get locked down contracts in June.

Then again, Jorja and George were fired in July once...

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I did notice that too, and in reality she has known Ray the shortest period of time. That could affect how *loyal* she feels toward things. The only difference is that Grissom requested her to investigate Warrick, whereas here she might do it on her own.

I agree with points of both of you in these regards.

As far as the team having to deal with the consequences, I'm hoping that this means they will deal with their own issues with Ray over what he did and how to handle it, but not against each other. It would break my heart to see the core group at loggerheads with each other, thanks to the doings of one man.

To the PTB, please, please, please don't let Nick take Ray's side in this fiasco, knowing that it was murder! I'm okay that Nick said to Ray the part about saving Gloria's life being all that mattered, but I truly think that when Nick said that, he was positive that Ray was acting in true self defense. I'm very happy that Nick basically had no interaction with the evidence in the interior of the house, and that everything he did was outside or in another area. And for heaven's sake, if Ray does go out in the field, don't make it always Nick that has to be partnered with him!!! :rolleyes:

I'm worried that this could turn into a men vs. women in the team if the writers screw around too much.

I can't help but think what an interesting contrast and similarity this is to the finale of The Mentalist though, when Jane killed Red John, after saying for years that he was going to. That has to be dealt with too, but I sort of respect Jane more than I respect Langston. I think the part that ticked me off the most was Ray removing the cuffs.

:guffaw::guffaw: Your first comment is too funny, but I do agree with the seriousness of your comment about Ray and any hipocrisy that might occur.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I don't know if this means anything or not since last year George signed 2 days before they started filming and I remember a story that NY had 4 episodes written with the character of Stella in them when MK didn't sign. But CBS has released a 'one sheet' for season 12. It lists everyone we had last season but I don't know if it means that everyone has signed yet. (Rather interesting that the CBS press department can't spell 'Sidel'! :lol:)

[​IMG]

Susan

6. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for posting that Blackflag! That's pretty funny actually. If you're going to be an employee of CBS, at least read up on your shows, or do a spell check before submitting. :lol:

I've been wondering lately about our contract statuses, especially with the talk of Thomas Gibson not signing for Criminal Minds yet. I hope they get everybody announced soon, it's one of those things I've been waiting for. ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Amazing and the show has only been on 11 years

Agreed ladybronco

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It's hard to believe that CBS and the CSI honches haven't as of yet made any announcements about the cast signing up for S/12:confused:If they in fact start filming in July for S/12, this is really getting close to the wire. It's June 6th and still no news? Hey vegaslights any news that you've heard yet? It seems that they have all made a commitment, as the TV Guide saying the "core group", which to me means all of them will be involved in the IA investigation and the was it "self defense or murder":wtf:

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Last year, Marg didn't sign a new contract until July. These things have a weird way of working out (or not working out).

10. Desertwind

Thank's vegaslights I thought they were all in negotiations in May or early June? Apparently not huh?:confused:

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, yeah, they're negotiating. But that doesn't mean they signed yet. The writers just started back at work last week so I'm sure we'll be hearing news pretty soon. ;)

12. Desertwind

The writers started back to work? That's odd isn't it? How can they write when there is no cast yet? Seems backwards. I have a gut feelng from earlier *spoiler* news that the major core of the cast will indeed sign up. And it is a bit shameful that they don't don't how to spell SIDLE yet:rolleyes:or was this just a big TYPO:confused:

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not odd at all... it's like this every year. Writers start back the first week in June and filming starts around the third week in July. CSI isn't the only show with actors' contracts in limbo either. The Criminal Minds writers got back to work last Tuesday and their lead star Thomas Gibson still doesn't have a contract. Another high-profile show is House with its original star Jesse Spencer still not signed for another season. The writers for that show started back up last week.

14. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Which is why the first couple eps of the 'new' replacement character are weird ;) They basically get the lines the departed actor had.

15. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

I can't recall the name of the episode, but CSI ran one that had been originally written as a Grissom lead but when there was a death in William Petersen's family, it was hastily rewritten for Nick Stokes.
    Worked out really well.
    LaSquisita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.