Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. byline

byline CSI Level One

I see some possibilities here, but really I think Brass's role in this would be fairly minor, as far as Sqweegel is concerned. His focus would be on Ray, since Ray was the one who got away with murder. (Did Sqweegel target others besides the primary individual who carried out a crime? I can't remember.)

Anyway, the way I see this playing out is: Sqweegel pays Ray a visit. Ray knows what's coming, but instead of begging for his life or trying to justify what he did, he treats Sqweegel as a sort of confessor and agrees that what he did was wrong -- on many levels -- and that he deserves to die. Sqweegel doesn't know what to do with that, since he's accustomed to his victims doing whatever they can to be allowed to live. So, rather than killing Ray, he lets him live. Ray sees this as a second chance, a new lease on life, and starts anew.

Or Sqweegel just kills him. Either way, I hope that if Sqweegel is, indeed, brought into this story arc, it's as a bookend on the final chapter of a too-long story.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This isn't a spoiler, but I didn't know where else to put it.

Here's the Fall CBS schedule courtesy of TVLine.com. The only CSI change is the Mothership moves to Wednesday (bolded are new shows):

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Saw the news on Twitter and wanted to come see what everyone thought.

I actually think moving the show could be a good thing. Having a strong lead in like Criminal Minds could bring some news eyes to the show that maybe didn't watch before...and being at 10PM could afford the writers the chance to go a little darker with the cases....

Thoughts?

4. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

I think it's CSI's last chance. If it doesn't perform, it'll be cut.

(I like it being on Wednesdays, though. Works better for my schedule!)

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

This could be a huge move for CSI. I know the ratings have been down, but the rating have been down all across the board. CSI is in no danger of cancellation. It survived the end of Grissom, Warrick, a long Sara departure, and was still the #11 show of the season, and #5 scripted, only behind NCIS, NCIS: LA, The Mentalist, and Criminal Minds averaging over 13 million viewers. That's incredible for a decade + old show.

Fans will follow the show to Wednesday and the Criminal Minds people will stick around to watch because there's definitely a lot of overlap anyway. CSI could be gearing up for another decade.

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I don't really care what time it's at...I'm glad it's back and I hope all our favorites are back...

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Well, I don't have to watch tv on Thursday night any more. I already watch Criminal Minds so in that respect 10 pm on Wednesday night is ok. My problem will be staying up till 11 on a Wednesday night which was my problem when NY was on Wednesday. There were several episodes this season that if they were on at 10 pm I would have been asleep half way through!

Susan

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

blackflag, I also watch Criminal Minds so now I will actually have something to watch after.

My mom might have a problem cause she usually watches L&O:SVU at 10 on Wednesdays....but half the time she falls asleep while watching so oh well

9. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Well then we'll know if the ratings are low it's because you guys couldn't stay awake...:lol:

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

:) This was a computer malfunction not me trying to post twice...

Don't want Big Bird to yell at me...

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  11. byline

byline CSI Level One

We're on Atlantic time, so unfortunately, this means that "CSI" won't come on till 11 p.m. here. Guess we'll have to set our VCR to tape on Wednesday nights now, because I can't see staying up till midnight to watch the show.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, the time slot will work for me and my work schedule. I won't have to miss the first 10-minutes anymore. :lol:

I hate that all the care about is the demo 18-49 age. I mean CSI consistently wins the viewers overall. You'd think the advertisers would like to know that CSI has more people watching their dang commercials, then the other shows do.:rolleyes:

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, I'm going to like having it all on Wednesday, I guess...Survivor, Criminal Minds, and then CSI (DVRing The Middle and Modern Family ;) ). Still, I don't watch 10:00 shows live usually, so that will take some getting used to. It's gonna seem weird not having CSI Thursday night tho.

14. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Quite a powerhouse lineup for Wednesday. Could it become the new Thursday? I don't know what is the premise behind Thursday being such a prime night..

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thursday nights are important for advertisers. It's a nice plum spot for companies to advertise all of the weekend sales. Means more money in most cases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.