"Unleashed" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

William Petersen has even stated that, while he didn't feel anything sexual happened between Grissom and Heather, he was sure the two have a very close friendship.

I doubt he got up every morning to call her. It's probably a sporadic thing. Two friends checking up on each other to see how they're doing. Something innocent, but could be construed as otherwise.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

The writers just can't seem to stop piling the crap onto Sara. I suspect she (and GSR) will endure, but it's annoying. And, mostly, it's uncalled for. I'm not a big fan of LH, and it looks like this episode won't change my mind. For me, she wore out her welcome long ago.
    I really, really wish Catherine were there with Sara instead of Ray.
    Or, maybe we could see that right hook of Sara's again. That would certainly make it all worthwhile. :)

3. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Why is it so hard for some to accept that men and women can just be friends!?

Why can’t Gil and Heather drop each other a line once in a while via email or pick up the phone to say hi? I’d like to imagine that Gil and Catherine also are in touch every now and then.

I see Gil & Heather as friends in the true sense of the word. They’ve both been there for each other when they were at extreme low points in their life. Those are the kind of friendships that can last a lifetime.

If Heather had wanted to go after Gil she had plenty of opportunity to do so. But she didn’t.

Funny how the same people worried about Heather & Gil (who aren’t even in the same place) aren’t bothered that Sara is getting flowers from another guy?! Double standards are alive and well.

I hope that tomorrow’s episode shows two strong, confident and classy women. I personally can’t get exited over grown women behaving like bratty, jealous 15 year olds:eek:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, I can certainly buy that Grissom and Heather are just friends, and I think that's all they are. But clearly the writers always like to imply that there is somethiing else to their relationship. And that is what's so annoying, and childish on their part. The end scene of LOATR is a good example. It was a great episode til then. The final scene was unnecessarily provocative and didn't fit with the rest of the episode, IMO. Staying at Heather's was fine; closing the door was a cheap way to get the fans riled up.
    As far as the flowers, it's a little different because Gil and LH have a history; we don't know anything about this day shift guy, yet.
    I'm still hoping that Heather and Sara will rise above it all. I highly doubt they will ever be friends, but I'd like to think they have a mutual respect for each other. Surely, Gil has talked to Sara about Heather, but in the promos Sara seems surprised about her being a therapist; so who knows.
    For GSR fans, LH is our version of 'Nate Haskell': she keeps coming back. I know she has fans, and I'm happy for them; but for me she's old news, and I wish tptb would stop with the Gil/Sara/LH tension. I had hopes for this episode; I guess we'll see soon enough.

5. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

It's unrealistic to think that Grissom communicates exclusively with Sara. He does know other people--his mother, friends, former colleagues, etc. He once told Lady Heather that she was an anthropologist, so it stands to reason he would share the research he's doing in Peru with her.

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Found a link for Canadian and other non US people :)

ETA: I don't think Sara and Heather will act like teenagers and all that, you'd only see that in fanfics, yes the ptb like to stir the pot a bit, but you wouldn't want things to get boring, they'll act professionally, don't worry :)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Gil and Heather are friends. He told her in TGTBandTD that he was her friend. He also went to see her before he left Vegas.

Whatever they had (and in my opinion they had TONS of chemistry and she would have made a better romantic match for Gil than Sara, but again, that's me) seemed to have morphed into friendship, compassion and caring. That usually doesn't happen with men and women who are attracted to one another. And to me, makes their relationship all the better.

Gil is happily married, why would it matter that he talks to Heather or she talks to him? Again, they are friends.

This is a way to get people to watch to see the tension between Heather and Sara. But again, if she and Gil are happily married, why should Heather bother her? :confused:

I'm still irked that Cath isn't in this episode. She would have been a great presence between Heather and Sara. I'm still not sure why Ray consults her? I guess we'll see.

And for those of you who can't get enough Melinda Clarke, she'll also be on Nikita that same night. WHOO HOO!

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I realize that men and women can of course be friends. Actually to stick up for the character Heather, she was the one who encouraged Grissom to go where his heart was, [Source:TV Guide] when he was in distress and distraught. He did go over to her place for some personal talk which is and was unlike hm. He always played his cards close to the chest. On Catherine, no being in this ep. she is the supervisor, and she is the one who makes the decisions, so there is some reason why she felt that Ray and Sara would be a better fit to visit her. Maybe all of this confusion will be explained in this episode~

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Here's an interesting an interesting article from TVLine about the episode:

Oh, and despite EW blasting my site, TVLine featured one of my scoops today... so that's a plus! :lol:

[​IMG]

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

We still like you and your site vegaslights :)

Please DON'T go overboard with Ray/Heather CBS!!! I beg you!

I hope Haskell does get scary again, he hasn't been that scary since 19 Down and One To Go, he's just slowly gotten annoying

I felt the catiness already in the clip from Unleashed, Sara liking Heather :lol: No I could never see her liking her, respecting her yeah, and co-existing

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's vegaslights and on Ray.. "he's not receiving of her advice":lol: go figure , he's to savy and to smart to be hoodwinked by her cunning "ways". I think he just wants to solve the crime. And Sara, poor gal, she must have to bite her tongue alot:scream: Should be a intriguing episode:bolian:

12. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I am excited for this episode. I feel sorry for Sara having to deal with Heather. I can't wait to see some cattiness between them. I think Sara will get the upper hand at the end, but you never know.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The info for the episode on my Direct TV box says "While investigating a woman's death, Sara and Langston turn to a friend of Grissom's for help". I thought that was worded in an interesting way. I do believe Heather and Gil are friends and probably do converse occasionally, but probably not that often.

14. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I like the way this made the Heather/Ray interaction sound. It makes it seem that while she does want to help him, she's also in it for shits and giggles. Sounds rather... devious on her part. :lol:

15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

*shakes head*

Is it me. Am I the only one who it tired, just plain tired of hearing how witchy and underhanded Heather is?

She's a sex therapist, yes they do exist. She also 'got Grissom'. Does that make her a bad person? NO! Does that make her a home wrecker, a cunning, evil doer? NO!

Then why oh why that every time she's on CSI they (whoever writes the tag lines) describes her as a sorcerer who is going to cast a spell over everyone and she does this because of some deep seeded hatred or rejection by Grissom. And that Sara, is good, pure and 'the only one' Grissom ever loved so there for Heather must be a witch, a whore, a slut or whatever else because she's not with him??? :confused:

I know I'm not alone here when I say this. Heather is not the 'bad one' or 'the evil' one. So why are people making her out to be?

At first I was torn, not really sure about how this episode would play out. Especially without Catherine. But then I saw the trailer and thought, perhaps it won't be so bad. Sara and Heather having verbal jabs at each other was sort of entertaining.

But now, after reading that blurb about how she 'cast a spell' over Langston... blah blah blah... I'm going to watch Nikita instead.

So whoever wrote that must really hate Lady Heather and all that she was and is now, or they want viewers to pity Sara, or whatever.

Let's just say, I'm so turned off right now, I'm not watching.