"Unleashed" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, apparently you are the only person who watched that scene and didn't hear Heather ask how the Moche were. :wtf:

And here's the link at CBS with this clip.

Heather: How is Gil? How are the Moche?
    Sara: Both still in Peru.

And why did ask Sara how Gil was if they were in touch? I'd go with GNRF's response or she was trying to get under Sara's skin. :p

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

The Moche were a civilization in Peru (100 AD - 900 AD). Grissom was there investigating their graves or something (he said something about the pupa casings in a mass grave at the end of The Two Mrs. Grissoms).

Since Grissom was "staying longer" in Peru in The Two Mrs. Grissoms (back in Feb.), it's possible that he and Heather were in touch intermittently - she knew enough that he'd gone to Peru, but not that he'd stayed two months longer than anticipated.

Personally, my take is that she was just being polite, not deliberately trying to provoke Sara. Sara and Heather have very little in common, so I don't really see them being friends - but not enemies either. They're just politely tolerant of each other.

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yup, we recorded the episode the old-fashioned way (VCR), and those are exact quotes of the dialogue between Lady Heather/Dr. Heather Kessler and Sara. (Except minus the "Fine"; Sara simply replies with "Both still in Peru.")

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yep, you're right Byline :)

I played it again, and Sara didn't say "Fine", I guess that was just me and my standard answer :lol:

5. byline

byline CSI Level One

One thing that bugged me about this episode, and it's a general bugaboo I have about TV shows portraying kids at school, is that to ID the cheerleaders, they always had them in their cheerleading uniforms. Especially after they were suspended and couldn't attend the national cheerleading competition, I highly doubt that they would've been wearing their uniforms every single moment at school . . . but that's the way it appears in this episode. I find that annoying.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

:lol: I never noticed that until you pointed it out. And thinking on it now, it seems like any television program or movie where "cheerleaders" are present, it is always them in uniform.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, many times it is. Although I don't recall Buffy being always that way, if it wasn't one of the eps where the cheerleaders were the focus. But I see what you mean when they're the center of the ep.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but Buffy didn't make the squad and I think Cordelia eventually got cut from it too, didn't she? Even if she didn't, they had to display her "fashion" to show how rich her daddy was, so they couldn't have her in her uniform all the time lol.

I think tv does a similar thing with football players too. they're always wearing their letter jackets.

9. MacsGirlMel

Agree re football players. And yeah with Cordy, until she lost all her money.

Back on topic, I think we still have to wonder how ladies like Cath afford such nice clothes on a CSI budget LOL. TV CSIs must have a lot more cash than their RL counterparts. Either that or she stashed some away during her strip days.

10. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to Archie it started 8 months previously. I kinda doubt they were suspended for 8 months. As for wearing their uniforms, cheerleaders wore their uniforms and football players wore their jerseys on game days when I was in high school (more years ago than I want to think about). That could put them in their uniforms when arrested. As for other times, it's cheeper to just have them wear the uniforms than to provide a complete wardrobe for characters that aren't going to be on screen for all that much more than 5 minutes. I think there were only 2 or 3 scenes in which it wasn't still photographs of the girls.

Susan

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

We don't really know what Catherine got when Sam died. It's possible she's living comfortably.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Good point Praetor I never thought of that, possibly. I did notice the gals in the cheerleading outfits and wondered myself did they just happen to come to get them while they were wearing the outfits?

13. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

From Cath's first encounter with Lady Heather, we can infer that Cath made about $60,000 per year as a CSI, and she had very nice clothes then too. Then, in season 3 (or 4?) we see her with the $250,000 check from Sam, and now having a piece of the Eclipse will mean she has lots of $$. But, you don't need lots of $$ to have great clothes. You can usually find many places that have discounted high-end fashions.

14. MacsGirlMel

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. *headdesk* And even before, he gave her that big check.

And another thing with TV schoolkids...they always wear stuff no real school would allow lol. Too short or skimpy.I don't think CSI's done it but a lot of other shows have.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat this Wednesday, 8/24. :)