You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

I can't stay in the hot sun very long on the beach, because I burn way too easily even with sunscreen on, so if some people don't wanna stay at the beach long I can hang out with you else where.

Faylinn said:
We're going to be at the beach during the heat of the day? :lol: Oh, I can tell you right now that I'll roast and die in six hours at the beach, so I'll have to find somewhere to go for most of it--and I'm not just bitching, I'm being totally serious. Intense heat and sun are not my friends. :p Not only will I get a bitchin' sunburn (even if I wear hella lotta sunscreen), but I'll turn blood red from the heat very quickly. So methinks Rachel will be checking out gift shops and everything during a goodly chunk of that beach time. :p

Actually...it works out really well because the Santa Monica beach/pier is really close to the promenade, which has lots of cool shops and stuff like that! So those that don't want to lay around on the beach or get in the water can check out the promenade. Though, if you do want to be on the beach for a while, we can try to find out if they rent out umbrellas so you won't burn!

Yeah, fear not, for anyone who doesn't want to sun themselves on the beach too long (and not even I do that, even with my love of the sun, because I loathe tan lines on the top), Santa Monica beach has a TON of stuff to do around it. California's sorry attempt for a little mini Cooney Island type thing and a great shopping area.

Sounds good. My pasty arse is grateful. :lol:

^LOL, awesome. :)

So is everyone happy with the schedule? We tried to accomodate the stuff everyone said they wanted to do, while working with what time we do have. Remember, if there's anything you want to do that's not on our schedule, you're always free to go off on your own.

It's April, so send those RSVPs in to MrsG and I this month! It would be nice if we had a good idea of who is coming by May 1st. That's not totally hard and fast, but if you know you're coming or could get some idea by then, that would be great. :)

I'll be booking my plane ticket for the US say by next week. Once that's safe in my hands and I can finally say that this trip is real I'll let you know guys know about the rest. :)

As soon as I can find a bicycle to ride from Temecula to Los Angeles I'll confirm it with you Kristine! :) Otherwise I might need to find a ride.

Fay and I are booked and paid for. Look out LA, here we come!!! We have a direct flight and and I was wondering, would they kick us off the plane if we freak out once we realize we're in the air?? :p

Is there a headcount on how many of us are definately going?

wow...lucky you....i really wish i could go
buti teach at the university in the summer...so i cant go
*really wishes she could go*

1CSIMfan said:
Fay and I are booked and paid for. Look out LA, here we come!!! We have a direct flight and and I was wondering, would they kick us off the plane if we freak out once we realize we're in the air?? :p

YAY!!!!! :D :D :D It's official!! :D :D :D I think you guys will get a kick out of flying. It's fun! Before you know it, you'll be asking jkladis to take you for a ride in a small plane.

Is there a headcount on how many of us are definately going?

Right now, I've gotten RSVPs from Springmoon and CSINYRULZ. With you two, MrsG and I, we've got 6 confirmed. A lot more people said yes, though, and are probably working out their travel plans. But it is getting closer, so start thinking about making travel plans and letting us know what you'll attend and what you won't!

^YAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D

The more midnight, the better. :D

I wish I could be 100%, but at the moment I still can't say for sure.

I will have an answer by the end of April. :) I'm still hopeful, plus all the activities sound awesome, what better way to see LA than with you lot? ;)

Hey, someone here said that they may be leaving from NYC. Who was that? Whoever it was, will you PM me, please? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back