You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Speaking of tattoos, I guess I'm the odd one in saying I'd like to get henna tattoos. Not one for permanent ones, I'm afraid, since my tastes in pictures changes so much and fast. Henna tattoos only last about a month at most, but the good thing is, you can 'renew' them with more henna ink, or change to a different design once they've faded! :D I've been told there are quite a number of henna tattoo, uh, parlors in LA ... is that true?

1CSIMfan said:

Are you guys joking or do they seriously charge extra for heavy luggage?

Yes. Your luggage will be weighed at the airport. If it goes over a certain weight, they'll charge you for it. If you plan to shop a lot, I'd bring a suitcase with your clothes inside an empty suitcase. If you distribute the weight between the two, so it doesn't go over... what is it, 70lbs? then you won't have to pay anything.

^^Wow..thanks for the info. I've never flown so I had no idea they charged more for heavy luggage. Right now I plan to fed-ex everything I buy back home but maybe the suitcase in a suitcase will work just as good.

Fay, you sound like my twin, except for the whole age-difference thing.
I'm the evil twin, yes? :devil:

Interesting info about the luggage. I doubt mine will go over 70 pounds, but you never know. :lol:

I'm going to be taking a lot of pictures, and I'm not big on being in everyone else's pictures. :lol: Don't get me wrong, I'll smile and pose, but I'm not overly happy with being the subject of the pictures. :lol:

Oh, and BOOKS ARE MY CRACK! I love books. Of course, I tend to spend most of my time in the young adult/juvenile section of a bookstore or library, but I don't care. :lol:

^^ Yes, you're the evil twin! :lol: Maybe you can teach "big sis" a few things about becoming evil. I'm sure MrsG and Top, not to mention Rhonda, have some antics up their sleeves as well.

Kimmychu said:
Speaking of tattoos, I guess I'm the odd one in saying I'd like to get henna tattoos. Not one for permanent ones, I'm afraid, since my tastes in pictures changes so much and fast. Henna tattoos only last about a month at most, but the good thing is, you can 'renew' them with more henna ink, or change to a different design once they've faded! :D I've been told there are quite a number of henna tattoo, uh, parlors in LA ... is that true?

I have always liked the henna tattoos as well. Since I haven't decided if I want more permanent ink yet, and what I would get, I would be game for a henna tat.

1CSIMfan, on my way to Vegas last year, the woman that I went with had to have a 'Heavy' sticker placed on one of her checked suitcases. It was just under the weight limit, so she wasn't charged the extra money. So, upon leaving Sin City, the night before we left, we took it upon ourselves to weigh our luggage in the weight room of our hotel. :lol: Needless to say, she had to leave a few old clothes behind, and I had to come up with some rather unique ways of packing. :D So this time around, I am not messing around here. :p

I also love to read, and B&N is one of my drugs, I can go there, get a book and a Green tea Latte from Starbucks and go on my merry way~

I am rather excited to help mold some of the younger minds going on this trip. :p

Kimmychu said:
I've been told there are quite a number of henna tattoo, uh, parlors in LA ... is that true?

Absolutely. Especially in the Santa Monica/Venice beach area. My friends and I took a walk there last year. Imagine the beach, the sun going down, and you getting a henna tattoo in this perfect setting... ;)

As for books, I'd -love- to spend time inside "Barnes and Noble" at the Grove, it's one of those places I never get tired of. Books are my weakness, I usually buy tons of them when I travel... :D

Re: Luggage weights...

It depends on the airline and the size of the plane. One airline I flew with last fall from San Diego gave me the heavy sticker because it was over 55 pounds, but the guy said he wouldn't charge me because the plane wasn't full. Looks like a lot of different factors will influence whether you're charged or not, but to be on the safe size, check out the restrictions on the airline that you are using ahead of time; this information is usually posted on the airline's website.

Luggage restrictions:

Different airlines have different restrictions, these also depend on domestic or international flight, some airlines even have different restrictions for chartered flight.

Restrictions include:
- # of carry-on luggage
- size & weight of carry-on luggage
- # of checked luggage
- size & weight of checked luggage
- restricted articles for carry-on & checked baggage
- check-in time & cut-off time may also varies @ different airport...

As Springmoon and other ppl stated: Checked the airline's website.

lookaboomerang said:
Hay. I have an idea for next year. Let's have another meet up in the summer, but in NY. :D

That would be a lot better, at least for me. We could go scout for CSI locations and stuff, go near St. Patrick's Cathedral and say "Hey, this is where Danny the Drama Queen whined about lunch!" :lol:

If this year's meeting goes as well as we're hoping then I'm sure we'll consider planning another. :)

Dude, me too! NYC is like, 2 and a half hours from me. :lol: Maybe me wanting to have it in NY is a little selfish, but I still think it'd be cool to go see some stuff that we've all seen in the episodes, in person.

^ It's still ten hours (by plane) away from me but I go there every summer so yeah, it would be fun.

I'll probably stop there for a while before heading to LA so if you want to meet up... ;)

ooh ooh ooh! next summer NYC! Great idea! I'll be there (hopefully) for the summer on a work visa all by my lonesome, so I'd love to meet all you guys and do the "drama Queen Danny" tour! :lol:

Ah, L.A. is so easy for TOP41, Mrs.G and I since we're so close [at least I think it's easy] but NYC, well, I doubt I'd get to go. Plane? You're nucking futs. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back