You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

Sounds like my kind of town. Low-maintenance during the day, high(er) maintenance at night. Have no fear you jean-and-t-shirt ladies. The jeans will be fine, you just need to dress it up a little. I own loads of shirts that I almost *never* wear States-side except maybe under a suit. I just pack 'em all up when I make my annual pilgrimage to Carnival in Trinidad and they get their usage then. Sounds like they'll be getting used up in LA too. Can't hardly wait.

I *love* sundresses so I'll probably buy a few pairs beforehand. I might end up bringing tons of shoes too, especially wedges & sandals. I actually might end up bringing an empty suitcase too considering I plan to buy a lot of clothing in LA. That's what my mom & I did when we went to Europe :lol:.

^ Give me 5 bucks & a felt tip marker & I will give you a "tatoo". I do a skull, maybe a heart with the word "mom" in it. I can draw pretty hearts & flowers, but I dunno if you'll want one. The best part is that it'll be gone when you go see your family after the get together :lol:.

I think Mama is coming with me. :lol: Thanks for the offer Jasmina, but I think Ill wait till I'm old enough for the real felt tip marker. :lol: :eek:

What is with all of these people wanting to get tattoos? :p

For those who don't like expensive shopping/clothes shopping, there is a Barnes & Noble at the Grove! I'm a bookstore girl. I could spend hours in a bookstore. Clothes shopping, not so much, unless there's a sale. :D We'll make sure to hit some affordable places too.

As for clubs--they do tend to be fancier. I've worn jeans to a bunch and haven't had a problem, but I know some of the places do have dress codes--nice jeans, nice pants, dresses, tops, skirts, etc.

Also...pics. Yes we'll be posting them, but if you don't want your pic posted on the board, that's absolutely fine--just make sure to let people know during the trip, because no doubt the pics will go up soon after. The earlier the better so that when we're taking pics for the board itself, we can make sure you're not in the shot. We will get a few entire group shots for posterity, though (even if not for the board)! :D

vegaslights said:
Deborah and Kristine said I couldn't get a tatoo! :rolleyes: :p :devil:
Dude, you are 14 years old. There is no f-ing way you're getting a tattoo on my watch. :lol: I don't want your mama coming after me with a shot gun.

Springmoon - Definitely bust out those shirts you wear only for carnivale in Trinidad. Perfect. If anyone else has tops so slutty they're only worn in Vegas, those can also be dusted off and used as club wear. LA is a 'little' classier than Vegas, but not much. Though to second what Top just said - some of the clubs do have dress codes. I'll be sure to post the dress code for any clubs on our itinerary.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
vegaslights said:
Deborah and Kristine said I couldn't get a tatoo! :rolleyes: :p :devil:
Dude, you are 14 years old. There is no f-ing way you're getting a tattoo on my watch. :lol: I don't want your mama coming after me with a shot gun.

I am sooo giving you a hard time! :lol: Though seeing you run away would be absoultely hysterical! :lol: LMAO!

And for pictures, I'm bringing my camera, so people better be photo energetic! :D

This trip just gives me more of an opportunity to go shopping. :lol: I will bring a hodge podge of everything as far as clothing goes. Jeans, t-shirts, boob shirts ;), dresses, wedges, heels, etc... Sh**, I may have to pay extra at the airline for a heavy suitcase if I am not careful! :eek:

^ Thankfully I'm driving down and can over-pack to my heart's content. :D

For those who don't like expensive shopping/clothes shopping, there is a Barnes & Noble at the Grove! I'm a bookstore girl. I could spend hours in a bookstore.

Top! We can go book shopping together! I absolutely love books; those are pretty much all I got for Christmas. Are there any funky independent bookstores down there?

Fay, you sound like my twin, except for the whole age-difference thing. :lol:

Rhonda, what tat are you getting? Something small or a tattoo with your kids' names? :)

PrettyEyes said:
For those who don't like expensive shopping/clothes shopping, there is a Barnes & Noble at the Grove! I'm a bookstore girl. I could spend hours in a bookstore.

Top! We can go book shopping together! I absolutely love books; those are pretty much all I got for Christmas. Are there any funky independent bookstores down there?

There's a B&N at the Grove? Awesome. I'll go shopping with you guys there and buy books for the upcoming school year [10th grade].

midnight_tiptoes said:
I wanna be in charge of taking the piiiictures!

That makes two of us! :lol:

We both can, but I have a feeling the club owners aren't going to let a 15 year old into a club. :p

Rhonda, what tat are you getting? Something small or a tattoo with your kids' names?
I'm getting a dragonfly on my right shoulder not anything huge..I'd like it to have shades of blue (my favorite color).

Are you guys joking or do they seriously charge extra for heavy luggage? :eek: I intend to take the biggest suitcase I have and bring a lot of clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back