You're Invited: Summer NY Forum Meeting in LA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Invited: Summer Board Meeting in LA!!!

jorja_fan86 said:
:lol: I know there's a Starbucks in LA but I'm just wondering if they're everywhere, or if they're placed well apart. Hell, I probably already know the answer to that now :lol:.

LMFAO sorry I wans't more specific. Yeah, they're everywhere. Like where I live, there's one almost on every corner. :eek:

Mmmm...frappiccino's! I *love* the strawberry & creme one. I always order that in the summer. I also like the cinnamon dolce latte, & an iced caramel macciato & heck, I like almost everything they make. I have Starbucks at least twice a week. No wonder I'm almost broke :lol:.

I also buy the strawberry n creme and the vanilla one as well. :)

jorja_fan86 said:
Oh, and before I forget...are there are lot of Starbucks down there? I have it bad for Starbucks & if there isn't one 5 minutes away I'll be upset :lol:. There's like, over 6 or 7 from my house in a ten minute radius.

:lol: I soooooooo have to make a comment for like two minutes for your post about 'if there are a lot of Starbucks in LA' :lol: I live in little Nebraska and I have TWO Starbucks, one in Barnes and Noble and an actual Starbucks within a 5 mile radius of my home. AND there are TWO more on the OTHER side of town. :lol: Starbucks are EVERYWHERE.

On a side note, I did get my Green Tea Latte today while I drooled at books at B&N. I also love the Strawberries and Creme Frappuchino and the Vanilla Bean is my fave. YUMMY

jorja , you know I luv ya, but that was too funny! ;)

Oh, I'm so excited! I've gotta check the West Jet restrictions and figure out how much to pack...even though its five months away. Oh! and I need a passport...darn. Just a question...and I may have missed this...but is there a designated hotel? or are we finding a place of our own? thanks, loves!

ThumpyG said:
jorja_fan86 said:
Oh, and before I forget...are there are lot of Starbucks down there? I have it bad for Starbucks & if there isn't one 5 minutes away I'll be upset :lol:. There's like, over 6 or 7 from my house in a ten minute radius.

:lol: I soooooooo have to make a comment for like two minutes for your post about 'if there are a lot of Starbucks in LA' :lol: I live in little Nebraska and I have TWO Starbucks, one in Barnes and Noble and an actual Starbucks within a 5 mile radius of my home. AND there are TWO more on the OTHER side of town. :lol: Starbucks are EVERYWHERE.

On a side note, I did get my Green Tea Latte today while I drooled at books at B&N. I also love the Strawberries and Creme Frappuchino and the Vanilla Bean is my fave. YUMMY

jorja , you know I luv ya, but that was too funny! ;)

I think one of the reasons I lurve you is because you're sweet enough to point out my blonde moments :lol:. I think it's obvious that LA is full of Starbucks. I think I need to put down the crack before I make another post :lol:. In the words of Whitney Houston, "Crack is whack, crack is cheap."

^ :lol: Starbucks is freakin' everywhere. Don't get me started on tall, grande, venti... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Fear not, you'll get your coffee fixes. ;)

Yay for fellow bookstore fiends! *jumps up and down* We can do some serious bookstore scouting and find a good independent store, or hit B&N... or both. :devil:

Henna tattoos, now that sounds more reasonable. :cool:

As for NYC next summer, sounds good to me! There aren't really vacation days per se in Hollywood (at least not on the production end as far as I can tell), but depending on how things are, I'd be game for that. I haven't been to NY since April 2001.

I love Starbucks. I even have Starbucks coffee, so I can have it some everyday.

I'll go to the bookstores with ppl. I need to complete my CSI book collection.

NY summer trip would be awesome. Much closer to me as well.

I'd be game for NY next year. I haven't been there since college and I won't tell you when that was ... yeah, about the time Vegaslights was born. So I wouldn't be much help in planning that, but if I find myself staying in some roach motel in Queens, heads are gonna roll. :lol:

Now on to the pressing topic of CSI:NY t-shirts worn in LA. Ladies, you may wear these while playing tourist during the day, but if you dream of wearing one to a club, you will sit alone ... or with similarly attired dorks. :lol:

i would never wear it to a club. I would wear my rockstar clothing. That I would fit in with the rest of the freaks. :lol:

Nobody here is staying in freaking Queens next year. :lol: Good lord. There are PLENTY of places to stay in Manhattan, which is where I would assume that we'd be a large majority of the time.

Hi. Long time lurker, first time joiner to the board.

This get together sounds like a lot of fun.

I live in L.A. but I'm not sure what my work schedule will look like by then. I'd love to get together for shopping (a personal favorite hobby at The Grove) or night time activities. :D

Also, since I live in the Fairfax area (next to CBS and The Grove) I'm happy to help out with any info that I can.

^Welcone Webbgirl! :D Great to have another LA denizen here! I hear you on the work schedule thing...I'm pretty sure I'll be free on the weekends/in the later evenings, but other than that, I'm not sure of much.

I know one hotel in NY--the Chelsea Savoy. Great location, really nice hotel. And, erm, that's about the extent of it. So I probably wouldn't be a great help in planning things, but I'd be happy to help out where I could. But, we should probably focus on this year's meet up first. ;)

^^Thanks! Depending on upcoming projects I may be able to swing some "work from home" days during that time and meet up with folks. Unfortunately, most of my vacation time is going for visits with friends in Vancouver right now.

I'm always willing to find time to shop though. :D I'm a native, so it's almost genetic.

^My vacations are generally spent going home as well. Hopefully you can get some work from home days in July! I'm just hoping we won't be shooting any eps of the show I'm on over that weekend. Fingers crossed that won't be an issue.

Deb, you know my ass isn't wearing my CSI:NY t-shirt out on the town in LA! :lol: I have not gone shopping day in and day out scouting out the best deals and the hottest clothes to wear to LA to wear a freaking CSI:NY t-shirt. :lol:
I probably won't even bring my shirt, as Rhonda pointed out earlier, no black t-shirts in July- unless I want to roast. The girls need to breathe once in a while. ;)

ETA: The last time I was in NY in 2003, I stayed in Manhattan and it wasn't the nicest place, but it wasn't an entire roach motel either. :lol: I would be willing to spend a little extra for nicer accomodations if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back