Yelina Salas #2: 'Get Back To Where You Once Belonged'

Thanks so much to everyone for the pics and interviews. I smiled to learn that SM is gluten intolerant because I just discovered that I had Celiac disease myself the day before Thanksgiving. Not that I am happy that she has it but just knowing the challenges that it poses for me in my fairly predictable life makes me appreciate what she must face on a daily basis when traveling and working on the set. Gluten is the enemy and it is hiding everywhere. Sort of OT here but I wish SM and other celebrities who suffer from Celiac disease would be more open about it. It would be interesting and I'm sure inspiring to know how they cope.

Side Rant: Why are they not showing The Border in the U.S.? I can't believe that there would not be a huge audience for it and not just because our favorite actress is the star of the show but because it is suppose to touch on very current and sensitive issues. And yeesh, could we use some new material! The only bright side of Miami being a rerun lastnight was that at least it was an epi with SM/DC in it.

Just saw the premiere of The Border. It's okay :) Unfortunately she did NOT appear. But at the end of the episode they did show a promo for the next episode! And yes she's in it!

I took the liberty of uploading the promo onto youtube!

Clickie!

It could be that it's not online yet, but it should be shortly!

silk said: Why are they not showing The Border in the U.S.?

Coz is time and u guys from US to know what is to feel this way. :lol: j/k

Now more serious....Hope soon some TV channel to start show this tv show in Europe and US. But till then we still have our fav web side - YouTube. YAY :D

Thanks Kit for uploading the 'The Border' promo for the next epi. :) Sound a lot interesting.

I am going to watch the first two episodes of the border today/tomorrow... Can't wait to see them! But I guess since she is on that show it makes me wonders if she'll ever return in CSI: Miami, even for a guestrole

^ Sofia was due to return to Miami in April, but I guess that this may be delayed by the writers' strike. The filming of The Border finished in December (and I think it's just a one-off series). :)

"And the fans love seeing detective Yelina Salas and Horatio Caine interact. So that makes me happy too"_SM

Awwwwww :D :D
Of course we do!!...
We would like to see something more too! :devil:

Beautiful pic!
Lovely interview!

Thanx for posting Pucher!! :D

Thank you so much pusher for the article :D

And the fans love seeing detective Yelina Salas and Horatio Caine interact. So that makes me happy too"
Absolutely it was the best part :D
The pic is awesome!!! :eek:

Thanks for posting Pusher. It's good to know she knows what us fans like. Pity tptb and DC doesn't seem to know what we like...

Yeah David seems to be hush hush about it whereas Sofia seems more than happy to talk about what the fans want to hear..well at least the H/Y fans. I think she needs to jump on him about that...or let us do it one. :lol:

More news for ours dear miss. Milos

BWTVF to Honor CSI: Miami Actress
TORONTO, February 7: The Banff World Television Festival (BWTVF) has announced that actress Sofia Milos, who stars in THE BORDER and CSI: Miami fame, will receive this year’s Award of Excellence.

The 29th edition of BWTVF will take place at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Alberta, Canada, from June 8 to 11. The Award of Excellence, which acknowledges exceptional achievement through a body of work over an extended period of time, will be presented to Milos at the Alberta Film Awards Lunch on Monday, June 9.

Previous recipients of the Banff Television Award of Excellence include Carol Mendelsohn (2007), Gordon Pinsent (2004), David Chase (2003), Gary David Goldberg (2002), Norman Jewison (2001), Dick Wolf (2000), David E. Kelley (1999), Don Hewitt (1998), Diane English (1997) and Steven Bochco(1996).

Milos will also be speaking before delegates in one of BWTVF’s In Conversation sessions, where she will answer questions about her experiences in the television industry and on CSI: Miami

YAY! :D She so much deserve this award.

Awesome. :cool: Thanks for letting us know, Pusher. :D She definitely deserves the award. I'm not all that familiar with it, but the Banff Springs Hotel is very ooh-la-la so I hope she has a lot of fun.

Wee, I hope she enjoys Alberta. :D *iz proud*

Congrats to her. You're right she sure deserves the award. Let's hope tptb recognise her talents and get her back ASAP!

speed_cochrane said:
the Banff Springs Hotel is very ooh-la-la so I hope she has a lot of fun.

Wee, I hope she enjoys Alberta. :D *iz proud*
When I was on holiday in Canada and we were visiting Banff, our tour guide said that if you're asking how much it costs to stay at the Banff Springs Hotel, then you can't afford it! It looked beautiful. :)

Congratulations to Sofia, and thanks Pusher for the info. :D

Back