William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
gilsgal: Thanks for the article- I agree totally with that last statement: "The heart & soul has left the lab". AMEN.
I'm glad the critics are FINALLY starting to see the truth and are exposing it & are forcing people (forcing sounds a little rough....for lack of a better term) to hear the other side, instead of blindly supporting the show regardless of how watered down and disappointing it has become.

So, we've been right all along I see. What I find so funny is, and I personally don't have a problem with LF, it seems his character has had more storylines centered completely around him in the short time he's been there than Billy did and he was there for nine years. I mean, Grissom was always there, but he wasn't in the 'spotlight' so to speak...and there are other characters, who have been there from the get go, on the show that deserve a spotlight now and then. I'm just tired of the way it is now being crammed down our throats, ya know? I'll just be glad when Billy/Grissom returns.:)

If Grissom had less screentime during season 6, 7, 8, maybe it was because WP was tired of CSI. I felt that they were less creative with his character during those seasons, I was always disappointed to see his character less involved than in the first seasons. He wasn't front and central to the show anymore.

Laurence Fishburne is new to the show, fresh, motivated.

Last edited:
If Grissom had less screentime during season 6, 7, 8, maybe it was because WP was tired of CSI. I felt that they were less creative with his character during those seasons, I was always disappointed to see his character less involved than in the first seasons. He wasn't front and central to the show anymore.

Laurence Fishburne is new to the show, fresh, motivated.

I agree with this, LF will never be Grissom and Dr. Langston, knows this, but that's OK, he's a totally different character their soo not alike in anyway shape or form. The PTB brought in LF to be the new lead in this show, and their not going to pay someone the big bucks to shove him in the background. I was the most resistant and hesitant about this, and grumbled and complained to everyone, but he's dong a superb job, and I'm pleasantly surprised how good he is. It's just a different CSI now, and will never go back to the way it was. I just am hopeful that he'll do guests spots and the big CSI Movie, thank's for the link gilsgal and the gal who was with him in "Keep The Change" Lolita Davidovich, was in "Unbearable" with him, the sinister mom, who killed the girl and Sofia was big on this case~

gilsgal: Thanks for the article- I agree totally with that last statement: "The heart & soul has left the lab". AMEN.
I'm glad the critics are FINALLY starting to see the truth and are exposing it & are forcing people (forcing sounds a little rough....for lack of a better term) to hear the other side, instead of blindly supporting the show regardless of how watered down and disappointing it has become.

So, we've been right all along I see. What I find so funny is, and I personally don't have a problem with LF, it seems his character has had more storylines centered completely around him in the short time he's been there than Billy did and he was there for nine years. I mean, Grissom was always there, but he wasn't in the 'spotlight' so to speak...and there are other characters, who have been there from the get go, on the show that deserve a spotlight now and then. I'm just tired of the way it is now being crammed down our throats, ya know? I'll just be glad when Billy/Grissom returns.:)

I don't have a problem with LF as an actor either, but I do have a problem with TPTB and the writers of CSI forgetting everything they've drilled into our heads over the last 8 1/2 seasons. They've let Langston do things that no other CSI level 1 has ever been able to do since Holly Gribbs death...ie:go to crime scenes alone, process evidence in a major case, let him gather evidence when there's a clear conflict of interest...and so many other inconsistencies that I just can't watch it any more.

I also have to agree that LF has had many more episodes around his character than Billy did, and I don't think it's because Billy was tiring of CSI. I know he had to cut back a bit because of his health in season 5 or 6. He's always tried to make the episodes team oriented and more balanced. Of course that's just my opinion.

All I know is that I miss Grissom, and I will take whatever I can get of him, whether it's in a guest appearance...or a movie....or seeing Billy as a totally different character in a play. :)

Originally posted by Desertwind:
the gal who was with him in "Keep The Change" Lolita Davidovich, was in "Unbearable" with him, the sinister mom, who killed the girl and Sofia was big on this case~

I knew she seemed familiar...now I know why. Thanks for that bit of trivia Des!

I don't have a huge problem with LF...although I'm starting to. I DO have a huge problem with Langston & what they've allowed him to do not only as a Level 1, but also as a "lead" character. I'm sick of him being a know-it-all and getting everything right and having an instant answer (autopsy scenes now annoy the h out of me, instead of entertain me) for EVERYTHING. TPTB are doing a crappy job of not only introducing but continuing this show.....I'm really disappointed.

They've let Langston do things that no other CSI level 1 has ever been able to do since Holly Gribbs death...ie:go to crime scenes alone, process evidence in a major case, let him gather evidence when there's a clear conflict of interest...and so many other inconsistencies that I just can't watch it any more.
My thoughts exactly, I mean if they were going to have the character do all this stuff, he should've had a higher ranking or a different title than level 1.

I also have to agree that LF has had many more episodes around his character than Billy did, and I don't think it's because Billy was tiring of CSI. I know he had to cut back a bit because of his health in season 5 or 6. He's always tried to make the episodes team oriented and more balanced. Of course that's just my opinion.
I feel the same way. With Grissom, it was more of a team effort and everyone played a part that was just as important as the next. Like you said, it was balanced....oh well....and I'm with you on taking him any way we can get him.;)

gilsgal: I love you said "inconsistencies" when you talked about CSI and Langston...Brilliantly put. I always loved how the show strived to be as true to real life as possible, even if it sometimes meant (I'm assuming here) giving up a tad bit of poetic lisence (which I doubt they ever needed to ;p). Now, poetic lisence and relationship following is the entire point of the show, and the science & accuracy and everything else that made CSI stand out is slowly disappearing.

I also agree with my bestie about how Grissom had balance & made everything a team effort. People learned well under him- they all taught each other, and now, Langston is doing it ALL and everyone else is like "bleah"...It's so separated- everyone seems to be doing their own private part of a case, it's almost like competition....*sigh* I miss the old GOOD CSI.

I thought this might interest all of you, I did post this on another thread, but it's appropriate for here too~ It's from the new TV Guide that just came out, May 11-17, on A Risk Assessment for Longtime Faves from Matt Roush~

Sason finale, May 14 Biggest Risk Replacing William Petersen's beloved Gil Grissom with a new marquee star Laurence Fishburne, as a novice CSI, from the world of academia! Did it pay off? Creatively, not yet, thought the transition was smooth and did Gil justice. Just as Ray Langston is learnnig as he goes, so are we adjusting to the new team dynamic. If only Fishburne himself were more dynamic OUCH:( Still waters run a bit too deep in this stubbornly stolid character. The upside is a broadened focus on characters like Nick, or in the witty Star Trek parody episode. and labe techs Hodges and Wendy. Season average:6

So anyalsis, we don't know what's around the corner, for S/10, which David Rambo said in his interview here, starts June 1. I always thought in the past they started filming in late August:confused:

Last edited:
People learned well under him- they all taught each other, and now, Langston is doing it ALL and everyone else is like "bleah"...
Oh, definately...and if someone has to do it all, shouldn't it be Catherine? I mean, she's more than qualified for it after working under Grissom all those years. Of course, like Grissom, she'd make it a team effort though.

Thanks for the article, DW. It's kind of hard to adjust when there seems to be very little, if any, dynamic there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see/hear what happens.

Originally Posted by gilsgal
You're going with Crim to see Billy in Blackbird in July, right? I'm going in August. We'll have to compare notes about being up close and personal Billy ....lol :devil:

Poppylvsgriss and I are going July too! All the way from sunny ole England. We are DEMANDING to get up close and personal with Billy! LOL!

Still waiting for our Cubs tickets though. It's four weeks since I ordered them. Is American post generally this slow? Though the call centre bloke was determined that my county in England was in the US and I MUST know what my state initials were... Nope. I should have known then they would get lost in transit!

What if Billy sings the 7th Innings stretch?? Groan!! A whole new level of excitement has just hit me!

On topic- To be fair, I like Langston. But that's mainly because he's left handed like me. Shallow, I know... Some people are just boffy and can pick things up very quickly. And he's had loads of medical training. Wasn't he a coroner before a lecturer or something? It's not like letting me loose in the post mortem room with a hacksaw!

But he's not Billy. No one else is. Sigh.

I'm doing a forensics taster next month with my year group at a local college. we are doing finger printing and investigating a crime scene! We are getting gloves and bootees! I'll let you know how hard it is to pick up! For an English teacher who just scraped a Science GCSE pass... it could take some time...

Can you tell I'm bored at work? Rofl!

Last edited:
gilsgal: I love you said "inconsistencies" when you talked about CSI and Langston...Brilliantly put. I always loved how the show strived to be as true to real life as possible, even if it sometimes meant (I'm assuming here) giving up a tad bit of poetic lisence (which I doubt they ever needed to ;p). Now, poetic lisence and relationship following is the entire point of the show, and the science & accuracy and everything else that made CSI stand out is slowly disappearing.

I also agree with my bestie about how Grissom had balance & made everything a team effort. People learned well under him- they all taught each other, and now, Langston is doing it ALL and everyone else is like "bleah"...It's so separated- everyone seems to be doing their own private part of a case, it's almost like competition....*sigh* I miss the old GOOD CSI.

I think the writers have forgotten that their audience is NOT stupid...we've taken everything that we've learned over the past 8 1/2 years from Grissom...and we expect them to adhere to the rigorous standards that Gil implemented. They're failing miserably. I feel like some pod people have captured and taken over the writers and TPTB, and that they are now writing for some mediocre CSI wannabee show.

People learned well under him- they all taught each other, and now, Langston is doing it ALL and everyone else is like "bleah"...
Oh, definately...and if someone has to do it all, shouldn't it be Catherine? I mean, she's more than qualified for it after working under Grissom all those years. Of course, like Grissom, she'd make it a team effort though.

I really was under the impression that after Grissom left, Catherine would have played much more of a role...been a strong and supporting boss for those remaining on the team. It seems that they have totally forgotten that there might have been some adjustments on Cath, Nick and Greg's part, after Grissom left. Maybe what I can't reconcile, is that it feels like they have forgotten Gil, and all that he taught them. He's been erased from their memories.

Originally Posted by gilsgal
You're going with Crim to see Billy in Blackbird in July, right? I'm going in August. We'll have to compare notes about being up close and personal Billy ....lol :devil:
Poppylvsgriss and I are going July too! All the way from sunny ole England. We are DEMANDING to get up close and personal with Billy! LOL!

Still waiting for our Cubs tickets though. It's four weeks since I ordered them. Is American post generally this slow? Though the call centre bloke was determined that my county in England was in the US and I MUST know what my state initials were... Nope. I should have known then they would get lost in transit!

What if Billy sings the 7th Innings stretch?? Groan!! A whole new level of excitement has just hit me!

On topic- To be fair, I like Langston. But that's mainly because he's left handed like me. Shallow, I know... Some people are just boffy and can pick things up very quickly. And he's had loads of medical training. Wasn't he a coroner before a lecturer or something? It's not like letting me loose in the post mortem room with a hacksaw!

But he's not Billy. No one else is. Sigh.

I'm doing a forensics taster next month with my year group at a local college. we are doing finger printing and investigating a crime scene! We are getting gloves and bootees! I'll let you know how hard it is to pick up! For an English teacher who just scraped a Science GCSE pass... it could take some time...

Can you tell I'm bored at work? Rofl!

Yes, we'll all have to compare notes after seeing Billy in Chicago. I really hope that Billy sings at one of the Cubs games you're going to Britfan. Wouldn't that just be the icing on the proverbial cake...WooHoo!!!! :luvlove:

I liked Langston in the 2 epsiodes before Grissom left...and the first one after. I liked that he didn't know what he was doing, but after 2 more episodes the writers had him doing things that no CSI level 1 should be doing. And then he started doing Grissom like things...and that just sent me through the roof. Langston will NEVER be Grissom and I hate that the writers and TPTB, are trying so hard to convince us otherwise. Sorry, it doesn't fly with me!!! :scream:

Good luck with your forensic taster Britfan. I hope you have a great time and knock their socks off with all your accumlated knowledge. :)

And, no, I couldn't tell that you were bored...:lol:

That's awesome! When are you all going in July? Hopefully, we'll all get lucky and get up close and personal with THE MAN.;)
And then he started doing Grissom like things...and that just sent me through the roof. Langston will NEVER be Grissom and I hate that the writers and TPTB, are trying so hard to convince us otherwise. Sorry, it doesn't fly with me!!! :scream:
I agree 100%. There's only so much I can take. It was a BIG mistake to have him do Grissomlike things. It just doesn't set right with me and the line's gotta be drawn somewhere. Of course, maybe I don't really have a right to say anything because I don't actually watch the show anymore. I'm just stating my opinion based on what I've heard and read.:lol:

I can't wait to hear all the reviews from you gals, how wonderful the ones that get to see him in humid Chicago, hope you can bear that:(And the baseball as well:eek: and on the characters on CSI all the older team members knew when they hired LF, he was to be the lead, and I guess they were all OK with it, or they would have said "No way" or quit. And he's laid back, not bossy at all. So this is the way it is, regardless of who's the lead and who's not. Grissom offered him the job, and he seems perfect for it. Maybe Cath doesn't want to be the head of the team:confused: Here's a letter from a fan in the new TV Guide~

CSI CARAMBA
When William Petersen left CSI, did he take the writers with him? We can't recognize the show anymore~ Filler scenes in a wrestling venue, Taylor Swift and a really poor Star Trek takeoff, aren't what the show used to be. Bring back Catherine, drop the bland blond [Riley] and go back to crime stories~
name witheld
Toms River, N.J.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back