Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She is just a character I dislike. Plain and simple. Every scene she walks into, I find myself thinking, "ugh, what's gonna come out of her mouth." Some people probably read this and ask why she bugs us so much (example: my husband said, "it's just a show", don't worry, I already punched the jerk). When I find a show I like, I want to enjoy it. I know, dramatic right? It's not even a DL thing for me anymore it is just an "L" thing! I would much rather watch the other characters interact with the lab equipment than with her.

I was remarking to someone on YIM last night that I would deal with Lindsay if they dropped the D/L thing. It's bad enough to know they're going there when I don't think the relationship works, but what happens when I actually have to see them making out or something? :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Lindsay because I'm jealous of her or anything else lame like that--I just don't get it. Give Danny a girlfriend offscreen that we might see from time to time, let Lindsay start dating some hot FBI guy or something--just not these two people. I can see the basis for pretty much every pairing on the show, except for the ones with Lindsay. Ok, that's a lie, I could definitely see a basis for Mac/Lindsay in season 2, but the writers seemed so hell-bent on going with D/L that they missed a fantastic opportunity there.

I read something somewhere (yeah, aren't I the queen of good memory skills? :lol:) about the D/L thing being "long-gestating"...um, say what now? GSR was 'long-gestating'--the writers didn't even let Lindsay get her balance on the show before they were squealing like teenyboppers over the idea of this pairing, and it's been less than two years and they're going with this. Look at the previews for Miami and the relationship they're indicating there--those two people have been working together for five seasons just that we've seen. If people honestly think that D/L is 'long-gestating,' then it's a sign of the impatient, I-want-it-now society we live in.

I don't think that Lindsay has to go, necessarily. There are times when I think it would just be easier to drop the dead weight and work with what's left, but with TPTB viewing Lindsay as the teacher's pet, that ain't gonna happen. So what I would really like, more than anything else, is just for them to stop trying to squash her into a mold she doesn't fit in. Write the character to play to Anna's strengths as an actress, give Lindsay two legs to stand on, and then push the character's boundaries.

I wanna join in the Free Danny Campaign!
I can promote in the UK!
I'm just so sick of reading all the spoilers and all the fablulous storylines being annunced for the other characters and all Lindsay has is waking up in Danny's apartment. That's gotta piss you off as an actor.

^A good actor might be pissed off by that. ;)

Fay brings up an interesting point--would Lindsay be more tolerable without the Dindsay pairing (Ausiello, you are my Papa Smurf!). While I see the merit in splitting the two, for me she's just dreck, with or without Danny. I can't watch an episode like "Silent Night"--where she had zero interaction with Danny--and think that this actress belongs on the show. Her acting is so subpar. Maybe she's better on stage, I don't know, but she sucks in CSI: NY and that's what I watch every week. I think she's a drag on the show. She certainly brings Carmine's performance down when she's opposite him, and I feel bad watching Melina in "Silent Night" giving her all against Anna's stilted delivery. Gary is the only one who can elevate her performance to watchable, and well, he's Gary--is there anything the man can't do?

That said, if we're stuck with her, it would be better to not have to see Danny stuck with her, so yes, please, let's free Danny.

I'm not saying Lindsay should go just because of her interaction with Danny I think her part on the show as a whole is questionable. I've said it before I don't think I've ever seen a scene where I've thought whoa she was really good. She is acting along side fabulous actors like Gary, Meline, Carmine and Eddie and she always seems to flatten the scene and drain it of all it's energy. I feel bad for her because TPTB are leading her on and are making her character into a shambles!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks she's a trainwreck.
"The Danny Messer Freedom Telethon" could raise a ton of cash for the cause. ;)

Top41 said:
Fay brings up an interesting point--would Lindsay be more tolerable without the Dindsay pairing (Ausiello, you are my Papa Smurf!).

'Dindsay' will never cease to make me laugh. :lol:

No, I firmly believe that Lindsay is in no way more tolerable without Danny, although as with the rest of the cast, Danny is so much better without her!

I have had the, well I want to say 'misfortune' but NY doesn't make me think that negatively, to very recently rewatch the first few episodes with Lindsay in them. I challenge you to watch them without cringing, it's not easy. She just isn't great, she's like a very needy and annoying child. I would maybe go as far as to say that she makes for embarrassing TV (think the audition phases of many reality shows), and I really dislike embarrassing TV.

*Please make it stop* :( Or at least put her permanently in the lab.

^It's funny because some characters come in and fit seamlessly with the cast. Or they aren't supposed to, and their transition is rough, like Ryan's on Miami. I thought that was so well done because Ryan was replacing a beloved dead team member. Of course there would be friction. But Lindsay came in and we got all of these awkward "Montana" jokes because OMG! the audience might be dumber than rocks and forget for 5 minutes that she's an outsider and not from NY! OMG she doesn't know what doot-ta-doot means! OMG she raised cows (or whatever)! OMG, she's a hick!!! :rolleyes: It had all the subtlety of a lead weight.

Maybe New York should do an 'Angel' and resurrect a dead character off the other show. We give Lindsay the boot, create some amazing new technology (like the Lazarus) to bring Speed back to life, Stella and Flack can kidnap him fropm Miami (because they'd look hot in kidnappy, spiderman-like catsuits), bring him to NY where he can have a lovely, slashy romance with Danny. We don't have to listen to Lindsay's Mary-Sue whinging any more, AND we get Rory Cochrane back. And then he can wake up in Danny's apartment. Naked. Fantastic. Still working out a few holes in the plotline though... ;)

^It's funny because some characters come in and fit seamlessly with the cast. Or they aren't supposed to, and their transition is rough, like Ryan's on Miami. I thought that was so well done because Ryan was replacing a beloved dead team member. Of course there would be friction.

And also, Ryan's problems aren't the 'Oh all his wee mates died when he was a kid and he is the only survivor and it ruined his life and he can't look anyone's mother in the face oooOOOooo', but slightly less cool because people just tend to find OCD sufferers a bit weird (not that they are, in fact probably my presence on this site proves that I am a bit obsessive). I liked the way Ryan was introduced to the show as he didn't seem like a replacement per se, more of a new character whose predecessor happened to have died. I just think that instead of trying to develop Lindsay as a character, the writers are just trying to prove how she is better than Aiden.

everclaire said:
And also, Ryan's problems aren't the 'Oh all his wee mates died when he was a kid and he is the only survivor and it ruined his life and he can't look anyone's mother in the face oooOOOooo', but slightly less cool because people just tend to find OCD sufferers a bit weird (not that they are, in fact probably my presence on this site proves that I am a bit obsessive). I liked the way Ryan was introduced to the show as he didn't seem like a replacement per se, more of a new character whose predecessor happened to have died. I just think that instead of trying to develop Lindsay as a character, the writers are just trying to prove how she is better than Aiden.

Exactly! Speed was way more popular than Aiden was, and yet, the Miami writers didn't feel the need to turn Ryan into Superboy or the Greatest Guy Ever! in order to try to make the fans like him. I liked the OCD thing--very believable, and a nice counterpoint to Speed, who was obviously pretty laid back.

"Super Men" was on Spike last night, and I noticed something when I was watching it--Danny was totally useless on that case. Lindsay figured out the phone number written on Tyrone's chest (although hello, I don't think Danny and Pino are too clueless, they could have figured it out, but then Lindsay wouldn't have been the sooper speshul one :rolleyes:), she realized that the room service cart was missing, she found the pump itself...Why was Danny there, exactly? Oh, he had to say the line about having to ask her to marry him. :rolleyes:

I also re-watched "People With Money" and that scene with Lindsay and the tie experiment griped my ass for some reason. It was like Mac and Stella were just so confused when she said that the woman was innocent, even though they were the ones who had told her not to make assumptions. Then she said she'd 'followed the evidence,' and Mac just looked so f**king lost. Oh God, I'm so glad that Lindsay was there, otherwise Mac might not be able to tie his own shoes. :rolleyes:

Sorry, it might be over-reacting, but it annoys the shite out of me. They are all capable, intelligent CSIs, and they shouldn't have to make others look less-so in order to have Lindsay look better by contrast. :rolleyes:

Oh, and everclaire, I know a few people who would find that storyline infinitely amusing--including myself. :lol:

Faylinn said:
"Super Men" was on Spike last night, and I noticed something when I was watching it--Danny was totally useless on that case. Lindsay figured out the phone number written on Tyrone's chest (although hello, I don't think Danny and Pino are too clueless, they could have figured it out, but then Lindsay wouldn't have been the sooper speshul one :rolleyes:), she realized that the room service cart was missing, she found the pump itself...Why was Danny there, exactly? Oh, he had to say the line about having to ask her to marry him. :rolleyes:

And then remember her piss poor interrogation of that girl, where she was like, "Don't leave town" or something equally stupid. The girl wrote her phone number on the guy's chest--why would she leave it if she'd killed him? Sometimes Lindsay's stupidity amazed me. :lol:

I also re-watched "People With Money" and that scene with Lindsay and the tie experiment griped my ass for some reason. It was like Mac and Stella were just so confused when she said that the woman was innocent, even though they were the ones who had told her not to make assumptions. Then she said she'd 'followed the evidence,' and Mac just looked so f**king lost. Oh God, I'm so glad that Lindsay was there, otherwise Mac might not be able to tie his own shoes. :rolleyes:

That was a direct attempt to recreate that scene from "Dancing with the Fishes" when Lindsay smeared the smell protector goo on Mac's face. We get it, Lindsay thinks she's cool and clever. The first time, it was amusing. The second time, not so much.

Sorry, it might be over-reacting, but it annoys the shite out of me. They are all capable, intelligent CSIs, and they shouldn't have to make others look less-so in order to have Lindsay look better by contrast. :rolleyes:

I think the idea is that she needs all the help she can get. ;)

And then remember her piss poor interrogation of that girl, where she was like, "Don't leave town" or something equally stupid. The girl wrote her phone number on the guy's chest--why would she leave it if she'd killed him? Sometimes Lindsay's stupidity amazed me.

Christ, that never even occurred to me. Quelle knob. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back