Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that Top!! GRRRRR!!!!!!
Yeah it's going to be an interesting next few episodes! Prays to god it ends how I'm hoping but I have a strong feeling it's not going too!

I still think maybe she dies, I mean she has got to be feeling guilty about what happened, it should have been her not him. Something could go awry after the esu secure the suspects. Maybe someone else there is a bad guy. But on the other hand wouldn't this sort of paralell the Mac/Claire thing and also wouldn't this be too much for the character to take, specially after what he just goes through with the hostage situation?

I think it's possible but not probable. One of the bad guys could certainly pick up his gun, aim for Danny and either miss or she steps in front of him to protect him. It's a long shot, but it would make for a shocking ending to the season...one everyone would be talking about all summer long.

Your probably right, not probable. Seeing as the build up to this about the NYPD and basically showing how much of a crappy job they have been doing lately,(three deaths in the last six months if I remember rightly from my spoiler source) I doubt it would look favorable if they then let either of the suspects get away(who appear to be secured) and shoot a fellow officer. That would just make them look even worse. Oh well it was a good theory while it lasted.lol

Man, one psych. evaluation and Lindsay's gone -- or at least on an extended leave of absence due to some seriously needed therapy. She'd make Danny look like he passed with flying colors (or whatever the TPTB meant to do with that paticular little storyline). The psychologist would take one look at it, pass it along to Mac, and deem her not fit to work as a CSI until she properly addressed her issues. She would be too sketchy to have back out on the field where triggering factors most likely run rampant.

Either that, or I could subject myself to watching her skip crime scenes and breakdown if it meant Mac would ultimately have to let her go. I don't care how they do it, lol.

*sighs* But from what I heard of the season finale, it sounds like it does nothing but cement what this thread has based itself upon. Yeah we may beat the dead horse, but the writers just keep on shoveling it out.

Edit:

I was reading one of the little articles on TalkCSI and was wondering about this:

...Zuiker discusses the relationship between Lindsay (Anna Belknap) and Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo), saying there is something in Lindsay’s past that causes her to gravitate towards Danny.
What about her slaughtered friends made her gravitate towards Danny? Maybe it's not the best hour to try and think this through, but I can't think of anything about Lindsay's past that she would draw a parallel to Danny. I mean, she spent Season 3 pushing him away. Any thoughts?

Yeah, that line confused the hell out of me too. Maybe all of Lindsay's friends' fathers (and her own) were in the Bozeman mob and that's why Katums killed them, and so since Danny is the product of a mob family she feels a connection.[/sarcasm]

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that Danny will take it when someone mistreats him, and she likes that because she...yeah, I got nothing.

Of course, the line about Anna's performance being 'jaw-dropping' had me scratching my head as well. Sure, "Sleight Out of Hand" was better than most other episodes for her, but it wasn't the bestest thing evar! :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw the jaw-dropping comment! WTF! More like cringe-worthing but he's never going to admit he got it wrong!
I do'nt understand the pull of the relatioship, hell I'm never going to admit I like it!

^ I was laughing at the "jaw-dropping" comment. Is Zuiker smoking crack? The only thing jaw-dropping about Anna's performance is how jaw-droppingly devoid of emotion it is.

I don't reallu understand what it is about her background that makes her gravitate toward Danny either. Her friends got shot. How does that make Danny any more suitable a boyfriend than any other poor schmoe with unfortunate taste in women?

As for Top's possible season-ending theory, that would be my absolute dream and would give the season a spectacular ending with plenty of angst for Danny to carry into next season. Please please please let one of those bad guys pick up a gun and put viewers out of their misery.

Well, "jaw dropping" is kind of ambiguous. Something can be jaw-droppingly bad after all. Jaw dropping isn't quite the phrase I'd use if I was going to compliment someone, but maybe that's just me. I mean, maybe Zuiker does feel she's great, but if he didn't, I doubt he'd come out and say, "Yeah, we hired an actress who just can't handle the stuff we throw at her."

What draws her towards Danny is his hot ass and totally sweet nature. :lol: Don't know what that has to do with her past, but eh, I don't think it's hard to see why anyone would be drawn to Danny. :lol:

I think Lindsay should have been canned for skipping out on crime scenes. That's pretty bad behavior.

^^Yeah, regardless of what was going on in her life, she still had a job to do. Normally, when you skip out like she did-whatever the reason-you either get fired or suspended.

I always wondered why Lindsay never had a pysch evbaluation when she came back after the trial. Surely she would have needed something! it just seemed she was only affected by what happened in her past when it suited her!

^^I know. You can chalk that up to horrid writing. They should have given her a psych eval. Anyone who knows anything about PTSD (I assume that was her problem) knows that you have to get evaluated before going on any high-stress job. The failure to have her character undergo the eval is a bad mistake on the writer's part.
It is going to bite them in the arse. Maybe that is what 'dashes their destiny'. Lindsay goes psycho and they have to lock her up in a loony bin. *wishful thinking*

Was anyone else really annoyed by that little flower comment Lindsay made last ep? Looks like shes back to her old show-offy somebody-please-give-me-a-gold-star ways...

But i loved the FLack/Lindsay bickering...we're not the only ones annoyed by her, apparently...=P

cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
Was anyone else really annoyed by that little flower comment Lindsay made last ep? Looks like shes back to her old show-offy somebody-please-give-me-a-gold-star ways...

Oh, I was annoyed! The delivery was bad, otherwise it might have worked. But yeah Lindsay is terribly impressed with herself and it's irritating.

But i loved the FLack/Lindsay bickering...we're not the only ones annoyed by her, apparently...=P

Flack hates her! I love it! As if I didn't have enough reasons to love Flack, I can now add to the list that he hates Little Miss Cow Pie too. :lol: I loved the condescension in his voice when he mentioned that knowing the flower came from a greenhouse didn't exactly narrow things down and then just kind of going, "I'm glad I don't have your job" when she came up with something to narrow it down. Ouch. No love for Lindsay from Flack at all. I love it. He would have reacted totally differently had it been Stella or Danny with that evidence. Great writing there.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Nixon from the Suicide Girls will come back, and this time Danny doesn't get all wishy-washy namby-pamby and say no. That would count as a season-ending distraction, wouldn't it? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back