Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got it! It's cause, like, Lindsay has a scary dark past and Danny also has, like, another super dark scary past. They're perfect together! I'm sure Lindsay unwittingly knows Danny also went through hell and "Run Silent, Run Deep" proved it. She just senses it. Brutally slaughtered friends....brother who accidentally tangles you up as a suspect for murder -- same difference. *sniffs* Do I smell sarcasm?

But then again, every CSI has his or her secret. It seems to be a qualification for the team. Danny just has a hot ass and looks good in a pair of jeans. I guess I'd gravitate towards him as well if those were my qualifications.

Yeah, that line confused the hell out of me too. Maybe all of Lindsay's friends' fathers (and her own) were in the Bozeman mob and that's why Katums killed them, and so since Danny is the product of a mob family she feels a connection.
But that could also be it. Peddling cows isn't for the faint of heart. When Lindsay and her friends failed to deliver Farmer John's monthly payment on time, things got ugly, and Katums was sent as a hitman to finish the job. Make 'em into an example.

As for Lindsay's little flower story this past episode, I thought it was a little awkward. I felt Hawkes, for example, would have been perfectly suited for the part. His ability to gather oddball trivia and natural charm would have made for easier swallowing on the viewer's part. I didn't think Lindsay was unbearable this past episode (she's definitely more suited for the lab), but I felt her scene with Flack and Stella was clunky, out of place, and neither cute nor coy (as to what I'm assuming it was meant to be).

^Lindsay wasn't unbearable in this ep, nor was she in "A Daze of Wine and Roaches." As long as she's not trying to emote dramatically, she's okay. Not great, but not horrendous. Still...there's nothing likeable about the character. She's just off. She's not warm where she should be, she's not cute or lovable and I think the writers intend her to be. There's something uptight and unpleasant about her that keeps her from being the light presence I think the producers intend her to be. The show would be better off without her around, period. At best, she adds nothing; at worst, she seriously detracts.

As for Lindsay's little flower story this past episode, I thought it was a little awkward. I felt Hawkes, for example, would have been perfectly suited for the part. His ability to gather oddball trivia and natural charm would have made for easier swallowing on the viewer's part. I didn't think Lindsay was unbearable this past episode (she's definitely more suited for the lab), but I felt her scene with Flack and Stella was clunky, out of place, and neither cute nor coy (as to what I'm assuming it was meant to be).

ITA with this. She wasn't unbearable, but that scene felt awkward to me as well. It was just embarrassing rather than charming. She sounded like a 5 year old or something. You are right that Hawkes could have done that better. As could Mac or really anyone.

^^She did sound like a five year old. I wanted Flack to say something like, "What? You want a cookie now? Or maybe a wittle gold star? Hmmm? Would that make you happy?"

Hawkes would have been perfect for those lines. Hell, an actual five year old would have been better. ;)

^Yeah, that's ultimately the problem I have with Lindsay--any of the other characters could do what she does, and a lot better. Another actor--Melina, Carmine, Eddie, take your pick--would have turned that dark secret storyline into gold. It was absolutely wasted on her. And when she's getting storylines and others aren't, it feels like a waste to me.

I can't stand the fact that since she has been back, she is all over the screen. Every other character that has such amazing potential to add great things to the show (Adam, Sid, Sheldon etc.) has been pushed to the sidelines. And I don't know what the heck they are doing with Danny, when he could have such great storylines, it drives me nuts. Her character is BORING, Anna can't deliver her lines in a funny, serious, cute or entertaining way at all. I hope the season does not end with some big storyline that includes Lindsay and then goes on to continue into next season :mad:. Lindsay not only lacks chemistry with Danny, she lacks chemistry with EVERY character on the show.

Every other character that has such amazing potential to add great things to the show (Adam, Sid, Sheldon etc.) has been pushed to the sidelines.

Adam and Sid are recurring characters/actors. Linsday is a regular character. Naturally she's supposed to get more screentime.
I hate the idea of a Danny/Lindsey pairing true, but sometimes I feel I must be getting different versions of all the episodes because I didn't see anything wrong with Lindsday last week. Of course the fact that she and Danny weren't on screen at the same time probably had something to do with it. (or maybe I just have a thing about underdogs/characters that people have a down on)

I'm way beyond the DL thing now. I am talking her character in general. I don't think she fits with ANYONE. I realize that the others are not main characters (except, I do think Sheldon should be considered a main character if Lindsay is considered one) but I think the others (Adam and Sid for example) have potential to bring something to the show that it has been missing for a while now and they should be given more screentime. The little time that they have been given, they have added more humour, drama and excitement to the show than all her screentime put together. By the way, it is not just the character for me, it is also the actress, in my opinion, Anna can't act.

Ceindreadh
...because I didn't see anything wrong with Lindsday last week. Of course the fact that she and Danny weren't on screen at the same time probably had something to do with it.

I agree that the fact her and Danny weren't onscreen together had a lot to do with it, BUT--(in my opinion) even when she is onscreen with other characters, she is not up to par. Yes, some of her scenes don't make me cringe as much, but that doesn't negate the fact that everyone on the show outshines her. Yes, Adam and Sid naturally get less screen time b/c they are not main characters, but they bring a lot more to the show when they are on screen than when Lindsay is on. They (writers) haven't found the proper niche for her, they haven't developed her character enough, and all they seem to be doing w/her is making her a love interest and a victim.

(btw-to let you know, I am not attacking you or what you said, I just disagree)

I used to hate her too, but it wasn't something because of her faults, it was probably because I was just to bitter that Aiden was gone. ='(

I honestly didn't even try to like her, and I only watched CSI NY when it was a rerun from back in the days of Vanessa Ferlito.

However, it only took about 3 Danny/Lindsay episodes before I opened up to her, and I said, Well, she is afterall going to end up with someone who should be my boyfriend (Danny) so I may as well at least try to like her.

Well, she is afterall going to end up with someone who should be my boyfriend (Danny) so I may as well at least try to like her.
Ummmm...why should that make you like her? :confused:**is confused** I'm not going to start liking her just because of Danny. She's a useless character who's sole purpose is to be Danny's love interest. Maybe that's why they got such a boring character. Maybe TPTB think that just because Danny like her, everybody else will too. Not gonna happen. :rolleyes:

SimplyBlue said:
You're hot Danny, but you ain't that hot.

Start solving crimes in your boxers; then we'll talk.

Now that would boost ratings! :lol: :lol: Poor Carmine might start feeling a bit exploited 'though. Oh well, sucks to be him. :devil:

If anything, it's the badly written romance between Danny and Lindsay that really made me wish she was gone. I could ignore the Mary-Sue-ishness of her, if we weren't for the chemistry free relationship we've been beaten over the head with this season. Poor Danny; maybe we should start a "Free Danny" campaign, complete with T-shirts (even if it hasn't worked for Katie ;))

A "Free Danny" campaign is brilliant! I love it! :D I sense a thread... ;)

SimplyBlue said:
...that just because Danny like her, everybody else will too.
You're hot Danny, but you ain't that hot.

Start solving crimes in your boxers; then we'll talk.

:lol: As sad as it sounds, I do think that was part of the intent in pairing Lindsay up with Danny. I think there was an assumption that it would draw immediate interest to the character, and I can't say it was a total failure. It seems there are people who watch the show just to oooh and ahhh over ever little interaction between Danny and Lindsay. Hell, I'll admit my main draw to The OC was the cuteness of Seth and Summer. But that was The OC, not a CSI show. I'm all for relationships, but not ones that undermine the point of the show--and purportedly NY is a crime drama.

I'll admit, if they had great chemistry, I might suck it up. But Carmine had better chemistry with that dog in "Not What It Looks Like" than he does with Anna, and Anna is an extremely limited actress. So it falls flat. Bad enough she's on the show in the first place, but it's much, much worse that she's dragged down one of the show's best characters with her.

I posted this in a thread in the news forum, and I think it really related to this thread:

I've definitely encountered characters I disliked before--the one that comes to mind in recent times was the wishy washy Duncan Kane (Teddy Dunn) on Veronica Mars. He was supposed to be the hero, but he was such a nothing character, and the actor was a tad bland, too. But he wasn't a plain out bad actor. Interestingly enough, fan response was so negative towards him that the creator of the show wrote him out! Michael Ausiello basically revealed in his column that that was the reason he was written out in the second season. So perhaps there's hope yet... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back