Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
everclaire said:
And then remember her piss poor interrogation of that girl, where she was like, "Don't leave town" or something equally stupid. The girl wrote her phone number on the guy's chest--why would she leave it if she'd killed him? Sometimes Lindsay's stupidity amazed me.

Christ, that never even occurred to me. Quelle knob. ;)

No, I think I have it - you know those really really old movies and detective stories, where everyone else is really stupid and they miss stuff like the killer writing his telephone number on the body and stuff? And then all it takes this super-observant detective to come in and save the day, before gathering everyone before the fireplace to tell them how the killer did it? "Ah, but he did it to throw us off, because you'd never think a killer would actually DO that!"

... I think Lindsay wants to be one of THOSE detectives.

How do you guys feel about this after seeing the rest of the season? I think Lindsay was a little less irritating now that her angst-fest is finally over, but she's still not a character I've warmed to in any way.

The one moment I did like her was when she told Danny he was going to have to work off his debt the old-fashioned way. :lol: I do admire a woman who says what she wants and goes after it.

But other than that, she was still plenty self-centered in the finale, dragging Danny out of the warehouse when Flack wanted to get EMS to come over to him to help, and going on about her own guilt about Danny ending up in the warehouse.

I hope she'll be more palatable next season, but ultimately, I'd still like to see Katums come and blow her away. :lol:

I don’t like Lindsay. I won’t say that I hate her, that is too strong word. I just simply honestly don’t like her. She does nothing to me. Scenes with her bore me to death. I don’t know if it’s the writers not writing her properly, or the actress herself not suitable for this role.

I’m having open mind about characters, letting them to prove themselves. I gave the same opportunity to Lindsay, but so far nothing… I didn’t like Aiden at first too, but after a few episodes I started warming up to her, and eventually I really liked her. I was sad that Aiden had to go, but I was also interested and looking forward to meeting a new character.

I can’t comment on Lindsay/Danny relationship as we’re still only in the middle of S2. I’m still to see that, and only when I see it with my own eyes, I’ll be able to comment about that, but not before. I’m keeping my mind open.

I think a big part of the problem with Lindsay is that there really isn't much to redeem the character. She's poorly written, she's played by a mediocre (and sometimes downright bad) actress and she's really nothing more than glorified love interest now that her dark secret has been rushed through. She's just kind of useless. It's a shame, because the character had some potential, but she was miscast and mishandled.

948 posts, people! Can we make it to 1000! How much do I dislike Lindsay? Ah, let me count the ways.

1. I don't like her face (sorry, Anna), but she is the milchtoast type that just gets right up my nose. I don't know why, but I really see a pinched, sour quality there that clashes with the perkiness I think they are aiming for.

2. I saw Oedipus Hex a few weeks ago, and although I had already seen references to this scene, I was quite taken aback by the petulant display when she was asked to talk to the victim's mother. WTF?!! It really was jaw-dropping. I think they were wanting distress, but all they got was whiny and childish.

3. Me, me, me! It's all about meeeee!!!

4. If we've said it once, we've said it a million times (well, 948), the inconsistent characteristion is this character's worst enemy. One episode she is perky, the next depresso-girl. The other characters manage to remain consistent and recognisable. We may not always agree with their actions (ahem, Mac), but we can understand where they were coming from. This is not something we get with Lindsay, so where is the problem here? The line in Snow Day, where she suggests Danny repay her "in kind", is only further out of character. Where the heck did that personality come from? Maybe she has Multiple Personality Disorder and this is all set up ... :p

5. The weak romance plot only serves to further degrade her character, as she becomes superfluous as anything else. She had nothing to do in the finale. No one missed her while she was in Montana. We'd miss Danny, Hawkes or Flack like crazy (and not just because that's some nice eye-candy :devil:)

1. I'm with you on her face. Yes, she's plain, but it's the way she scrunches up her face in every damn scene, whether looking at evidence or "emoting" that makes her just so damn irritating.

2. That outburst to Danny about always getting the unpleasant jobs was childish and unprofessional. We're supposed to buy her as a smart, capable woman? Not with scenes like that. Ugh.

3. Her self-centeredness is utterly annoying.

4. I liked the moment in "Snow Day" when she got aggressive with Danny, but her character doesn't have any consistency. We haven't seen anything since second season to indicate she had the moxy to say that to a guy. Her character is what they need her to be week to week, and that's no good. Character should drive story, not the other way around.

5. The romance plotline has turned her into nothing more than a love interest character. But...now that her 'dark secret' storyline is done, is there really anything else for her to do? Other than exit in a body bag that is... ;) :devil:

^ Re the 'body bag' - I've got my fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath :(
Top41 said:
I think a big part of the problem with Lindsay is that there really isn't much to redeem the character. She's poorly written, she's played by a mediocre (and sometimes downright bad) actress and she's really nothing more than glorified love interest now that her dark secret has been rushed through. She's just kind of useless. It's a shame, because the character had some potential, but she was miscast and mishandled.
That's exactly what I feel in a nutshell - you're very succinct Top!

I was reading the Emmy thread the other day and came across this list of submissions. All the actors and actresses submitted for Emmys this season are listed. Interestingly, Anna Belknap is the only actress in all the CSI franchise shows that was not submitted for Emmy consideration by CBS. Interesting, no? ;) I mean, she had a dramatic storyline this season, and usually that makes one a shoe-in for at least getting submitted by the network for consideration. Eva La Rue, who I would say had a similar amount of screentime over on Miami, was submitted.

And before anyone comes in to argue that it was because she was pregnant, Mariska Hargitay on SVU was submitted for consideration the year she was pregnant (and may ever have one). So the pregnancy excuse doesn't fly here. ;)

The fact that CBS didn't bother to submit her for consideration suggests to me that they're finally catching on that she's a bad actress as well.

There may be other considerations as well.
Michael Weatherly is the only main cast actor from NCIS not being submitted - or at least not on that list - and I don't think anybody could believe 'being a bad actor' to be the reason.

Top, that is interesting!
Knowing our lcuk though she'd be submitted and win. Don't think I can ever deal with another Gwyenth monent at the Oscars!
It's very strange that she's the only one not been submitted after the whole build up of her big, dark secret! Anthony Zuiker said she was going to blow us away with her performance so if he's so confident why no submission?

Ceindreadh said:
There may be other considerations as well.
Michael Weatherly is the only main cast actor from NCIS not being submitted - or at least not on that list - and I don't think anybody could believe 'being a bad actor' to be the reason.

Was he featured prominently this season/did he have a big storyline? Neither Eddie nor Hill was submitted this year, and they're certainly great actors, but neither had a big storyline this season unfortunately and thus I figure that's why they weren't submitted for consideration.

That isn't the case with Anna. She had the whole 'dark secret' storyline this year, and several episodes were devoted to Lindsay's issues and her working through them. And yet, they didn't submit her for consideration. To me, that says something.

Was he featured prominently this season/did he have a big storyline?

Yes and yes. Granted I totally hated his storyline, but he certainly got ample amounts of screentime, certainly more than DMC or PP. (Ducky & Abby)
Anyway, that's neither here nor there. And the Emmy's seem to ignore the CSI's and NCIS type shows anyway, but it's still annoying. (about MW that is, not to mention EC and HH)

^Interesting. I don't know why they didn't submit Weatherly--it seems like an oversight. But you're right--the procedurals do tend to get overlooked in the Emmy process which might be why CBS simply stuck all of their episodes online and didn't bother with the fancy DVD campaign process.

I still maintain that Anna wasn't submitted because her performance was subpar.

Top41 said:
All the actors and actresses submitted for Emmys this season are listed. Interestingly, Anna Belknap is the only actress in all the CSI franchise shows that was not submitted for Emmy consideration by CBS.

Just wanted to point out that Khandi Alexander (Alexx from Miami) was not submitted either, unless I missed her.

^No, you're absolutely right--I did forget about her. But unlike Anna, she didn't have a big storyline this season. ;) Alexx was actually sadly neglected this year on Miami--other than being at the courthouse when Clavo Cruz escaped, I can't really remember anything of significance going on for Alexx. I hope that's corrected next season; I really like her character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back