Why Lindsay Must Go

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by JDonne, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiane

Kiane Lab Technician

ITA about your theory on Mac/Lindsay over D/L. Danny shows a ntural vibe Stella, Angel and witnessed it with Maka and Aiden. Danny and Lindsay don't radiate any chemical element. Its as if you know they are reading from a script during their scenes.
    TPTB need to come to their senses and scrap the D/L. Just let it be a brief fling and let's move on with the show. Have D/L work together without the will they won't they annoyance, because its not there. Stop beating a dead horse.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Too premature for a celebration ;) , but this press release over at Futon Critic is very interesting if it's accurate. It lists Anna as a recurring character and not a regular:

BLOOD FOUND ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY LEAD MAC AND THE TEAM TO FIND A VIGILANTE KILLER, ON THE FOURTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 26

"Can You Hear Me Now?" - Mac and the team find human blood on the crown of the Statue of Liberty, leading them on a race against time to save a famous musician from death at the hands of a vigilante, on the fourth season premiere of CSI: NY, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor: Gary Sinise
    Det. Stella Bonasera: Melina Kanakaredes
    Danny Messer: Carmine Giovinazzo
    Dr. Sheldon Hawkes: Hill Harper
    Det. Don Flack: Eddie Cahill

RECURRING CAST:

Dr. Sid Hammerback: Robert Joy
    Lindsay Monroe: Anna Belknap
    Adam Ross: AJ Buckley

Here's hoping it's accurate and not a mistype! :D That would be a pretty big demotion and makes me wonder if her role has been reduced. Fingers crossed--that would be a great sign. The less Lindsay the better. No Lindsay is best, but if she's been demoted from regular to recurring that's a pretty big deal.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It's accurate. It came from a official CBSPress release (I saw the original copy from the CBSPress site and that was exactly how they had it, I posted the original at the spoiler thread).

I found that interesting as well. :D

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, to be fair, I'm curious about the 'recurring cast' label since I was under the impression that AJ was signed as a 'series regular'.

However, I'm all for her role being reduced, although I expect she'll be reduced to Danny's personal damsel in distress with even less individual development than she's had already. :rolleyes:

It's interesting that her name is listed after Hammerback's, though. *nudges Adam's up a spot* ;)

5. Top41

Wow!!! Either some poor intern in the PR department got it very wrong, or that's a major step down. Either way, it's very good news. :D

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Is there hope yet that she'll be gone soon?

Maybe if we're lucky the Amityville house will finish her off for us. Or she'll turn on Danny and try to murder him or something and then Flack takes care of her.

7. Top41

I don't know--celebration or hope that she's exiting would probably be premature, but if this is accurate--and the source is CBS, so the only way it's not accurate is if they majorly messed up their press release--it's definitely a step in the right direction. :cool:

We all know how Flack feels about people who try to hurt Danny--I'm sure he wouldn't be too sad to put a bullet or seven in her defending Danny's life. ;)

8. Silencer

Silencer CSI Level One

*bounce*

I was rather curious as to why Lindsay wasn't mentioned so much in the spoilers that Faylinn has been posting in her LJ. I guess now I may have my answer, and goodness, there's actually tiny glimmer hope for me... I might actually end up watching CSI:NY again at this rate!

9. Top41

Silencer, great to see you around!!! :D Yeah, I noticed Lindsay wasn't in the spoilers much as well (with the exception of episode 6). I'd rather she was gone from the show altogether, but if she's relegated to doing mostly lab work, I'd be satisfied. I guess if this is true, it pretty much answers the question about her character's primary purpose being Danny's love interest.

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It will be a huge celebration, no doubt. I hope it wasn't a mistake.

:lol: He would need to make sure she couldn't hurt his baby anymore. I think seven just might do that. :p

11. Top41

^She's already up to, what, three? LRC, Oedipus Hex and Snow Day. Only four to go. ;) :D

And as this is the 1000th post, I think I'll close this up and start a part 2. :cool:

CLOSED.

EDIT: New thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.