Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this theory from melanie33 in the spoiler thread:

Isn't it obvious. Destiny Dashed by Danny's season ending distraction. It would make no sense for Danny to push Lindsay away. My speculation is that Lindsay dies, but saves the Lab in the process. Sort of opposite to what happened in her past, where she couldn't save the day.

It would be a perfect end to the character's arc and a great exit for her.

Do we know a character dies this season? If so, that would be a great theory. I could see Lindsay going out, saving the lab. *smirky grin* And it would make me happy. :)

All speculation (wishful speculation ;) ) at this point. There's definitely nothing thus far to indicate a character dies in the finale. It would be the perfect end for Lindsay though, and I'd be pleased with it, too.

After thinking about this some more, as much as I hope I am right, I don't think its going to happen. One reason being wouldn't it be overkill for Danny to loose someone he is close to again?

Distraction. From the dictionary, is the act of distracting, or a drawing apart. It also means to go in a different direction, or detachment. With the options AZ gave this would certainly fit. I think he said, Afraid of commitment and another woman as being possible causes.

Also I was working on the assumption season-ending meant the season finale, could he have meant the last few episodes of the season maybe? Someone help me out here. lol

Both parties realize that it's not going to work.

:) Sorry for short post. S3 just started over here.

melanie33:
One reason being wouldn't it be overkill for Danny to loose someone he is close to again?

I think it would be--no matter how much I want it to happen.

All this talk of 'destiny dashed' has my mind reeling. What could it possibly be? possibility: maybe they both realize his attraction to her isn't the real deal? That it was just an attempt by him to get close to someone that he respects because of all the hardship he has endured. It's a weak theory, I know, but it is the only thing I can come up with. :confused:

The problem is that what Zuiker said is a little confusing. "Destiny dashed" sounds like a big deal, whereas "season ending distraction" sounds like Danny gets flakey out of the blue (fear of committment or something like that). One sounds severe, while the other sounds like a minor roadblock. I still like the theory that Danny pushes her away and then she dies heroically saving him or something like that. It would give him a major angsty storyline to play out next season, and the show could be rid of a character that doesn't work.

I doubt it will happen, but it would be a great way to go.

I'm all for Lindsay heroically saving the lab and dying in the process, but would TPT have gone to all the effort to send her back to Montana, to bring her back again to die! I know the trial was her alleged major storyline but ithe writers must know in advance the path the character is going.

After reading the spoiler thread (finale spoilers are up), I'm doubting Lindsay is going to die in the finale, but ah, it would have been a great way to write the character out. Oh well.

Yeah I've just read the spoiler thread! I don't like the little snippet about Danny and Lindsay!! The writers and I clearly have a different idea of wwhat relationship dashed means!
I know it sounds so harsh but I am actually kind of praying that she leaves to spend more time with her baby. She just seems so smug! Lindsay that is not Anna.

Top41:
I'm doubting Lindsay is going to die in the finale, but ah, it would have been a great way to write the character out.
Agreed. It would have been a happy ending to an unhappy character.

MichelleK:
She just seems so smug! Lindsay that is not Anna.
She does, doesn't she? But, you know, that might be the smugness that comes after delivering your pride and joy.
Hope that made sense...

Hehe! I just always seem to grrr or flinch when she's on screen! We just recently had Sweet Sixteen show here and when she got bitten by the snake I was so happy! No character has gotten under my skin like this and I just feel like TPTB are just trying to flog a dead horse with the whole of her character! I like Peyton and Angell more and I hardly now much more about them than their names really!
I feel bad because it's nothing against Anna personally, but it's just not working!

^Lindsay was annoyingly smug long before Anna ever got pregnant.

As for destiny dashed, well, there's nothing I've seen that indicates that, so maybe it's something we haven't heard about yet. The writers seem to be doing a good job of keeping it under wraps--my guess is, we're just going to have to wait for the finale.

On a side note are Danny and Lindsay actually dating now! I know I should go to the shipper thread but I just can't do it!

Yeah she's always been smug and the teacher's pet! I just wanna throw things!!

I think because
Lindsay wakes up in Danny's bed
it's safe to assume they are indeed dating.

Again, still not sure how their destiny is dashed--it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back