Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
goldnhart said:
I must need my eyes examined, because I think Anna does look like she's in her 20s — not younger 20s, but late 20s. I have friends in their 20s who look older.
How old is Melina? She looks like she's in her 40s to me. That's not a slam — I think she's gorgeous and sexy — but her age is hard to pinpoint.

That's exactly right. She has come full circle and I can't really see her having many more issues at the present. I hope to god the romance element of her character is over and done with. She just seems so half hearted in everything! It makes me sad to see everyone else putting in ground-breaking performances and then someone else just bringing the show down to cheesy soap opera acting. It makes me wonder what TPTB are playing at sometimes!

Twinkletoes said:
I think they're referring to Melina being 40...

Gyraah, that's what I get for posting while under the influence of flu drugs. Sorry for the misunderstanding. (And indeed, Melina looks great for her age!)

And uh, this is probably the drugs talking again but ... how did people ascertain Lindsay's age to be 25 on the show?

When they were casting the 'young Lindsay' for "Sleight Out of Hand," they said they were looking for a girl to play a '14 year old Lindsay.' However, the spoilers didn't say that she was supposed to be 14, but rather 18. Since they didn't specify on the show, we don't know exactly how old she is, but the way they portrayed the character in the flashbacks seems closer to 14 than 18 IMO.

This question seems to have been asked before Anna returned to the show, but unless the show have changed there minds since, it seems to confirm Anna will be back next season.

TV MAIL BAG

By Jay Bobbin
Zap2it

Published March 4, 2007

Is the actress who plays Lindsay on "CSI: NY" leaving that show? --Leslie Bassini, Glen Cove, N.Y.

She's only gone temporarily. Anna Belknap took maternity leave to have her first child with actor husband Eric Siegel ("The Guardian"). They welcomed a baby girl Jan. 14, and while it's likely Belknap will return to her CBS show before it ends its current season, it's all but certain she'll be back come fall.

Weren't the kids in the flashback talking about going away to college? I believe Lindsay was 18 when her friends were shot, which would make her 28 now, meaning Anna is playing a character 7 years younger than she is. She doesn't look 28, but then not many 35 year olds who haven't had work do.

Carmine is 33, making him 2 years younger than Anna (or 1 and change, depending on when their birthdays are).

rhylee said:
This question seems to have been asked before Anna returned to the show, but unless the show have changed there minds since, it seems to confirm Anna will be back next season.

TV MAIL BAG

By Jay Bobbin
Zap2it

Published March 4, 2007

Is the actress who plays Lindsay on "CSI: NY" leaving that show? --Leslie Bassini, Glen Cove, N.Y.

She's only gone temporarily. Anna Belknap took maternity leave to have her first child with actor husband Eric Siegel ("The Guardian"). They welcomed a baby girl Jan. 14, and while it's likely Belknap will return to her CBS show before it ends its current season, it's all but certain she'll be back come fall.

Anna had already been back on the show when that article was published on March 4th--she was back in the Feb 28th episode, and had gone back to work sometime in early February. Kinda weird for Zap2It to answer the question after she's clearly already returned, and I doubt the show was contacted in any way when that question was answered.

But, regardless, no one in here is assuming she's leaving the show. We're just asserting that the character is an unnecessary and poor addition to the show and has remained so for the almost two years she's been on it.

Top41 said:
Weren't the kids in the flashback talking about going away to college? I believe Lindsay was 18 when her friends were shot, which would make her 28 now, meaning Anna is playing a character 7 years younger than she is. She doesn't look 28, but then not many 35 year olds who haven't had work do.

Carmine is 33, making him 2 years younger than Anna (or 1 and change, depending on when their birthdays are).

Just for info: Anna was born 5/22/72, Carmine on 8/24/73, so about 1 year, 3 months, according to Internet Movie Database (one of my fav sites EVER).

I still think it's assinine that they hired an actress in her 30s and created a back story to make her mid to late twenties. Why couldn't this big bad accident have happened when Lindsay was 24 or so to fit her current appearance? *shakes head* Whether you like or hate Lindsay, I think most can agree the writing has been shaky!

I still think it's assinine that they hired an actress in her 30s and created a back story to make her mid to late twenties.
Exactly--what's wrong with being a woman in her thirties? It's not only more realistic for the character and the job, but why must they make a woman younger? :rolleyes: True, they shaved some years off of Hawkes' age as well, so it's not just the ladies...

Why couldn't this big bad accident have happened when Lindsay was 24 or so to fit her current appearance?
Er, because it's not traumatic to see your friends on the floor with blood everywhere if you're over 18? [/sarcasm]

audrina said:
Just for info: Anna was born 5/22/72, Carmine on 8/24/73, so about 1 year, 3 months, according to Internet Movie Database (one of my fav sites EVER).

Yeah, I thought she wasn't 35 yet, but wasn't sure.

I still think it's assinine that they hired an actress in her 30s and created a back story to make her mid to late twenties. Why couldn't this big bad accident have happened when Lindsay was 24 or so to fit her current appearance? *shakes head* Whether you like or hate Lindsay, I think most can agree the writing has been shaky!

Oh, absolutely. The hiring of actors playing characters younger than they are is definitely popular. It makes sense for teen dramas--the nightmare requirements (certain number of hours in school on set, limitations of working hours, hiring a tutor, etc.) of hiring someone under 18 make it logical that they'd want to hire slightly older actors for teen dramas. But there's no reason to hire an actress in her mid-30s to play someone in her mid to late 20s. I doubt Lindsay had a set age when she was cast, though if she was originally intended to be in her 20s, I think they hired the wrong actress. Then again, I think that for a myriad of reasons. :lol:

^Agreed. It's her bad acting, combined with the poor writing for the character, that make her unbearable.

I usually avoid this thread but felt it was worth posting here.

Since the whole 'Dark Secret' thing has been resolved, I think Lindsay has improved somewhat though I think they still have a long way to go to make her an enjoyable charachter. I mean, she looks very adolescent compared to everyone else.

Even Danny, for all his occassional childishness, shows FAR more maturity and sophistication in one episode than Lindsay has shown in two seasons so far. I'm not saying she should necessarily go but they have really dropped the ball in developing her adequately.

It seems strange how they have done such a half-ass job on her while Peyton Driscoll, though a recurring charachter is a wonderful and very austere beauty with brains that Ms. Montana Girl can only dream of at this point.

^I think Peyton is a great example to hold up against Lindsay. In only a handful of episodes, the writers and Claire Forlani have turned Peyton into an interesting and compelling character with depth, whereas over two seasons and almost 40 episodes, Lindsay remains a cardboard Mary Sue and Anna can't seem to breathe any life into her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back