Why Lindsay Must Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The double standard sucks, period. It is what it is, though, and is probably not going away anytime soon.

The idea that Lindsay is 28 is absurd--if they wanted someone to play 28, they should have cast a woman who is 28 or at least looks like she could be in her 20s. Anna looks her age and it was a bad decision to try to write Lindsay as a younger character. She doesn't look or act like one. But I think the problem they faced in that was that if Lindsay's friends were shot to death 15 or 20 years ago, the storyline would feel even less immediate and seem to come from even further out in left field. The whole thing is a mess, and they'd be better off without the character, period.

Yeah, Anna does look her age. Mid-thirties. And she's the same when Carmine's in the scene -- older than him.

So she's supposed to be 28. Not even close.

I think she's only really started looking her age this season - which may or may not be related to her being pregnant.

I remember being very surprized to find out that she was over 30 when she started on CSI, mainly because I'd only figured her for early 20's on The Handler, which was only a year or so previously.

Whatever about the way she looks, do TPTB really expect us to believe that Lindsay went to college, did a forensics course and gained all her CSI experience before the age of 25? It just doesn't work out.

Regardless, the entire storyline was poorly done. Instead of having a clear and concise idea for the plot (especially if it makes up 50% of the character), it seemed like it was put together as the writer's went with no concern to potential plotholes. The only thing I could possibly look forward to if the writers care to salvage anything is Lindsay's psych. evaluation. I better, at some point in the series, hear that the woman's seeking counseling of some sort rather than her simply returning to New York and carrying on with her job. That's a load of crock if we're expected to believe everything's sunshine and daisies for Lindsay now. I'd claim she wasn't mentally fit for the job and anticipate another psychological breakdown at any triggering factor (the crack of a gun, for example).

At least, I'm assuming Lindsay suffered from some severity of PTSD, and if that's the case, I can't see her issues (especially untreated) being the end of it. PTSD doesn't have an on and off switch. As much as I despise the storyline, I'll spork the writers if they do drop it. I know I've stated otherwise, but they should at least coherently stick to their guns about something.

Something other than the fauxmance they're pushing for. I think I'd prefer to watch Lindsay further break down until she can no longer function at work, and therefore, quit.

I think it was a sloppy writing job -- done only to compensate for Anna's pregnancy. Not really intended to be Lindsey's original storyline. I mean, what does a 15-year-old murder trial has to do with her (original) issues with mothers?

I believe they could have handled it better than they did but since they were caught up with the teen drama that they were running...

Whatever about the way she looks, do TPTB really expect us to believe that Lindsay went to college, did a forensics course and gained all her CSI experience before the age of 25? It just doesn't work out.
Lol, I'll finish my BA Anthropology degree at 20-21 years old. It would probably take me 5 to 7 more years to become a full-fledged CSI or at least a Forensic Anthropologist.

The only thing I could possibly look forward to if the writers care to salvage anything is Lindsay's psych. evaluation. I better, at some point in the series, hear that the woman's seeking counseling of some sort rather than her simply returning to New York and carrying on with her job.

exactly. Do they really expect us to believe she doesn't need an evaluation? The small breakdowns she has been having are obviously because the whole thing is unresolved for her. I don't care for the storyline either, but her going to a psychiatrist would make it a hell of a lot more believable.

Yeah you'd think she be evaluated. Danny shot a cop and had a pysch evaluation and nothing he could do was right. Lindsay witnessed the brutal murders of some of her closest friends, was the key witness at the trial and no one even bats an eyelid!
I think I read somewhere in the spoiler thread, but it's not been confirmed that both New York and Miami are having cast shake ups!

MichelleK said:
Yeah you'd think she be evaluated. Danny shot a cop and had a pysch evaluation and nothing he could do was right. Lindsay witnessed the brutal murders of some of her closest friends, was the key witness at the trial and no one even bats an eyelid!
I think I read somewhere in the spoiler thread, but it's not been confirmed that both New York and Miami are having cast shake ups!

I saw that...I want to see a source on it, but it could be great news for NY. The best thing they could do for the show would be to ship Lindsay out. This cast is so good, and she just sticks out like a sore thumb. They're better off without her, and maybe they can take their time coming up with a truly appealing new character (if they want to add another person). Look how great Hammerback, Adam and Peyton are! Even Pino, who was in like two episodes, was immediately likable and interesting. I know they can do better than Lindsay.

Yeah I agree Top a source would be good.
If it is true, the only cast that they could get rid of is Lindsay. Unless someone else wanted to leave or whatnot. Getting rid of Linsday might inject that excitement and drive back into thwe show that has been lacking for a while now. Develop the characters you've got instead of constantly trying to find ways to rectify a flagging character.

MichelleK said:
Yeah I agree Top a source would be good.
If it is true, the only cast that they could get rid of is Lindsay. Unless someone else wanted to leave or whatnot. Getting rid of Linsday might inject that excitement and drive back into thwe show that has been lacking for a while now. Develop the characters you've got instead of constantly trying to find ways to rectify a flagging character.

Agreed. And really, she's come full circle as a character. The drama is thankfully over, and her issues are apparently put to bed. They've kind of reached a dead end with her character. I was actually surprised at how neatly Lindsay's dramatic past was wrapped up (from a dramatic standpoint at least--practicality-wise, Anna's limitations as an actress pretty much required a clean finish). And even the romantic drama seems solved, so as a character, she's pretty much played out. Where else is there to take her, really? So from a dramatic standpoint, she'd be easy to write out, because her character arc is done.

I must need my eyes examined, because I think Anna does look like she's in her 20s — not younger 20s, but late 20s. I have friends in their 20s who look older.
How old is Melina? She looks like she's in her 40s to me. That's not a slam — I think she's gorgeous and sexy — but her age is hard to pinpoint.

chaostheory08 said:
^Yeah, she's 40. But hey... if I can look that good in my 40s... hell, bring it on!

Huh? :eek: I thought she's only a year older than Carmine! Whoa, having a baby at 40 ... that's something too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back