Why Lindsay Must Go (Part 3)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. owlki

owlki Witness

An attempt to make us sympathize with Lindsay?

Let's see... Danny is somehow responsible for Ruben's death and, even then, Rikki forgives him. People can say: 'Oh, no, she didn't forgive him, she never held him responsible'.

I do think she blamed him for a while as she didn't want him to comfort her in the church at the end of "Child's Play" but forgave him and decided to blame Ollie Barnes instead, as we see on "All in the Family".

As Danny tells her she should blame him when she wants to shoot Ollie, she struggles with herself and I think she wants to blame Danny but she can't bring herself to hate him as she knows how much Danny cared for Ruben and her.

Now Lindsay is not able to forgive Danny for forgetting her birthday, even knowing that Danny is going through a very traumatic time. And, by the looks of it, keeps bringing it up over and over again with her sarcastic sweet/grating voice (I wanna shoot the screen when she does that voice... 'Hello Otto'...)

Oh, yeah, she does it forgetting that Danny was there for her when she needed him, even after she treated him like a doormat.

Yeah, definitely she looks very sympathetic to me... :rolleyes:

2. xPORCELAINDOLLx

xPORCELAINDOLLx Dead on Arrival

Owlki I could not agree more with you. I think it's sad that she expects sympathy when she couldn't bring herself to comfort him after Reuben's death. And you know what's really sad about this whole Rikki storyline. In less than three episodes, they've created a likeable, yet flawed, character. Something that they haven't been able to do for nearly three seasons now for Lindsay. I'd find it funny if it weren't so sad.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed.

And I don't know if you guys have seen the extended promo (linked to in the spoiler thread and the promo thread), but it looks like we're in for one poorly delivered monologue this week. :rolleyes: The snippet from the preview is pretty bad.

4. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

I have been thinking (rare thing :p)....

Lindsay reminds me of Meredith Grey on Grey's Anatomy, in fact they are almost completely the same. Same personality, hair color etc. Both are wet and have no personality without another male character. Meredith would be nothing without Shepherd as Lindsay would be nothing without Danny, and they spend a lot of their time whining about the utter craposity of their 'miserable' lives and yet these two seem to be two very popular female characters. I mean in CSI:NY it can't really be denied that Lindsay is the preferred character over Stella which in my humble/arrogant opinion is stupid. I mean a brain dead goldfish has more personality then Lindsay Munroe. I think Lindsay appeals more to the younger viewers, (except in the case of my mother) which is interesting.

In the coming eppie it appears we are in for a beating, yay! It seems to me that Lindsay will admit her love for Danny who also seems to be 'cheating' on her (if a one-stand is a relationship). If the promos are anything to go by, we are in for a whole whinging Lindsay (“Oh Danny cheated on me. I'm a poor damaged person who's friends were all murdered...He forgot about my birthday. But I'm soooo in love with him as he is the best. *cue rolling eyes*”) all season, whoop-de-doo, my heart leaps with joy *sarcastic*

Now some wishful thinking-If only Lindsay was staying at Stella's apartment when it was burned....and Stella forgot to save her. Hehe crispy...dead Lindsay. Then we could get an actual decent, nice character, who is not an self obsessed, whiny annoying....thing. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thanks for listening to my rant :)

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

You're so right (and a bit annoyed also :D). Apparently Danny doesn't give a rat's ass for Lindsay. Sad, but true. Now we are at a turning point: will we be revealed the true personality of Lindsay, the one that doesn't involve Danny, or she will be gone for the next season as she has a broken heart and she can't work with the man she loves and goes back to Montana?

6. privatename

privatename Rookie

Oh, please, yes!! From your lips (fingers) the the writers ears (eyes).

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Well, as many others have said, promos are meant to be misleading. Lindsay could go off on her "Monolgue of Doom" before anything happens with Rikki and Danny. I doubt they'll go that way, but it could happen. I agree, it would be a perfect opportunity to have the country girl decide the big city is too hard to handle and send her ass back to Montana. If only that really would happen.

8. Top41

I love the idea of all of this heartbreak with Danny sending her straight back to Montana--for good.

As for the Lindsay/Meredith Grey comparison, I think it's a good one in some respects--both are selfish and self-centered, but I feel like there's a lot more to Meredith than there is to Lindsay. Meredith is complex and from a young age had a lot of bad crap happen to her. Parents splitting up, demanding/critical mother, father abandoned her, etc. Lindsay's trauma is significant, but it happened to her at a later age.

I also think Ellen Pompeo is just a better actress than Anna all around, so that biases me I guess. We also see much more of the GA characters than the NY ones because GA is heavily a character show, but then, I feel like Mac, Stella and Danny are just as defined as any GA character.

I just hope this story with Rikki/Danny/Lindsay doesn't turn Danny into the bad guy for the sake of getting sympathy for Lindsay.

9. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

PerfectAnomaly is right. The promos tend to be misleading. The best example is the one for All in the Family. We won't be that lucky as to see her ass back in Montana. The fact that they go to a ball game in 417 is the thing that can clarify (or at least i wish it would) that Danny will not be the bad guy. Hell, from all we know, when Lindsay is saying the whole falling in love crap to Danny, she may not be in his kitchen (if I am correct) facing him while he's shirtless. The two frames may not be linked. If this is true, Lindsay may get a positive reaction from Danny, given the ball game from the next episode. I think that we shouldn't get our hopes up. And many more theories can emerge from those 3 seconds promo. I say let's wait for Wednesday and for the lovely Monologue of Doom (God I love how that sounds) and see what happens. Usually, it is a mixture from everyone's hypothesis. :D

10. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, I'm gonna echo the opinion/fact that promos do tend to be misleading. Best example is the one miss_blue pointed out, the promo for episode 4x11.

The thing about spoilers is that there's always the chance it won't come to pass in the final episode at all. The real point of any spoiler is to generate interest in viewers who actively seek them out. ;) So until I see it happen on the show itself, I consider any spoiler just speculation fodder. So for now, all that confirmed so far is that Danny definitely gets intimate with Rikki in this week's episode.

Agreed. That would be extremely low and cheap, considering what just happened to Rikki. :( I am still hopeful the situation will end on an amicable, mature note.

Heh, to get back to the thread's topic of why Lindsay must go ... the delivery of that one line in both versions of the promo is bad enough. Imagine having to listen to an entire monologue with her looking and sounding like that! :lol: It's going to be even more cringe-worthy than the, "I rock!" moment.

11. Top41

^No kidding. If that's a preview of the monologue...well, it's gonna be bad. Cringe-worthy, scary bad. :eek:

I doubt the writers would paint Rikki as a bad guy, given that the woman just lost her son. And we know Danny is pretty wrecked over it, too, so I'm hoping just because Lindsay is all pissy doesn't mean that Danny will automatically be the bad guy. After all, she hasn't been there at all for him during that ordeal...and I hope the scene in 411 was a set up for this one. After all, not supporting Danny emotionally--someone she supposedly now loves--is a failure on her part.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

As much as I dislike most of Lindsay's character traits, I hope TPTB won't paint Lindsay out to be some 'bad guy' either. The whole DL drama was handled in a bad and juvenile way from the beginning so for once, I'd like to see it dealt with in a realistic, grown up fashion. I dunno, I'm not too optimistic about it though. TPTB's track record for it has not been positive, even after all this time.

However, based on the longer promo, it seems like TPTB intends to make Lindsay's self-centeredness a canon trait. Perhaps TPTB is finally realizing that Lindsay simply isn't a likable character and is giving a shot at making her an unlikable one. Heh. That is rather ironic.

Bingo! Yeah, I do think the brush off in 4x11 was significant to what's going to happen in this week's episode. It would be mind-blowing if Danny brings that up after she does her monologue! What can she say to that?

13. Top41

I don't think she should come off as the bad guy per se, but she definitely should be called out on her selfishness. If that's the reason he's lost interest in her, I'll be impressed. That's a very real reason to get tired of someone--it's always about her and when he needed it to be about him, she wasn't there for him.

It's an interesting choice, but I like it a lot better than poor little wronged Lindsay. :rolleyes:

I hope so. That would be beyond fabulous.

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Oh, definitely! :devil: It's about damn time somebody actually did that instead of treat her as if she's the best thing to hit NYC since sliced wheat bread.

Heheheheh, Carmine did say in one of his interviews with CSI Files that Danny will find out 'Lindsay's not all he thought she was'. ;) It's very possible Lindsay's self-centeredness is a major reason for Danny 'looking elsewhere'. His choice of Rikki? We've seen proof in episodes 11 and 13 that Rikki is/was a loving, caring mother who's obviously close to Danny, enough to leave her son alone in his total care without worrying. She'll be capable of showing and giving much more love and emotion than Lindsay has.

Question! If Lindsay really does become canonically self-centered, would that change your want for Lindsay to leave the show in any way? All this time, TPTB has been trying to endear her to the audience, sometimes to the point of making people headdesk over and over. :lol: But now, if TPTB deliberately makes her an unlikable character, would that change your opinion of Lindsay in any way?

15. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I think that the majority of the people would be distracted by Danny :D It's a trick. The attention on that scene will be more centered on Danny. The writers are smart. They've put Danny there standing because they knew that the monologue will be crappy and scrunched-faced :D

If the TPTB are trying to endear her to the audiences by making Danny the bad guy, I think that they are going the wrong way. I think that they are trying to make Danny look like he's self-centered and all that jazz and that he disregards her feelings for him and whatnot because the majority of the audience is formed by women, and they might think that the women would appeal to her suffering. Not going to happen! At least not from me. Danny is most definitely the most popular character (and the proof is that he had more storylines than anybody on the show). If Lindsay becomes canonically self centered it wouldn't change my opinion on her, even more, it would confirm what we all said here. In my opinion, the one thing that could make the "Lindsay dislikers" change their mind or think twice about her, is if she separtes herself from Danny, and gets a storyline that doesn't involve Messer in any way. But that can turn out bad too, given the fact that she is not the best "emoter" on the show.

Making her look like the bad guy in this whole thing is not going to work for me either. I wouldn't be impressed, I would probably be like "whatever". There's too much D/L drama around here. It should stop soon. The season four episodes where there was no D/L were better. I wish that they would put an end to this, and give the time they've put in the love drama to give other ignored people some time of their own (see Hawkes and Adam).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.